• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Radiator Fan Malfunction

lasi

Hi Friends,

I have a 2005 N16 Nissan Sunny Face Lift. One day, when I was driving slowly in traffic, AC suddenly turned off (not blowing cool air out) then I manually turned it off and tried again after getting rid of traffic. Then It came on and was blowing out cool air steadily throughout the journey. Again on another day, it stoped working in heavy traffic. So, I assumed there must be a problem in cooling system and got it checked.

It was found that one radiator fan (motor driven) is not working at all and does not rotate even for a direct supply from the battery. Later, same thing happened to the other fan. Now both the fans are not working. He asked me to replace the whole fan assembly and told me that it would cost around 70,000 :mellow: Can this be happen? is it that much expensive? Is't there any otherways to get this sorted out. Can I replace the motor only? is it available?

Please help with your ideas and experience.

Hi Friends,

I have a 2005 N16 Nissan Sunny Face Lift. One day, when I was driving slowly in traffic, AC suddenly turned off (not blowing cool air out) then I manually turned it off and tried again after getting rid of traffic. Then It came on and was blowing out cool air steadily throughout the journey. Again on another day, it stoped working in heavy traffic. So, I assumed there must be a problem in cooling system and got it checked.

It was found that one radiator fan (motor driven) is not working at all and does not rotate even for a direct supply from the battery. Later, same thing happened to the other fan. Now both the fans are not working. He asked me to replace the whole fan assembly and told me that it would cost around 70,000 :mellow: Can this be happen? is it that much expensive? Is't there any otherways to get this sorted out. Can I replace the motor only? is it available?

Please help with your ideas and experience.

you should be able to source either brand new or used fans and fix them into the assembly, need not to replace the entire assembly since it's not an accident and assembly too got damaged. ;)

Check the prices of these fans with agents as the first thing, if it's too expensive, turn towards Delkanda and source a good used set of fans.

Further, needless to say don't drive the car until you fix at least a single fan.

you should be able to source either brand new or used fans and fix them into the assembly, need not to replace the entire assembly since it's not an accident and assembly too got damaged. ;)

Check the prices of these fans with agents as the first thing, if it's too expensive, turn towards Delkanda and source a good used set of fans.

Further, needless to say don't drive the car until you fix at least a single fan.

and asol finding the entire fan kit in Delkanda may also little bit difficult, in case try to find a motor fit to Ur assembly. It will cost U less, and also may easy to find.

Few months back when my Radiator fan went off, the entire kit was abt Rs.7000 and I found the same motor form another vehicle kit, and got it for Rs.1500. :angry-smiley-048:

Thanks for the reply. BTW, where is this place in Delkanda? As I know, the fan assemply can be dismantled so does anybody know whether I can purchase the motor only?

Thanks for the reply. BTW, where is this place in Delkanda? As I know, the fan assemply can be dismantled so does anybody know whether I can purchase the motor only?

you can purchase the motor only provided that motor shafts are not corroded and you can remove the fan blade without any issue and fix into the new motor. But it's always safe to buy the entire fan (motor + blade). can't recall exact place in delkanda as i'm not into Japanese spares much. Just pay a visit to Delkanda area (between junction and 8th mile post bus halt) dressed like a garage fellow, you should be better off with prices :D

70,000??????

No way!! Max 10K for both motors!! and that is also at a premium price.

yeah, and brand new fan (motor and blade) for 406 is only cost about 18,000/- and the whole assembly brand new comes around 52k, so 70k is almost impossible, unless otherwise it comes with condenser, radiator and the entire fan tube with two fans.

I am smelling a rip off here... I replaced both fans on my P11 using fans from a N16 and I paid only LKR 8000 for both.

checked the price with agents. one motor is Rs. 32000; 64000 for both :blink: does any body know about other places where I can go and check the price? BTW, I do not like to buy a used one.

As I mentioned earlier, it is 2005 N16. one guy told be that prices are bit lower for models below 2003. I think I can not use parts which were made for 2002 and below N16s

Any Idea?

checked the price with agents. one motor is Rs. 32000; 64000 for both :blink: does any body know about other places where I can go and check the price? BTW, I do not like to buy a used one.

As I mentioned earlier, it is 2005 N16. one guy told be that prices are bit lower for models below 2003. I think I can not use parts which were made for 2002 and below N16s

Any Idea?

I don't see any problem in Used parts as long as they are working, compared to Rs.32000 for a new one. Most of the used ones are used for abt less than 2 years and a good one can be used for another 3-5 years without any difficulty.

And also try to find the problem in Ur existing motors. Most of the times the problem in such items will be warn out brushes and rasors or bairings, which easily can be repaired by Ur self or a mechanic under Rs.1000.

I don't see any problem in Used parts as long as they are working, compared to Rs.32000 for a new one. Most of the used ones are used for abt less than 2 years and a good one can be used for another 3-5 years without any difficulty.

And also try to find the problem in Ur existing motors. Most of the times the problem in such items will be warn out brushes and rasors or bairings, which easily can be repaired by Ur self or a mechanic under Rs.1000.

most of these motors are sealed type and not repairable.

I dont mean to sound rude machang, but beggers cant be choosers... Just check if the motor works when you buy it and just use it.. generally these places give around a 1 week personal warranty in case it doesn't fit/work...

That would be the option most of us would go for.... But if you are still worried there'll always be that Rs.64,000.00 pair waiting for you...

most of these motors are sealed type and not repairable.

Yes Machan,

But of U look closer you'll find that the seal can be broken and take the things apart. And do the repairers and put the sealant gel and and fit together. I have done it personally to my AC motor to replace new set of brushes, which save me around Rs.2000-2500. :).

But you must do the things care fully and check whether everything was sealed 100%.

Yes Machan,

But of U look closer you'll find that the seal can be broken and take the things apart. And do the repairers and put the sealant gel and and fit together. I have done it personally to my AC motor to replace new set of brushes, which save me around Rs.2000-2500. :).

But you must do the things care fully and check whether everything was sealed 100%.

true, tried doing that, yes brushes could replace with greater difficulty but the bearing was gone and found out bearing is sealed to the housing and it was entirely impossible to replace that bearing than replacing the entire motor housing.

true, tried doing that, yes brushes could replace with greater difficulty but the bearing was gone and found out bearing is sealed to the housing and it was entirely impossible to replace that bearing than replacing the entire motor housing.

Well thats bad luck mate. If so Yes, go for a motor. :mellow:

Well thats bad luck mate. If so Yes, go for a motor. :mellow:

Mr. Thanushka'

You can change radiator fan with A/C condenser fan try to get a motor with small ball racers try on some A/C repair shops or new spares shops you can buy under 2500.00 new ones.

I run my vehicle with a A/C Fan on to the radiator no boiling problem.

Can you give your measurements of your fan I will find out the cost and inform you.

Wijesinge.

Mr. Thanushka'

You can change radiator fan with A/C condenser fan try to get a motor with small ball racers try on some A/C repair shops or new spares shops you can buy under 2500.00 new ones.

Can you give your measurements of your fan I will find out the cost and inform you.

Wijesinge.

Sylvi,

I do not have the measurements right now coz I'm in Colombo and car is in Kandy. I didn't remove the fan motor from its assembly yet. but to tell you that car is a 2005 N16 facelift one.

Mr. Thanushka'

Wijesinge.

Sylvi Mate,

Plz read the post from the begining. I didn't asked for advice regarding radiator fans.

Cheers.

Sylvi Mate,

Plz read the post from the begining. I didn't asked for advice regarding radiator fans.

Cheers.

Sir,

You have misunderstood my post I meant fan as complete radiator fan with the motor.

Can be substituted with A/C Fan motor for Radiater fan motor.

Only mistake I did was not writing fan with motor because we did write about fan motors.

Wijesinghe.