• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Please Help Me In Deciding The Car Brand...

nsiva

hi Guys,

I'm 1yr old to AL but new to the posting. I am looking for a used car about 1-1.5 million. As i haven't had a car in the past I am bit inexperienced. I dont like indian cars (tata/maruti suzuki), discouraged by the prices of popular brands(toyota/nissan/suzuki). I have in mind about Honda civic EK3/peugeot307/audiA4s. People may think why Audi -the brand new in the range of 16millions. So what you guys say about this:

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=32543

It is a 1996 Audi A4 but why it is so cheap because the new ones are similar in price to monteros/prados (about 16 millions).

Is that becuase of spare part cost/ fuel consumption. Any users please help...

I mean Why peolple dont like peugeots/audi(european cars)

hi Guys,

I'm 1yr old to AL but new to the posting. I am looking for a used car about 1-1.5 million. As i haven't had a car in the past I am bit inexperienced. I dont like indian cars (tata/maruti suzuki), discouraged by the prices of popular brands(toyota/nissan/suzuki). I have in mind about Honda civic EK3/peugeot307/audiA4s. People may think why Audi -the brand new in the range of 16millions. So what you guys say about this:

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=32543

It is a 1996 Audi A4 but why it is so cheap because the new ones are similar in price to monteros/prados (about 16 millions).

Is that becuase of spare part cost/ fuel consumption. Any users please help...

I mean Why peolple dont like peugeots/audi(european cars)

if i were you i would not waste a single second in online forums. i'd run as fast as i can and grab this audi with both my hands. this is a freaking manual dude! don't worry about fuel economy with those, it can't be bad. my previous boss has an A4 and he has told me that parts are not an issue as there is a guy (small-timer) dedicated to audi now. my advice to you. put an appointment with agents inspect the car and then if there aren't any major faults then grab it with both hands. may be the car is already gone. i missed an A4 before i finally landed on my cefiro. although i am completely happy with my cefi sometimes i wonder "what if?".

hi

If its your first car,and your not in a position to buy toyota ,Honda is the best choice.

Go for a Ek3 which is one of the best in that price range.

Having an Audi will be a headache for you when it comes in the term of fuel,maintainance,spare parts etc....

If you wanna drive with a cool mind ,go for Honda

If you think of prestige and have excess money go for Audi and take so much of headache as a side effect.

Brother since this is your first vehicle,my advice is to go for a Honda.(my previouse car was Audi A4,believe me)

if i were you i would not waste a single second in online forums. i'd run as fast as i can and grab this audi with both my hands. this is a freaking manual dude! don't worry about fuel economy with those, it can't be bad. my previous boss has an A4 and he has told me that parts are not an issue as there is a guy (small-timer) dedicated to audi now. my advice to you. put an appointment with agents inspect the car and then if there aren't any major faults then grab it with both hands. may be the car is already gone. i missed an A4 before i finally landed on my cefiro. although i am completely happy with my cefi sometimes i wonder "what if?".

amen for that, you said it right, grab it by both of the hands. Further i think most mechanical parts are shared with vw passat.

hi

If its your first car,and your not in a position to buy toyota ,Honda is the best choice.

Having an Audi will be a headache for you when it comes in the term of fuel,maintainance,spare parts etc....

If you think of prestige and have excess money go for Audi and take so much of headache as a side effect.

Brother since this is your first vehicle,my advice is to go for a Honda.(my previouse car was Audi A4,believe me)

i am 200% agree with you bro. Well said.

hi

isnt this more a term that'd be used for a toyota?

Not saying that Honda's bad, but if you ARE going for a mainstream-jap midsized sedan, might as well go for one perceived as the the more reliable one (a toyota)....

But that Audi IS one sweet deal! I would go for it. But since its your first and you dont know a lot about cars, maybe the safer toyota option?

I just did a quick comparison.... the corolla's and civics you get in the same price range as the A4 are a good 2-3 years older... same goes for the 406s etc.... amazing deals considering the luxuries and fancy stuff you get over the jap models...

hi

did you maintain the car with agents or a small-timer?

did you buy the car second hand?

it was second hand,

frm my uncle in Mirihana.I maintaned it with one of the best mechanics for Audies.(in colombo-Ex-company)

It was a era i dnt even like to remember frnd

that is a very strong sentiment against the audi a4. since you seem to be the only one talking of 1st hand information, i concede.

anyway is it possible that your uncle did not take a good care of it. was it a manual or auto?

Isuru ,man dnt take it personally ok?

May be your a well off guy to enjoy Audi A4.

But personally i dnt advice somebody whose new to cars to buy a Audi.because i hate that sort of waste of money and my time.

Thats my personal view.

All the best.

Isuru ,man dnt take it personally ok?

May be your a well off guy to enjoy Audi A4.

But personally i dnt advice somebody whose new to cars to buy a Audi.because i hate that sort of waste of money and my time.

Thats my personal view.

All the best.

hey man, i wasn't taking it personally and that is why i conceded coz you are the only guy talking of first hand information. i was a lil bit baffled coz my former boss was painting a completely different piture and he isn't the type who'd make it all up.

cheers! :)

Edited by isurujosh