• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

## Ward Place, Colombo - ## Scam

sudesh_col

I saw this add on paper where ##, ward place, Colombo - ## undertakes vehicle importing on your behalf.

They wanted an advance and they said its refundable if you decide not to buy, so I gave. They told they'll soon start sending photos of available cars.

Two days passed not a single photo or a phone call.

I waited another 2 days and nothing happening and told I want my deposite back....

They said tomorrow, tomorrow.... I decided to go there but they refused to give back saying they spent all that on logistics and stuff in Japan... blah blah...all the crap.... Todate havent got any photo nor my money back.....

Tell others to be aware of these SCAMMERS..... who steel others money..... I only can warn since ive already lost it.

Edited by MADZ

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw this add on paper where ##, ward place, Colombo - ## undertakes vehicle importing on your behalf.

They wanted 1Lkh deposite and luckly it was past 3pm and I told I can only give 40,000 and they said its refundable if you decide not to buy. They told they'll soon start sending photos of available cars.

Two days passed not a single photo or a phone call. I went there and then only they tried to show a photo to see its a broken link.

I waited another 2 days and nothing happening and told I have second thoughts and want my deposite back....

They said tomorrow, tomorrow.... I decided to go there but they refused to give back saying they spent all that on logistics and stuff in Japan... blah blah...all the crap.... Todate havent got any photo nor my money back.....

Tell others to be aware of these SCAMMERS..... who steel others money..... I only can warn since ive already lost it.

The place is along Ward place near HSBC, they have few cars on display and the Bosses Name is #####

Lodge a complaint immediately. May be another Sakvithi

Yes I think police is keen on taking actions against this type of frauds these days. Better lodge the complaint ASAP if you dint do so.

thanks for sharing.

Think they have another branch in Nawala.... They say they bring cars from a Japanese company called TAKASHI

sad to hear your bitter experience and good that you thought to educate others, but why straight away to this forum? surprised to learn that you haven't lodged a complaint or an entry to nearest police station.

I think even before posting your experience in this forum that's what you should've done at the first place.

sad to hear your bitter experience and good that you thought to educate others, but why straight away to this forum? surprised to learn that you haven't lodged a complaint or an entry to nearest police station.

I think even before posting your experience in this forum that's what you should've done at the first place.

Ya true but wanted them to know that theres bigger community out there who would listen to it and loss of business is way more than the 40k...

Wanted them to know that the danger of a single disappointed customer far outweigh the mere 40k......

This is one main reason I am going to stick to buying second hand/used cars from within Sri Lanka. The sudden demand for cars have created a special brand f scammers who will rip off the eager beavers who wants to make the most out of the current demand for new/recon cars.

If you go through the Sunday Papers there are more 'benevolent' individuals who are offering to bring down cars for anyone willing to part with the cash than there are cars for sale

The question remains how many of these people are the real deal and how many of these will run off with your money or worse still bring down a car that is full of issues.

Edited by VVTi

Ya true but wanted them to know that theres bigger community out there who would listen to it and loss of business is way more than the 40k...

Wanted them to know that the danger of a single disappointed customer far outweigh the mere 40k......

You are indeed a noble and generous soul. :)

Will you be forgetting your 40K? When are you going to the cops?

They wanted 1Lkh deposite and luckly it was past 3pm and I told I can only give 40,000 and they said its refundable if you decide not to buy. They told they'll soon start sending photos of available cars.

Two days passed not a single photo or a phone call. I went there and then only they tried to show a photo to see its a broken link.

I waited another 2 days and nothing happening and told I have second thoughts and want my deposite back....

The place is along Ward place near HSBC, they have few cars on display and the Bosses Name is #####

Thanks for sharing your experience, and please help us all by lodging a complaint with the Police and following that up. Like Harshana says you probably should have done it in the first instance, even before posting an article in a public web site :) And sometimes a few inquiries by the Police by itself might encourage these chaps to return your money without delay.

A lawyer would have advised you to make a complaint to the Police IMMEDIATELY. Even if you are unable to go to the Police - you can call the relevant Police- in this case - the Cinnamon Garden Police Station & make your complaint. The said telephone call will be treated as the 'First complaint' - and on receiving the same - they HAVE to act on it. Also now you can call 119 to report same.

If you had gone to the Police Station - by now - you would have had your money.

Having said all the above - thanks for sharing your bad experience-- which is really helpful to other A/L members.

QUOTE (sudesh_col @ Aug 9 2010, 03:35 PM)

To all members,

Mr. ##### is known to me for more than twenty years personally I don't think he will do some ting to spoil his name he started with a finance company in Kollupitiya and he build up his Business at Nawala then he shifted his office in front of Our late President's house Honorable President J.R.Jayardana.

Please inform did he took your money or his assistant. His assistant was thrown out suddenly from a reputed Motor Vehicle importer.

If you have proof you can go to CID fraud investigation section at Wellawatha next to Canal on the side of Buddha statue and make a complain next thing is also Consumer protection Authority at CWE Head office Building Colombo 00200 Wauxhall street.

I don't think Mr. ### he was a good pay master will never go down to that level he had a Car agency from China.

Wijesinghe.

To all members,

Mr. #### is known to me for more than twenty years personally I don't think he will do some ting to spoil his name he started with a finance company in Kollupitiya and he build up his Business at Nawala then he shifted his office in front of Our late President's house Honorable President J.R.Jayardana.

Please inform did he took your money or his assistant. His assistant was thrown out suddenly from a reputed Motor Vehicle importer.

If you have proof you can go to CID fraud investigation section at Wellawatha next to Canal on the side of Buddha statue and make a complain next thing is also Consumer protection Authority at CWE Head office Building Colombo 00200 Wauxhall street.

I don't think Mr. #### he was a good pay master will never go down to that level he had a Car agency from China.

Wijesinghe.

Well gosh darn I didn't know he was wije's friend. I guess we really hav e to trust him now! Specially since his biz is located in front of JR's house and he was "a good pay master" and "will never go down to that level he had a car agency from China."

imma gonna go over to ward place right now to put down my deposit, since wije uncle thins he's an honest man.

hopefully u got some form of documentation to prove that they accepted your money if not reckon ud spent a lot more to recover your loss and basic point being its not worth the effort.

Thanks for sharing your experience, and please help us all by lodging a complaint with the Police and following that up. Like Harshana says you probably should have done it in the first instance, even before posting an article in a public web site :) And sometimes a few inquiries by the Police by itself might encourage these chaps to return your money without delay.

Good to see you back Don...after a long long time too :)

QUOTE (Sylvi @ Aug 9 2010, 04:44 PM)

To all members,

Mr. ##### is known to me for more than twenty years personally I don't think he will do some ting to spoil his name he started with a finance company in Kollupitiya and he build up his Business at Nawala then he shifted his office in front of Our late President's house Honorable President J.R.Jayardana.

I don't think Mr. Gihan Ramanayke he was a good pay master will never go down to that level he had a Car agency from China.

Wijesinghe.

Mr. Wijesinghe - if we are to believe you --then the author has misrepresented facts in a public forum. With all due respects to the author - which can be a possibility.

Something which is so unsatisfactory on public forums is - that anyone has an opportunity to tarnish another's name.

But - as stated in a Sinhala proverb - we have to carefully listen or analyse any statement made - before believing same.

However Mr Wijesinghe - without disrespect to you -- there are people who would resort to such underhand tactics - if they are in dire need of money -- even persons of unblemished character would do so - get over a temporary hurdle.

So - we'll wait and see what comes out this -- but whatever happens - its a good lesson to all of us. [That's why a written agreement should be drawn up - before transaction of such nature is made. Also a receipt for ANY payment should be obtained from the seller. Then he cant dispute it in a Court of Law]

To all members,

Mr. ### is known to me for more than twenty years personally I don't think he will do some ting to spoil his name he started with a finance company in Kollupitiya and he build up his Business at Nawala then he shifted his office in front of Our late President's house Honorable President J.R.Jayardana.

I don't think Mr. #### he was a good pay master will never go down to that level he had a Car agency from China.

Wijesinghe.

If you know this guy, you can now immidiately call and inform him that there is a thread active on AL about him and ask him to return this innocent guy's money without loosing his reputation further.

Mr. Wijesinghe - if we are to believe you --then the author has misrepresented facts in a public forum. With all due respects to the author - which can be a possibility.

Something which is so unsatisfactory on public forums is - that anyone has an opportunity to tarnish another's name.

But - as stated in a Sinhala proverb - we have to carefully listen or analyse any statement made - before believing same.

However Mr Wijesinghe - without disrespect to you -- there are people who would resort to such underhand tactics - if they are in dire need of money -- even persons of unblemished character would do so - get over a temporary hurdle.

So - we'll wait and see what comes out this -- but whatever happens - its a good lesson to all of us. [That's why a written agreement should be drawn up - before transaction of such nature is made. Also a receipt for ANY payment should be obtained from the seller. Then he cant dispute it in a Court of Law]

True enough. As the old saying goes, never believe anything just coz you saw it on the internet.

But if you do, I have this bridge for sale....

No dis, but it is a new id created today, so no established bona fides.

Lets just say I won't be spreading the word, but I won't be buying from there either :)

negative publicity?

A guerrilla marketing tactic. A possibility.

Hi Wije

Your point is immaterial, he or his assistant who is working under him will be part of his business. So eventually it is his business. If ##### really did this I can simply say is he is a thief. And there is no difference what he did and what "Sakvithi" Even he owns buidling in front of Mr.JR's house or not thief is a thief.

If he didn't do such a thing ask him to come here and prove it... But for god sake don't tell us the documentation has cost him this mans Rs.40,000. specially for a car which he never saw and his employees were unable to give acceptable explanation.

True enough. As the old saying goes, never believe anything just coz you saw it on the internet.

But if you do, I have this bridge for sale....

No dis, but it is a new id created today, so no established bona fides.

Lets just say I won't be spreading the word, but I won't be buying from there either :)

A guerrilla marketing tactic. A possibility.

hmm and to topic starter Sudesh_col why don't you share some solid evidence this is a real incident happened to you. I hope this importer already aware of this and he can sue you for this if this is just a story. Tracking you through IP is not a big deal.

I am just wondering how anyone would be rich enough in this day and age to be really unfazed over the fact that somebody just ripped him off of Rs.40,000!

Once the bank ATM failed to give me the money I asked for and I raised bloody hell for 48 hours till it got deposited back in to the account... and that was only Rs.3000... ;)

Its like. "oops I just got ripped off of Rs. 40,000,... hmmmm... let me go to the nearest Cybercafe and post it on a forum and see what the guys would say".

Edited by VVTi

I am just wondering how anyone would be rich enough in this day and age to be really unfazed over the fact that somebody just ripped him off of Rs.40,000!

Once the bank ATM failed to give me the money I asked for and I raised bloody hell for 48 hours till it got deposited back in to the account... and that was only Rs.3000... ;)

Its like. "oops I just got ripped off of Rs. 40,000,... hmmmm... let me go to the nearest Cybercafe and post it on a forum and see what the guys would say".

tht hapd to me at an ATM for 40k and I was so scared! but it got deposited by the end of the day :D

on topic - I don't think anyone would pay a deposit in of 100k in the first place just to have a look at a few photos :action-smiley-060:

Members of the forum,

Please note I only mentioned what I know about him.

His assistant was thrown out from a car sales I do not know the reason he is related to a well known Cricketer.

If any person go through my post I told the victim to complain the matter to CID.

I told the facts of what I know of Mr.#######

He used to work for a Finance company as a cashier later the assistant to the owner of that Finance company.

Then he started his own imports. In Nawala By the road side Araliya Gardens in a big house.

The victim must complain the matter to CID.

Wijesinghe.