• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Oil Light Problem

GAPAUTO

Question

I recently bought a lancer station wagon EL which has a 1400 Orion engine. This has a A/C which is not the original A/C. Recently when drive with the A/C, after engine heat risers to the first mark in the temperature gauge, the oil bulk starts to show up in idle. Even when i release the gas pedal to exchange gears this happens. but when i press the gas pedal the light goes a way. Engine idle seems to be fine, when the A/C is on it doesn't try to stall.

Engine oil level also seems to be fine when checked when the engine is cold. What can be the reason for this problem ?

4 answers to this question

I recently bought a lancer station wagon EL which has a 1400 Orion engine. This has a A/C which is not the original A/C. Recently when drive with the A/C, after engine heat risers to the first mark in the temperature gauge, the oil bulk starts to show up in idle. Even when i release the gas pedal to exchange gears this happens. but when i press the gas pedal the light goes a way. Engine idle seems to be fine, when the A/C is on it doesn't try to stall.

Engine oil level also seems to be fine when checked when the engine is cold. What can be the reason for this problem ?

It can be one of the following reasons to oil light to come up

1.Oil pump has worn and the efficiency is low ,therefore pump is not pumping enough oil to the engine when its idling

2. Faulty oil pressure switch

when engine gets warmer engine oil gets thinner , so if the pump has worn then it gets difficult to pump oil when oil gets warmer.

If your engine has worn Lifters or Buckets (hydraulic tappets ) then it can cause engine to stall when its idling , Worn hydraulics will make valve opening time/length shorter .But when you press the gas paddle ,oil pump will start pumping more oil to the head and will compensate for the worn hydraulics.

You can simply check your actual oil pressure by using an oil pressure measuring gauge. This will give you a clear idea of the oil pump.

Also get your idle control valve checked as well ,But I think your problems are more due to above mentioned reasons

Hope this helps

Edited by AL998

When the oil comes on,actually, it depends on when. Oil always return to the light when you start the car for a few seconds of the test lamp. You must always be careful, because if someone lights come on, you must have it confirmed. If you do not, and this problem is to warn is really happening, you must drive ignorance until something worse happens.

Hi GAPAUTO

Engine Oil Level could be correct have you checked whether the oil is having proper thickness on it, previous owner might have not changed it for ages in which case it looses it thickness and pressure level will automatically comes down. :)

thanks

Regards

sumith