• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Maruti Car Prices Increase

carbuddy

Thousands. And hundreds in the waiting list too:jumping-smiley-013:

so are people taking into drugs and other forms of narcotics! :P

volumes in sales doesn't represent the quality of a product or the true value it gives to a consumer.

being and employee of central bank, you should be knowing that better!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so are people taking into drugs and other forms of narcotics! :P

volumes in sales doesn't represent the quality of a product or the true value it gives to a consumer.

being and employee of central bank, you should be knowing that better!

we were not commenting on the quality!! the question was "who would want to buy it?"

QUOTE (Killer-B @ Aug 12 2010, 01:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There you go shifaan, marutis do fly by but you don't happen to notice it since they are on the wrong side :rolleyes:

:alc:

my poor post is getting taken out-of-context... I didn't mean that there aren't jackasses driving maruti's at high speeds...

only that you are more likely to find bigger cars been driven fast, and also only a small percentage of maruti's (compared to total number of marutis in the country) being driven fast.

of course, it may be more memorable when you see a maruti whizzing past (on either side) at 100 because it creates a dissonance in your mind about how the car should be driven!

(you may be annoyed by a 1.8 Carina or 3l Montero or 2.0 Primera whizzing past, but you wouldn't be surprised by it)

we were not commenting on the quality!! the question was "who would want to buy it?"

Who would want to buy it? This would be bought by people who believe getting a unused Maruti for their hard earned 1 Million ruppes is worth than getting a used March or similar car in the it's class. Unfortunately they are mistaken. :angry-smiley-048:

Edited by MkX

ill informed people misled by manufacturers and marketeers so that they can make a buck out of a sub standard product!

"Quite a lot" of people voted for the Doctor too....

Like P.T. Barnum famously said, there is a sucker born every minute.

Peri...i think you've just found a tagline for the maruti's :P

only that you are more likely to find bigger cars been driven fast, and also only a small percentage of maruti's (compared to total number of marutis in the country) being driven fast.

Can disagree with that too. Sri Lanka has somewhat narrow roads, larger cars need more space to be driven fast, and if they don't have it, then they don't. However, you find vehicles that take less space on the road tend to operate more freely. In this category, Marutis, three wheelers and some bikes.

The notable exceptions are, of course, buses.

Might have something to do with the fact that fixing said big vehicles after bumping into things cost a bit more so owners are more careful too.

Under present economic situation spending 4 or 5 million of hard earned money for a used japanese metal cage is a waste. :P

Reminds me of recently seen 'just cleared' Suzuki Every DA64 (2006 model new shape) at Ishara Traders.

The odometer showed a 100000+ km mileage.

There was a hole been created on the floor board where the driver rests his heel.

And the salesman there told that they are going to price it at Rs. 2 Million.

Here is it.

Maruti 800 1035000

800 Ultimate 1085000

Alto Lxi 1295000

Alto special 1350000

Alto Sportz 1385000

Zen 1610000

What they said is Maruti India has increased the prices. :(

This is the very common popular song by car sales people.

No sense to purchase these poor build quality Indian cars at these prices !!!

anyone knows the price of this new A-star ? i have read that its build quality is better than maruti suzuki swift..

1.735 to be exact... which i think is not worth paying for it... the old price was reasonable... but the local company is taking its customers for a ride

isnt it a good idea to buy a brand new maruti 800 to run only within the city limits & sell it back when its about 5 years old?? it has a reasonable resale value also... rather than buying a 10-14 years old japanese car & spend the most of your time in the garage?? but if you're lucky u could get hold of a very well maintained jap car, then its really worth your money rather than investing it on a Maruti i would say & it seems really difficult to find a well maintained jap second hand cars nowadays :(

but 1 million is far way toooooooooooooooooo much for a car that only has A/C as additional option :P

Well said Harshana,

Guys,please use your higher centres when buying a car.Dont buy things just because its brand new.A 30 years old Merc is far more better than a brand new Maruti.The only plus point towards Maruti is its cheaper and has a good fuel economy.But did you think of these,

1.Durability

2.Protection for the passengers

3.Handling etc

REMEMBER!

MOST OF THE FATAL ACCIDENTS IN LAST FEW YEARS HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH THIS CHEAP INDIAN PRODUCTS

eg.BAJAJ/MARUTI

So its your decision to go for the price or your safety

1.735 to be exact... which i think is not worth paying for it... the old price was reasonable... but the local company is taking its customers for a ride

1.735 ?? :o I checked this thing out at an exhibition at BMICH about two weeks ago and it was only 16.75 then. Increase of 60K in just two weeks ? They say that it does 19kmpl but 1.735 is definitely a bit too much i guess. Isn't the Micro trend a better option than this ?

isnt it a good idea to buy a brand new maruti 800 to run only within the city limits & sell it back when its about 5 years old?? it has a reasonable resale value also... rather than buying a 10-14 years old japanese car & spend the most of your time in the garage?? but if you're lucky u could get hold of a very well maintained jap car, then its really worth your money rather than investing it on a Maruti i would say & it seems really difficult to find a well maintained jap second hand cars nowadays :(

but 1 million is far way toooooooooooooooooo much for a car that only has A/C as additional option :P

If you don't mind being uncomfortable wherever you drive, yeah it's a good option. If you enjoy driving, no it isn't.

a lot of misinformation in this topic,

the reason for the price increases is that Maruti India increased the prices, but the agents are making the most of it, due to demand i guess

http://in.reuters.com/article/idINIndia-50572920100802

and Turboman can u back up the claim with some evidence that most fatal accidents here are due to three wheelers and marutis, i find this very hard to believe

a lot of misinformation in this topic,

the reason for the price increases is that Maruti India increased the prices, but the agents are making the most of it, due to demand i guess

http://in.reuters.com/article/idINIndia-50572920100802

and Turboman can u back up the claim with some evidence that most fatal accidents here are due to three wheelers and marutis, i find this very hard to believe

any common man who follows daily news papers and tv news would agree with turboman's comment. That's not something very hard to believe.

MOST OF THE FATAL ACCIDENTS IN LAST FEW YEARS HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH THIS CHEAP INDIAN PRODUCTS

eg.BAJAJ/MARUTI

I rather thought most fatal accidents here are due to buses and lorries... :)

but if you are the victim of it and happen to be on a bike, in a tuk tuk (of any brand), etc then... :violent-smiley-099:

Reminds me of recently seen 'just cleared' Suzuki Every DA64 (2006 model new shape) at Ishara Traders.

The odometer showed a 100000+ km mileage.

There was a hole been created on the floor board where the driver rests his heel.

And the salesman there told that they are going to price it at Rs. 2 Million.

Micro buddy is 1.4 million and has areodynamic design than DA64 and 0 KM. At the buying point saving is 6 lakhs. :D

Well said Harshana,

Guys,please use your higher centres when buying a car.Dont buy things just because its brand new.A 30 years old Merc is far more better than a brand new Maruti.The only plus point towards Maruti is its cheaper and has a good fuel economy.But did you think of these,

1.Durability

2.Protection for the passengers

3.Handling etc

REMEMBER!

eg.BAJAJ/MARUTI

So its your decision to go for the price or your safety

Can not compare maruti byer and merc buyer.

Durability - This is related with the fact how well you are maintaining ,no matter which brand or which country made it.

Protection for the passengers - A myth-That depends on how you are driving according to the rules .A car can not save lives.If so should have save life of Princess Diana.

Handling -Depends on the experience of the driver.

Your last sentence apply to careless driving not the said brands.

who said it can be compared? but certainly a buyer who goes for a Corolla AE100 and Maruti paying the same price can be compared, argument was such that, buying brandnew crap vs. used well maintained economical yet durable car.

Durability - This is related with the fact how well you are maintaining ,no matter which brand or which country made it.

again a myth you have in your mind. There are brands/makes fails frequently and fairly early regardless of how well you maintain and there are reputed brands even if you bash and don't give a 'damn' on maintenance it'll run solid.

Protection for the passengers - A myth-That depends on how you are driving according to the rules .A car can not save lives.If so should have save life of Princess Diana.

Gosh, if this is the understanding you have on vehicle safety and handling, you seriously don't deserve a membership in this forum. Go read about R&D on safety and handling improvements, technologies/mechanisms used to improve 'em from unkels era. :D

Edited by harshansenadhir

What do you think would have happened if they had been in a Maruti, if it could go that fast? There wouldn't have been any pieces large enough to take to a hospital. And you forget, there was a survivor in that crash. Despite not wearing seatbelts. Would you like to do some research?

I have a question actually. Do you even drive? Coz quite frankly, there are arguments to be made for smaller cars within certain parameters, but this is just so far wrong that it makes me wonder how far your in touch with technology. Did you think we are still in an era where travelling by horse is faster than traveling by car?

I think your main point is wrong here. So rest of the story is same. For the price you send for Maruti 800 you can buy less than 10 years old Nisssan - March K11 with English plates.

I know Alto user who had to replace break pads/steering arm or some thing (I'm not very technical on it) with in first 3 years of the car. I've drove if for my self (Alto/800 and March belongs to my friends)

As you said using brand new Maruti is really not good idea for 5 years. And after 5 years I doubt whether you can sell it for reasonable price.

And you say it's really difficuilt to find a well maitained Jap cars. I have seen so many well maintained Jap cars in the 2nd hand market .. specially March-K11 / Toyota Starlet (same class vehicles). Infact I got 14 years old Honda about 12 months ago. Only thing issue I faced is speedometer sensor replacement which cost me only 7500.

Don't even used the the word Investing on Maruti it's gonna be total loss after 5 years. And during the 5 years you gonna use it you can have .. all the discomfort / lack of space / lack of safety / lack of being owner of real car / etc..

Target group for this car is the Group actually should avoid this car. If you have enough money and wanted to buy 2nd or 3rd car to use for the requirments that full filled by Push bicycle or Mortorbike, then go for Maruti.

My goodness Mr/Mrs Dilku,

The things you says reflects the deficiency of your knowledge in this automobile field.Let me analyze your critizisms

1.As harshana said its not about comparing Mercs and Maruties,its about not going for poor quality ones just cos of they are brand new

2.Passenger safety-Have you heared about something called crash worthiness testing?well if u havent-its a test carried out by manufacturer to figure out how the passengers are getting affected in crashes in variouse speeds.

The design is to absorb all the impact forces in to the framework of the car and it to collapse,minimizing the damage to the pasengers.

On the otherhand to minimize the thoracic and abdominal injuries(by G forces), they do special testing for their seat belts(1mil:1 failure rate) as well

etc............

3-4.Durability and Handling-Feel it for your self my driving a Maruti and a Jap(any) car.Its the best answer

And i wanna answer the question about the fatal accidents

Believe me,i dont have the statistical data.but im a doc in a accident unit.all Fatal accidents were caused by those Maruties and bajaj pulsers.

"SO I BELIEVE THEY HAVE GOT SOME MANUFACTURING DEFECTS "