• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mark Ii Radiator Fixed

Malaka2

Guys, My advice DON'T EVER EVER TRY TO REPAIRS A PLASTIC RADIATOR EVER.. They failed to repair the damage and there's no upper tank to separatly to buy any store in SL for my model.. So they glued and patched it, now the worst case is it is leaking again badly and completely ruin the radiator itself.. Most bad situation is vehicle stuck in remote area in down south.. So now I have to hire a carrier too..

Guys, my car's radiator fixed. Actually replaced the upper tank with new plastic tank, A place in negombo they undertake my request and now process is on going.. I'll post more info soon..

Guys, My advice DON'T EVER EVER TRY TO REPAIRS A PLASTIC RADIATOR EVER.. They failed to repair the damage and there's no upper tank to separatly to buy any store in SL for my model.. So they glued and patched it, now the worst case is it is leaking again badly and completely ruin the radiator itself.. Most bad situation is vehicle stuck in remote area in down south.. So now I have to hire a carrier too..

are you high or am i?

I know it sounds crazy. Yesterday at about 5 p.m. I recieved the radiator from workshop and managed to bought it to home about 10 p.m. And because of urgent matter I have to go to Galle today, so I asked a mechanic guy to fixed the radiator as soon as he can. So he fixed it early today morning and it worked.. But glue that applied to it won't hold much time, thats what happened.

I know it sounds crazy. Yesterday at about 5 p.m. I recieved the radiator from workshop and managed to bought it to home about 10 p.m. And because of urgent matter I have to go to Galle today, so I asked a mechanic guy to fixed the radiator as soon as he can. So he fixed it early today morning and it worked.. But glue that applied to it won't hold much time, thats what happened.

hate to say this...but this is why i said never to try and patch up busted plastic tank with epoxies and the likes...it just doesn't work!

have you tried pioneer motors panchikawatta for a radiator top tank?

they did have those for a nissan cedric sometime back...mind you that too isn't a very common model! worth a shot!

If not you'd have to try the used parts places in delkanda side...

as i told you in the previous thread, VVTI and i did saw a mark2 engine and japan lanka for sale!

Damn sorry to hear/see this, it was utter waste of time and money. Now you have to pay for a career plus what you have paid.

If you don't mind filling the rad and provide a direct supply to both rad fans, you can bring it home without boiling since it's most high speed cruising than bumper to bumper traffic.

Best if you could attempted to

1. source a used radiator from the hint Ripper gave

2. try little further to source a top tank

3. try to re-build the tank using copper

Damn sorry to hear/see this, it was utter waste of time and money. Now you have to pay for a career plus what you have paid.

If you don't mind filling the rad and provide a direct supply to both rad fans, you can bring it home without boiling since it's most high speed cruising than bumper to bumper traffic.

Best if you could attempted to

1. source a used radiator from the hint Ripper gave

2. try little further to source a top tank

3. try to re-build the tank using copper

forgot to mention about no.3 :)

radiator house does copper tanks from scratch and that should definitely be a lot cheaper that sourcing one from the agents!

last time i checked...they didn't offer a warranty though!

and Harshan...his Mk2 seized up once after him driving it when the heat had gone up...If i remember right he had to rebuild the engine.

so i would bite the bullet and opt for a car carrier than suffer further damages...

forgot to mention about no.3 :)

radiator house does copper tanks from scratch and that should definitely be a lot cheaper that sourcing one from the agents!

last time i checked...they didn't offer a warranty though!

and Harshan...his Mk2 seized up once after him driving it when the heat had gone up...If i remember right he had to rebuild the engine.

so i would bite the bullet and opt for a car carrier than suffer further damages...

Almost forgot that yeah, career would be better. Seems he's still in the learning curve, which we went through with old crappy vehicles.

hate to say this...but this is why i said never to try and patch up busted plastic tank with epoxies and the likes...it just doesn't work!

have you tried pioneer motors panchikawatta for a radiator top tank?

they did have those for a nissan cedric sometime back...mind you that too isn't a very common model! worth a shot!

If not you'd have to try the used parts places in delkanda side...

as i told you in the previous thread, VVTI and i did saw a mark2 engine and japan lanka for sale!

If you go through the previous thread all of us suggested not to do patchwork/glue stuff on radiator. But some lessons need to be learned in hard way. If you are in colombo area check these places suggested. If you are in Kandy .. go to the place I mentioned earlier. I just verified with my father.. His top tank was replaced by copper tank and fully welded. After the repair had couple of long distance travel. No issues came.