• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Catalytic Converter

Hiran de silva

2 months back I did a Air intake clean using wurth at AU*O M*RAG* . And also put the injector cleaner ( Wurth) in to a full tank.

During engine run during the cleaning phase I remember getting the unmistakable Hydrogen Sulfide smell ( bad egg smel). from exhaust.

is this a sign of CAT failure ????

Then the bigger problem. 2 days after this event I had to go abroad for training. I asked my wife to idle run the engine twice a week for 10 minuites( my wife does not drive) to keep the battery charged.

then came the shock. the emmission test was due last week and my fater took the vehicle to LA**FS test centre and the test was failed for the 1st time due to high HC emmision.

What could be the problem. ??? Could it be the Petrol with the injector cleaner chemical stagnated in the tank for 2 months. Could the Plugs get fouled by Idle running ?. my father tells me that no engine light is ÓN".

your expert opinion is appreciated.

2 months back I did a Air intake clean using wurth at AU*O M*RAG* . And also put the injector cleaner ( Wurth) in to a full tank.

During engine run during the cleaning phase I remember getting the unmistakable Hydrogen Sulfide smell ( bad egg smel). from exhaust.

Then the bigger problem. 2 days after this event I had to go abroad for training. I asked my wife to idle run the engine twice a week for 10 minuites( my wife does not drive) to keep the battery charged.

then came the shock. the emmission test was due last week and my fater took the vehicle to LA**FS test centre and the test was failed for the 1st time due to high HC emmision.

What could be the problem. ??? Could it be the Petrol with the injector cleaner chemical stagnated in the tank for 2 months. Could the Plugs get fouled by Idle running ?. my father tells me that no engine light is ÓN".

your expert opinion is appreciated.

foul results could be due to the chemical burning with fuel. Therefore better to ask someone to run the vehicle till that chemical mixed tank full finishes and then to run with a fresh tank of petrol and go for another test before panic and proceed further with diagnosis.

Hi Hiran,

Just go through the following thread initiated by me for ur information.

Check whether it has any clue for ur problem.

http://forum.autolanka.com/index.php?s...mp;#entry128252