• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car For 2.5m

IsuruN

Hey guys, I'm looking forward to buy a diesel car. My budget is around 2.5M. Can you guys tell me what modles are there avalable in the market for my budget ?

Thanx

1. Vios => 2003

2. Mazda 3 => 2001-2003

3. Toyota 121 => 2000/1

4. Toyota IST 2004/5

5. Toyota Vitz 2005-2007

6. Toyota Passo

No idea of availability of "Diesel" models.

you can buy a YOM 2000 Mitsubishi Galant diesel for around 1.8mn. among diesel cars thats the only choice u have i guess. there are few diesel 121's but it has to be more than 2.5 mn

Why not the Corolla 110 and Bluebird U14? both may have more spares available than the Galant as well, isn't it?

Why not the Corolla 110 and Bluebird U14? both may have more spares available than the Galant as well, isn't it?

Corolla 110 is a good car & may be maximum of 1.8 M.

My advice is if u can go for 2.5 M, without bother about the "Diesel"

go for a new car with new improved Technology despite whether it's Patrol or Diesel.

Isn't it ??? :rolleyes:

Corolla 110 is a good car & may be maximum of 1.8 M.

My advice is if u can go for 2.5 M, without bother about the "Diesel"

go for a new car with new improved Technology despite whether it's Patrol or Diesel.

Isn't it ??? :rolleyes:

Maybe OP plans to do a lot of running around :)

I think market devaluation %age for a 10year old diesel is much higher than a similar age petrol, because that's the age at which people expect a diesel to give trouble.

but if it's been taken care of well (regular maintenance and all) it shouldn't really be an issue

Some price points for diesels (sorry, only have experience with Euro cars) I have come across:

A mechanic told me of a diesel 406 GL HDi Turbo Manual (imported from UK, 1st owner, 2003 registration) with low mileage. The guy wasn't quoting an asking price but the mechanic said he had been looking to sell for ~2.0 before the duty reduction. I thought that was on the low side (given that the petrol models were going for ~1.5) so I don't know if you can take it as a good price indicator.

There was a Passat Diesel Auto with low mileage (2nd owner) in very nice condition. ~60k mileage. Was asking for 3.2 though. after duty reduction announcement.

And then there was a Volvo S40 Manual Diesel asking for 2.4 just before duty reduction. but the body work and interior was totally crap despite being advertised as "mint" :S

go for carina 212... comfy, more leg room than 110. try to find a 1.8l Si My Road. have heard it does better on fuel than 1.5l

but i would recommend u to buy corolla 110 if your main spec is to save your money on pumping fuel..

if your budget is 2.5 mn why dont u go for a corolla 121???? that could be a good choice

I think the thread starter is looking for a diesel car :) . 121 at 2.5 mil wil not be easy to find...

I say go for 212 Carina. One of my friends has it; it's v.spacious and comfy. It does ok on fuel too.