• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Corolla 110 And 111 What Is The Best

DMendis

I am looking for a car in the range of Rs. 1.3 - 1.4 M

Corolla 110 (1996/1997, 300-301) petrol and while looking for some cars found that a model 111 with 1.3 engine is bit low in price, any suggestions of this 111 with 1.3 engine? how is the fuel consumption of these 2 cars?

Also i see that Corolla 110 is ranging from Rs 1.3M to 1.8M depending on the YOM and the condition, meanwhile March Beatle AK 12 (YOM 2002/2003) is Rs. 1.5M to 1.6M but comparitivly newer than 110 (most of them are with K series numbers)

Also how about the Toyota Carina Ti and Nissan Blue Bird su 14 (sss, eprise and legrande)?

Can you help me to choose between these? My requirement is the best fuel efficient family car

I am looking for a car in the range of Rs. 1.3 - 1.4 M

Corolla 110 (1996/1997, 300-301) petrol and while looking for some cars found that a model 111 with 1.3 engine is bit low in price, any suggestions of this 111 with 1.3 engine? how is the fuel consumption of these 2 cars?

Also i see that Corolla 110 is ranging from Rs 1.3M to 1.8M depending on the YOM and the condition, meanwhile March Beatle AK 12 (YOM 2002/2003) is Rs. 1.5M to 1.6M but comparitivly newer than 110 (most of them are with K series numbers)

Also how about the Toyota Carina Ti and Nissan Blue Bird su 14 (sss, eprise and legrande)?

Can you help me to choose between these? My requirement is the best fuel efficient family car

Corolla with 1.3L engine is not what you should be looking for if you are looking for a family car, not a very good choice IMO. The AE110's have always been reliable and fuel efficient (11-12kmpl within the city)but it is a old car now, but there are good corollas out there so if you can get hold of a good car, go for it.

I don't have any experience with carinas but I think its beyond your budget and Blue birds are not quite fuel efficient. :rolleyes:

and if you are considering hatchbacks, starlet EP91 would be a good choice :)

Cheers!

QUOTE (Killer-B @ Aug 24 2010, 03:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Corolla with 1.3L engine is not what you should be looking for if you are looking for a family car, not a very good choice IMO. The AE110's have always been reliable and fuel efficient (11-12kmpl within the city)but it is a old car now, but there are good corollas out there so if you can get hold of a good car, go for it.

I don't have any experience with carinas but I think its beyond your budget and Blue birds are not quite fuel efficient. :rolleyes:

and if you are considering hatchbacks, starlet EP91 would be a good choice :)

Cheers!

What about Honda EK3?

bt same engine in both cars............

You are wrong here matey... 110 has got 1.5l & 111 has got only 1.3l.

Note that the EE111 is made for export market & the 110 is the JDM version which has got more pulling power & options too. But there is a slight difference on the fuel efficiency which is EE111 is more efficient.

Carina TI also a good car to drive but definitely will be beyond your budjet. Why don't you try a Mazda?

Note that the EE111 is made for export market & the 110 is the JDM version which has got more pulling power & options too. But there is a slight difference on the fuel efficiency which is EE111 is more efficient.

Carina TI also a good car to drive but definitely will be beyond your budjet. Why don't you try a Mazda?

You mean mazda 323? How much will it cost and any idea of fuel consumtion of mazda?

no mate

i had 1.5 111 & 1.3 111 one imported from jp and other frm Singapore

first letter in toyota vechicles denote the engine type

A comes in chassis no to indicate 1.5 engine E indicate 1.3

This is how I see this:

Even though Sri Lanka has a crazy demand following is my opinion:

Mazda 323 or Familia: You can get a relatively a new car, probably J numbers for around 1.3. It's a very reliable car

Honda EK3: Its a very reliable car and in my opinion less maintenance than ES series. You can get a 1998 G series for 1.3

Corolla 110: Its not sporty looking but is very reliable. G registration 1998 for 1.3 is an option. Very low in maintenance

If you are married with kids, a Wagon is also an option.

Nissan, I don't quite recommend

Wrong!!!!!!!!!!! My Corolla is an EE 111 which has a 1.6 Engine being a SE Saloon full option 2000 model.. its not the 111 that signifies if its a 1.3L which is the common perception in sl

Wrong!!!!!!!!!!! My Corolla is an EE 111 which has a 1.6 Engine being a SE Saloon full option 2000 model.. its not the 111 that signifies if its a 1.3L which is the common perception in sl

yap dats true

111 comes in 1.3 ,1.5 ,1.6 engines in 1.6 it has 6 speed gear box also..with all 4 disc brake.

engine type can b detected by First letter of Chassis no....

yap dats true

111 comes in 1.3 ,1.5 ,1.6 engines in 1.6 it has 6 speed gear box also..with all 4 disc brake.

engine type can b detected by First letter of Chassis no....

Chassis number consists of

WMI - World Manufacturer Identifier (length: 3 characters) unique car company identifier

VDS - Vehicle Descriptor Section (length: 6 characters) model description, sequence is defined by the car maker

VIS - Vehicle Identifier Section (length: 8 characters) unique car identifier

So the first 3 characters will signify that it is a Toyota. On Toyotas perhaps from the VDS it may be possible to tell the engine.

Actually for Peugeot/Citreon if you register on their service sites and enter the chassis number, you can get all the details on the car (e.g. frequency classification on radio, color of door handles, and even replacement part numbers). I don't know if other manufacturers offer such a facility to the public...

• 1 month later...

Thanks All, Finally got hold with Sprinter AE 110 , 1996 (302-XXX) Full Option Auto. Done 185,000Km. Car is in good condition but there are some items in the dash board i want to replace such as the Cubby Door, a Tray where original Cassate player comes (It has a good CD player fixed lower part of the dashboard).

Where can i find these?

Also today when i went for the service, the guy at the service told me that there is a small leak in the rear break washers and need to replace. I realise that some times the break pedal stays up and breaking is OK but some times it goes down and i have to peddle it twice. is it related to this oil leak?

Exactly. Toyotas are mostly soft shitbuckets with no steering feel. :rolleyes:

No offense to any Toyota drivers except Nilantha.

Beg to differ Peri. Drive mine and see :) . Its very heavy and very precise, my colleague who drove it back from Kandy on Sunday said it handled brilliantly on the twisty road from Galigamuwa to Avissawella.

Beg to differ Peri. Drive mine and see :) . Its very heavy and very precise, my colleague who drove it back from Kandy on Sunday said it handled brilliantly on the twisty road from Galigamuwa to Avissawella.

heh heh...i kinda agree with you there... Once we were on route to haputhale and VVTI was streaking ahead in his bimmer!

Though he had it quite easy the sprinter did managed to hold up without getting raped badly...

the bimmer held onto the road far far superbly...mine was making wheel screeches but it was damn good fun :) never felt outta control!

Did only about 7-8kmpl though :D

@vvti...be nice :P

heh heh...i kinda agree with you there... Once we were on route to haputhale and VVTI was streaking ahead in his bimmer!

Though he had it quite easy the sprinter did managed to hold up without getting raped badly...

the bimmer held onto the road far far superbly...mine was making wheel screeches but it was damn good fun :) never felt outta control!

Did only about 7-8kmpl though :D

@vvti...be nice :P

Well my friend was someone who is used to european cars and to get a comment like that was good. Yes the underpoweredness is there when you try to push it specially with a crowd in it, he said that if there was no traffic it was just great to drive, all in all achieved more than 10kmpl with a load of baggage and people. Hope my gearbox is still in good condition after the abusing it got when he left us in the dust, kinda reminded me of Initial D.

Which is why I said no offense to anyone but Nilantha :P

aiyo i of course rarely get offended when folks bash toyotas. tend to happen a lot in the circle of friends i keep or have got rather stuck with :)

just pointing out that they are not as bad as some people think they are :)

hell...now i can' complain about "handling" aspect cos the truck handles like a barge :P

• 2 months later...

The Toyota Corolla Identical Edit AE110 111 Series 19972000 Toyota, The Corolla E 110 was the 8th generation of cars sold by Toyota under the Corolla nameplate, Introduced in May 1995. The 8th generation shared its platform and doors, on some models with its predecessor.

I see you are learning how to use the internets. Good job.