• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Just A Warning About A Hyundai Tuscani I Looked At Today

jdnet

Hey guys,

So if any one read the hitads today and saw a hyundai tuscani for 1.275 million you probably should not even bother looking at it. The paint in the car was in horrible shape with boils all over. The owner of the place said that it was from a bad paint job, but after working on rusted cars for a few years I'm not stupid enough to believe that it was the effect of the paint failing. The car seemed to have been in a major accident and most probably rolled over by some ricer kid who thinks a automatic hyundai nice race car. The metal had cracks in certain places such as the rear windshield which leads me to believe that after the crash someone tried to rebuild it by hammering it back into shape and stressed the metal a bit too much. There less noticable hairline cracks where the door closes into the body. I didn't get to see how bad the engine and transmission ran as I felt like puking at that point. Anyway Just a warning to you guys. Although the it might seem like a good buy for only 12 lakhs you would be better off spending a few hundred thousand more and getting a car in better conition than that.

When buying a car for your own good, please look at the under body, the engine compartment, trunk and the crush points for signs of damage. Not does a damaged car affect the resale value, it also could lead to safety issues that may even injure or kill you during an accident. As someone who barely escaped dying in an accident, safety is one of my main concerns.

errrr... you changed your mind about european cars, or you're now looking for the 3rd car? :rolleyes:

Lol no I'm still loking for the second car. Trying to decide whether to get an Axela or an older bmw in that price range. just checked out the hyundai because i though it was an interesting car with a good price tag.

it was an interesting car with a good price tag.

Well you know what they say, if it's too good to be true, it usually is. Unfortunately, some other buyer may not be as aware as you and probably purchase it outright just for the looks and cost. Did you by any chance mention your other findings to the owner? Curious to know what he said.

Did you by any chance mention your other findings to the owner? Curious to know what he said.

I once tried explaining to a seller that it's not reasonable to call a car "mint condition" when the leather seats and plastics are all worn, the roof fabric is hanging loose, and most of the body panels are scratched/dented but he got very abusive and rude. If someone is knowingly selling a lemon, then they don't want to hear about it!

Well you know what they say, if it's too good to be true, it usually is. Unfortunately, some other buyer may not be as aware as you and probably purchase it outright just for the looks and cost. Did you by any chance mention your other findings to the owner? Curious to know what he said.

It wasn't worth my time to tell him whats wrong with the car when he very well knows it.

was the paperwork in order?

didn't check although he did say that he had done a valuation for the car at 1.5 million. I found that really strange that someone would even give a valuation for a car thats an obvious safety hazard.

Not to add fuel to the fire or anything .. but .. I looked at the very same Hyundai about 4 months back when I was in hunt for my first car.

I was actually after a Ford which was at the same joint which I thought was a new addition, but found out they changed the reg # in the ad just to lure in new customers.

The Ford has been there (in April) for about 3 months.

Now by the looks of it (I saw the ad in the HitAd this week), the Coupe for 3 1/2 months.

No wonder they don't get sold. :P

don't go for accident cars....I have a terrible experience with an accident car....You cant fix them to the original condition....believe me....you will loose some money....

well that really depends on how bad the accident was... and weather it makes sense financially to rescue the car.

CRC once had fixed up a Merc that was written off by the agents after a crash. If you ever go to the CRC they have the whole resto process, before and after pics etc documented. From what i heard from the big dog there the car was later inspected by the agents and given a green light for being on manufacturer specs. No idea of the costs involved though.

well that really depends on how bad the accident was... and weather it makes sense financially to rescue the car.

CRC once had fixed up a Merc that was written off by the agents after a crash. If you ever go to the CRC they have the whole resto process, before and after pics etc documented. From what i heard from the big dog there the car was later inspected by the agents and given a green light for being on manufacturer specs. No idea of the costs involved though.

currently CRC is restoring another civic FD 1 written off by the agents..worth having a look if anyone happens to visit them

CRC as in....?