• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Deeply Scratched Shutter Glass

MiraOwner

Question

Hi All,

there are some deep scratches on the driver side shutter glass (due to a messed up beading) previous owner has locked the key in and "broken in" to the car by removing the shutter beading and unlocking by some means.

i replaced the beading with brand new ones so now they don't scratch the glass anymore but i need to get rid of the one's that are there... where and how can i get it sorted ? pls help... and is there a way that i can do it my self.

Edited by MiraOwner

10 answers to this question

Hi All,

there are some deep scratches on the driver side shutter glass (due to a messed up beading) previous owner has locked the key in and "broken in" to the car by removing the shutter beading and unlocking by some means.

i replaced the beading with brand new ones so now they don't scratch the glass anymore but i need to get rid of the one's that are there... where and how can i get it sorted ? pls help... and is there a way that i can do it my self.

i doubt you can DIY this since the scratches are deep...

there are place that can polish out and even fill in but at a cost...you might wanna try kleenpa*k and even Mr.Sylvi's place :)

also there's the option of sourcing a new glass either from the agents or from junkers

i doubt you can DIY this since the scratches are deep...

there are place that can polish out and even fill in but at a cost...you might wanna try kleenpa*k and even Mr.Sylvi's place :)

also there's the option of sourcing a new glass either from the agents or from junkers

Break the glass .. claim from Insurance. :ninja:

Yup.. and this is a DIY thing... :lol:

its not DIY, thats a criminal offence. but i would still do it though if i had full insurance :( previous owner has insured for 3rd party only besides its a two door Daihatsu Mira 2001. i think finding a replacement shutter would be a real challenge.

its not DIY, thats a criminal offence. but i would still do it though if i had full insurance :( previous owner has insured for 3rd party only besides its a two door Daihatsu Mira 2001. i think finding a replacement shutter would be a real challenge.

machang....out of jokes.... why don't you take a shot at Mr. Sylvi's place. Since it's tough for you to source a new glass you might as well give it a shot :)

Edited by Ripper

Where's Mr.Sylvy's plc?

qasid,

If you have deep scratches go in for a new glass or used one from used parts dealer.

Cost of polishing is more than used or new glass as this job can take more than 8 hours.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.