• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Replaced Rear Shock Absorbers,still Knocks :(

DarkangeL

Hey Guys...

I replaced my rear shocks recently..( Chevrolet cruze )cz when i drive over a hump or a pot hole..it started to knock and gave a big Thud..problem is after i replaced the shocks Nothing has changed :(... and it comes from the right side only..any advise guys??

Bro..

I used my old springs.. :unsure:

not taking about the springs, i'm talking about the isolators (not sure what they call em here but it's the rubber or polyurethane pad that goes on both ends of the spring) were they in good condition when you reinstalled or did you put in new ones?

Hey Guys...

I replaced my rear shocks recently..( Chevrolet cruze )cz when i drive over a hump or a pot hole..it started to knock and gave a big Thud..problem is after i replaced the shocks Nothing has changed :(... and it comes from the right side only..any advise guys??

Are u really sure the strange sound because of Shocks?

Take the help of experience mechanical guy. Go for a test drive.

(Once I have experience a sound from back of the car because of a large silencer Barrel was used when replaced the old original silencer barrel. It hits the other parts)

not taking about the springs, i'm talking about the isolators (not sure what they call em here but it's the rubber or polyurethane pad that goes on both ends of the spring) were they in good condition when you reinstalled or did you put in new ones?

Noop I just put new shock absorbers only....i'm taking it to a garage and c...thnx fr ur help man..

Are u really sure the strange sound because of Shocks?

Take the help of experience mechanical guy. Go for a test drive.

(Once I have experience a sound from back of the car because of a large silencer Barrel was used when replaced the old original silencer barrel. It hits the other parts)

yeah Bro Im sure...I didnt replace or repair any part..other than this shocks ...anyway I'll take it to d Garage n c..thnx bro..