• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Help ! Suzuki Japanese Wagon R Speedometer

ANUSH

Question

hi friends,

Last week I bought a Suzuki Wagon R(Japanese) mfd 2002(advertised on AL).

It has a issue with the speedometer.When I'm driving at 60kmph it shows only 40kmph.(shows less speed than the actual at all speeds).but the trip meter,RPM and the odometer works perfectly.

Can anyone please tell me what has gone wrong and any solutions which I can try out myself.

I think the sensor at the gear box works fine since the odometer and trip meter are in order.

Many Thanks.

8 answers to this question

hi friends,

It has a issue with the speedometer.When I'm driving at 60kmph it shows only 40kmph.(shows less speed than the actual at all speeds).but the trip meter,RPM and the odometer works perfectly.

Can anyone please tell me what has gone wrong and any solutions which I can try out myself.

I think the sensor at the gear box works fine since the odometer and trip meter are in order.

Many Thanks.

check whether the wheels have been changed.incresing/decreasing the rim size from the original size will impact the speedometer.heck even the tyre profile size does have an impact.

If thats the case there are places that will re-calibrate the speedometer for you.

hi friends,

Many Thanks.

Just a wild guess, may be the speedometer shows Mph instead of Kmph.

hi friends,

It has a issue with the speedometer.When I'm driving at 60kmph it shows only 40kmph.(shows less speed than the actual at all speeds).but the trip meter,RPM and the odometer

Many Thanks.

Where did you get the secondary speed reading? Could that be wrong?

Thanks for the quick responds..

The wheels and the balloon size of the tires are matching with the Certificate of Registration.

So..Masterdon you have any other guess?

I'm reffering to the profile size of the tyre(height of the tyres side wall).

If not I'm out of ideas.See if you can get it re-calibrated.I heard Adv#nce Car Audio does this,but approach them with caution because they have been getting a lot of bad reviews from the AL members lately.

Hi Dude

Most Probably your tire size or profile is out as don said,before you calibarate it check what is the factory specified Tyre size and profile for your car, is it matching with existing Tyres ? if so adjust it once and see how it reads , if it is not change speedo to match existing tyre and profile

thanks

Regards

sumith

If OP's measurements are accurate (showing 40 when driving 60) then it is almost impossible to be due to the wrong tyre size.

To show speed of 2/3rds of actual, tyre circumference (and hence radius) would have to be 50% larger than what the vehicle was designed for... even a hummer wouldn't accommodate that kind of size variation :)