• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Brand New Ford Mustang Cobra On Our Roads

racerx

If its the younger son and he is not in politics why would he have to be restricted to the politicians permit? He should be able to get any car he wants. Im surprised the family wouldnt keep a low profile after that aston maritin rumors awhile ago. It went in all the papers. Wasnt he shamed by that?

If its the younger son and he is not in politics why would he have to be restricted to the politicians permit? He should be able to get any car he wants. Im surprised the family wouldnt keep a low profile after that aston maritin rumors awhile ago. It went in all the papers. Wasnt he shamed by that?

Ha ha you gotta be kidding me :rolleyes: You mean our king will feel shamed just for a car? :huh: Waaaaaaaiiiiiiit.... did I hear some thing? Hope fully it's not the white van :lol:

Ha ha you gotta be kidding me :rolleyes: You mean our king will feel shamed just for a car? :huh: Waaaaaaaiiiiiiit.... did I hear some thing? Hope fully it's not the white van :lol:

'Shame' is a word that most people in this field have long forgotten.

And 'low profile'? why? Cos people will see this and not vote for them next time around? Thats all fixed by the temple trees buffet you too well all be invited to in approximately 5.5 year.

I thought it was made pretty clear that the Aston was brought down by another enthusiast and not one of the Rajapakses.

It is made perfectly clear in this thread but it's very hard to correct such misinformation from sticking in people's minds. Also, don't discount the fact that the first family is very wealthy (and always have been), and there is no proof that this car was really brought on "tax payer money." It could very well have been a gift from some guy with too much money needing to find favour. In any case, I would rather tax payer money was spent on this car if at all, than the usual Mercs and BMWs.

Really think someone needs to reignite the Ford dealership in Sri Lanka. So many nice cars & trucks that could potentially be brought into the county at reasonable prices

According to my contact @ Frontier (LandRover people), they're getting the Ford dealership. And that's why the workshop (Kirula Road) was renovated recently. Probably Ford wanted few upgrades done before committing to the deal, but the guy I spoke to wasn't aware of that level of detail.

According to my contact @ Frontier (LandRover people), they're getting the Ford dealership. And that's why the workshop (Kirula Road) was renovated recently. Probably Ford wanted few upgrades done before committing to the deal, but the guy I spoke to wasn't aware of that level of detail.

that's great news :) Good to have them agents back for my truck! :)

on topic... From what i hear...the mustang has come down to SL for a RHD conversion.

that's great news :) Good to have them agents back for my truck! :)

on topic... From what i hear...the mustang has come down to SL for a RHD conversion.

yap thats correct.one of my class mates is a very close relation of rajapaksha family.so what he said to me is it came to Mr. Suresh(who own hummer conversion company) for a RHD conversion.he is a good friend of the rajapaksha family so he has given the car to rohitha for few days.

yap thats correct.one of my class mates is a very close relation of rajapaksha family.so what he said to me is it came to Mr. Suresh(who own hummer conversion company) for a RHD conversion.he is a good friend of the rajapaksha family so he has given the car to rohitha for few days.

That make lot of sense. Heard a similar story regarding the black Escalade.

Prince is just like the King. A top notch PR man. I'd be very surprised to see him in a stunt like this.

The ford dealership was going to frontier originally.... its no longer in the pipeline and frontier has pulled out.... the renovated building will be used for other purposes...

It this hot hot news? Cos the workshop was renovated very recently (finished 2 weeks ago)

An M3 will have this for breakfast... :P

Definitely. But this is a different thrill. Cheap, affordable and sheer power. Made for the dead straight American highways, not the winding roads of Europe or the Autobahns. The only place you can to truly enjoy the handling of the a German made car in the US is on a curved highway exit. It makes you think who put that exit speed at 20mph when you can take it at 60mph. Tells a lot about the average American car.

But also makes you think all that handling precision is just overkill for the roads here.

Definitely. But this is a different thrill. Cheap, affordable and sheer power. Made for the dead straight American highways, not the winding roads of Europe or the Autobahns. The only place you can to truly enjoy the handling of the a German made car in the US is on a curved highway exit. It makes you think who put that exit speed at 20mph when you can take it at 60mph. Tells a lot about the average American car.

But also makes you think all that handling precision is just overkill for the roads here.

Lol I tried taking my grand cherokee through the exit at the same speed I used to go with my trep. I think I pi***d in my pants just a little bit.