• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Increasing ???

jami

May I respectfully suggest that you refrain from participating, or perhaps go and found a forum of your own where you can display all the "tolerance and leadership qualities" you want to your heart's content? Won't be the first time it has happened...

Thank you for your suggestion. Have taken a note on your comments. We need more views of members like you before we take the decision. And Mr. Pericles and the other senior moderators, who run the forum. And majority view of this forum too.

For the future you may have to screen the members, before they come here to join the community. A suggestion would be, though it may sound silly, to screen their views in a junior section under strict scrutiny, before allowing them to post in exclusive lounge. That will give the select members peace of mind too coz they will not have the displeasure of listening to people of out of their caliber. And they can behave the way they know to among themselves. They can post only in executive lounge.

A south African model (Pre-Mandela era of course) :D

Sounds bit silly, but that is what probably I feel happening!

Thank you anyway :rolleyes:

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very good morning to you Mr. Pericles!

Not to fight with you or to have a flame war with you. On a very friendly and polite note, may I request you to not to be harsh to people here and not take things personally? And avoid expressing your personal perception on people coming here? As people in a community discuss and communicate, you may come across people with various views. Whole idea of discussion is to share knowledge and concepts to achieve a common goal. Otherwise the discussion will not bring any outcome. Some may have very different yet practical or impractical ideas. But if the objective of this community to only have people who share certain behaviors, which had been preset by you all, still you may ask them to leave politely. They will!

But as a moderator and a leader of this community, you should have a tolerance and leadership qualities to reflect the quality of this great community. What you reflect here along with other senior or junior members will be a reflection of the whole community.

Just a very friendly suggestion. It will do a world of good for your image here and the image of AL.

If you dont agree just ignore this post. I do not have any personal ill-feeling towards you, as I have an entirely different mind set.

For one thing, who asked you?

But since you wanted to air your opinion, here's mine -

The man criticized me personally, and I'm not supposed to take it personally? Am I to count you among the ranks of the brain dead presence here?

And no, I shouldn't tolerate. If I just sat back and tolerated all the tomfoolery, this place would be an anarchy.

Heres an idea for you. Follow your own advice. Sit back and tolerate and don't try to tell other people what they should do! You preach it, you do it and show first!

In short, sit down and shut up. If you want to take part in a thread, do so. But telling people how to behave here is my job, not yours, so don't try to do that.

Agree with Kaushma. I'm newbie and I personally don't know about anyone of you. But by reading this thread, I have to say, I don't have positive image about Pericles. We don't meet only likable people or people, whose viewpoint is acceptable to us all the time. We have to be bit tolerant with all these people. Everyone has different shortcomings and weaknesses and may make few mistakes here and there. If we don't tolerate others faults, they will not tolerate ours too.

You are a moderator with huge power in AL and contributed lot to this forum to be like what is now. But that does not earn you the right to think that others opinions are not worthy.

I am amused. So we meet meet all sorts of people with all sorts of view points and we should be tolerant of them. But you feel you should not follow your own view and post about me?

And actually, I don't think the opinions of others are not worthy just coz I am a moderator. I think the opinions of others are not worthy coz their opinions are not worthy!

BTW, that includes your opinion on me too :lol: You don't think positively of me, why would I care? You are nothing but a faceless name on a forum to me. You don't know me, I don't know you. What made you think I will care what you think? Did you think I was gonna drop everything I was doing and try and remake myself so I am more agreeable to you? :lol: It doesn't matter if I'm a moderator, or first time poster. I'm me. I'm not changing.

One of those things I figured out long ago, at the end of the day, the only opinion that should matter to me is my own. I might change my opinion based on feed back from people I deem acceptable, not some rabble off the street. And then that is my opinion until I see fit to change it.

Geez man, why do you see the need to stick your ass into every convo out there :action-smiley-060:

You just like mouthing off, or just a desperate wannabe trying to get AL attention?

Well this is a forum and I can take part in any conversation I wish until such time an administrator sees fit that he should ban me.

Thank you for your suggestion. Have taken a note on your comments. We need more views of members like you before we take the decision. And Mr. Pericles and the other senior moderators, who run the forum. And majority view of this forum too.

For the future you may have to screen the members, before they come here to join the community. A suggestion would be, though it may sound silly, to screen their views in a junior section under strict scrutiny, before allowing them to post in exclusive lounge. That will give the select members peace of mind too coz they will not have the displeasure of listening to people of out of their caliber. And they can behave the way they know to among themselves. They can post only in executive lounge.

As I pointed out in that post, It was a suggestion to deal with your insecurity issues. This isnt the parliament for us to take a majority vote, its your own choice how you deal with it.

FYI, all of us so-called "seniors" were new here at one time or the other and we've all made stupid statements and been told off by mods and members more senior than us for them. The difference is that we took the telling off in good humor, learned from it and managed to adapt our views through discussion. None of us went around whining about everything from the moderation to the administration to the senior member's conduct in thread after thread because our opinions were not accepted.

Don't try to play the injured hero here man, It doesnt actually get you anywhere.

Really? "We" need? "We" take a decision? Oook

Hate to tell you sport, but you'll need to make your own decisions.

It is silly. But thats how most of your posts sound, so nothing new there...

Well this is a forum and I can take part in any conversation I wish until such time an administrator sees fit that he should ban me.

LMMFAO! Thats's a bit rich. arn't you the guy who asked uncle to ban himself in a previous thread??? :angry-smiley-048:

Edited by jehan80

Heres an idea for you. Follow your own advice. Sit back and tolerate and don't try to tell other people what they should do! You preach it, you do it and show first!

In short, sit down and shut up. If you want to take part in a thread, do so. But telling people how to behave here is my job, not yours, so don't try to do that.

:rolleyes::)

A member called Az clearly analised this inhumane behaviour in that lengthy retard lanka topic.I feel sorry for Jdnet it seems like a jester ,anyway I like your articles. :D

Hey, listen, no one wants to know about any connection between you, Az and anal anything. This is an automotive forum, not some place you talk about how you get your rocks off. I mean, do whatever floats your boat, but don't share please!

LMMFAO! Thats's a bit rich. arn't you the guy who asked uncle to ban himself in a previous thread??? :angry-smiley-048:

jdnet was in this conversation before, so he wasn't really "jumping in" in the middle. Don't see your concern to chastise him anyway, specially after I removed those posts. Like I said, telling how to behave is the mods job. Leave it to the mods.

jdnet was in this conversation before, so he wasn't really "jumping in" in the middle. Don't see your concern to chastise him anyway, specially after I removed those posts. Like I said, telling how to behave is the mods job. Leave it to the mods.

Yep, those posts were removed. Just hate hypocrites is all.

Hey, listen, no one wants to know about any connection between you, Az and anal anything. This is an automotive forum, not some place you talk about how you get your rocks off. I mean, do whatever floats your boat, but don't share please!

This sick humor Pericles, he made spelling mistake while writing the word analyzing.

Get your attitude right Pericles, even though this is a forum in English, the members are not native speakers. They'll have different ability levels and when they make mistake in English, nobody should not make sick humor out of the same.

You may laughed of what I said as the opinion from faceless member or rabble from the streets. But know one thing Mr. Pericles, in my viewpoint you're someone with sick attitude.

For one thing, who asked you?

But since you wanted to air your opinion, here's mine -

The man criticized me personally, and I'm not supposed to take it personally? Am I to count you among the ranks of the brain dead presence here?

And no, I shouldn't tolerate. If I just sat back and tolerated all the tomfoolery, this place would be an anarchy.

I am amused. So we meet meet all sorts of people with all sorts of view points and we should be tolerant of them. But you feel you should not follow your own view and post about me?

And actually, I don't think the opinions of others are not worthy just coz I am a moderator. I think the opinions of others are not worthy coz their opinions are not worthy!

BTW, that includes your opinion on me too :lol: You don't think positively of me, why would I care? You are nothing but a faceless name on a forum to me. You don't know me, I don't know you. What made you think I will care what you think? Did you think I was gonna drop everything I was doing and try and remake myself so I am more agreeable to you? :lol: It doesn't matter if I'm a moderator, or first time poster. I'm me. I'm not changing.

One of those things I figured out long ago, at the end of the day, the only opinion that should matter to me is my own. I might change my opinion based on feed back from people I deem acceptable, not some rabble off the street. And then that is my opinion until I see fit to change it.

To change or not to change is up to you. If you change it'll be good for you more than any other.

This sick humor Pericles, he made spelling mistake while writing the word analyzing.

Get your attitude right Pericles, even though this is a forum in English, the members are not native speakers. They'll have different ability levels and when they make mistake in English, nobody should not make sick humor out of the same.

You may laughed of what I said as the opinion from faceless member or rabble from the streets. But know one thing Mr. Pericles, in my viewpoint you're someone with sick attitude.

Actually, it was analysed.

You may make a note that I have taken note of your viewpoint. And that I don't give a toss.

Edited by Pericles

• 3 weeks later...

been away for a month. but it looks like how things happen in AL never change, it's always very exciting!!! don't have time to read this whole thread but can someone tell me what's going one here?

Ok, this is what happening in nutshell.

As toping says, it’s still keep on increasing ??? :)

So AE 110 (1997) cars sold at 16 laks two months back, now asking 18-19 laks.

There are people to buy for same price too.

Please comments on future trend by considering up coming budget. Any change can happen ?

with lending interest rates coming down lot more people can afford to finance cars.

the hitch is for people who can afford say 2.5mill or less....there isn't many options in either recon or brand new euro/jap market.

so for those who want a non-chinese, non-indian car...options are very limited.

Older popular jap cars in good shape fills this segment of the market and cars in good condition can demand a high price.

If you talk to people who have been on the hunt on this budget bracket for a used jap car...they'll tell you how tough it is to find a good car.

most these popular models in good condition gets sold within days of advertising if not hours even if the price is deemed high by many

classic supply vs demand scenario

There are so many people who hunt for specific models and the corollas are strong favorites for a lot of people.

Ok, this is what happening in nutshell.

As toping says, it’s still keep on increasing ??? :)

So AE 110 (1997) cars sold at 16 laks two months back, now asking 18-19 laks.

There are people to buy for same price too.

Please comments on future trend by considering up coming budget. Any change can happen ?

i think prices are on the rise. the reason is simple demand and supply. since november 2004 there have been too few jap models coming in as result of very high taxes. so now the effect is compounded in the 2nd hand market, now that financing is relatively easy.

I sold my New Shell FB15, 2002 Ex for Rs.2.3Mn today...Few years back this was available for around Rs.1.8Mn unregistered...Funny thing is I bought this for Rs.2.35Mn in May 2010 just before the tax reduction...See now the market has come to the April / May 2010 prices regardless of the tax reduction...