• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

4Wd Stuck On 4 Low On My Pajero Io

jdnet

Hey guys,

So for the first time since I got this vehicle I decided to test out the 4wd. While I was shifting everything went fine until I tried shifting again. The shifter is now stuck on 4 low and I cannot get it to disengage with the tranny on neutral or on park. For some reason the 4wd indicator on the speedometer has only the two front wheel lite up even though its on 4wd. Kinda need help real badly here since I kinda shot myself in the foot with this problem.

yeah I looked at that thread but it didn't have a good solution on it.

Most of the times to disengage 4wd you need to put on the 1st gear, small jerk and then on reverse. That is after you push the level to 2wd on neutral. Always has to be on neutral! not on Park. Your case being auto I would try 1 and R. If the gear seems hard to push to 2wd, that means your not pressing the gear lever down enough.

Most of the times to disengage 4wd you need to put on the 1st gear, small jerk and then on reverse. That is after you push the level to 2wd on neutral. Always has to be on neutral! not on Park. Your case being auto I would try 1 and R. If the gear seems hard to push to 2wd, that means your not pressing the gear lever down enough.

Well after doing some reading on the super select transfer cases it seems like the problem lies in the linkage. I'll be pulling the console cover off and checking some other parts in the morning. Will keep you guys posted on what I come up with.

Thanks for the input guys. I managed to fix the problem today. Took out the shifter and the bushing was completely broken up. While I was trying to shift it seemed like I also managed to slightly deform the plate at the point where it should shift the 2wd. Had a garage replace the bushing and file down the plate since I don't have any tools with me right now. Every thing works fine now. If anyone needs to know, the original mitsubishi bushing was only available at pala electricals and cost Rs. 1000.

Edited by jdnet