• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Bimmer Or Benz??

XAVIOR

Merc or Bimmer?  

123 members have voted

1. 1. D you prefer the Mercedes Benz brand or the BMW brand

• Benz
    • BMW

I'm not arguing the superiority of BMW diesels but you DO know that '20d' or '30d' are not engines right? there's a number of 2ltr engines and a number of 3ltr engines :)

A small FYI: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_BMW_engines

Dear Watchman... when you argue with an idiot who has 'little' knowledge, its normally egg on your face... ;)

Hope this be a lesson to you... :)

Dear Watchman... when you argue with an idiot who has 'little' knowledge, its normally egg on your face... ;)

Hope this be a lesson to you... :)

Who you calling idiot? Idiot. Fight your own bl***y battles you d***b A**. I'm sure he can fend for himself pretty well. You think you're in a pack of bloody hyena's? L**ser.

Who you calling idiot? Idiot. Fight your own bl***y battles you d***b A**. I'm sure he can fend for himself pretty well. You think you're in a pack of bloody hyena's? L**ser.

Against my better judgment let me 'fend':

Did you even read the article you dumba$$? Let me give you an example in English purely using that link so that you can get someone to translate it into retard for you; cos i dont speak it. In 1937 BMW made the M328 engine which was a 2 liter so in badging terms its a 20i. And in 2011 they have another 20i the N20 engine. Are you telling me that these are both the same?

Frankly what you have done is look at an array (or 'chart' if makes it easier to understand) of vehicle/engine (probably current range) and rewritten it in point form.

YOU are the prime example of a Google-guru. And seriously, you wanna argue with VVTi on BMWs. Hell, I dont think even I know 1/20 about BMWs as he does. Yet I know that I don't know a lot of things. You on the other hand THINK you know everything when you know nothing. Hence you are a class A <<what was that again>>... oh yeah, IDIOT!

Edited by Watchman

Against my better judgment let me 'fend':

Did you even read the article you dumba$$? Let me give you an example in English purely using that link so that you can get someone to translate it into retard for you; cos i dont speak it. In 1937 BMW made the M328 engine which was a 2 liter so in badging terms its a 20i. And in 2011 they have another 20i the N20 engine. Are you telling me that these are both the same?

Frankly what you have done is look at an array (or 'chart' if makes it easier to understand) of vehicle/engine (probably current range) and rewritten it in point form.

YOU are the prime example of a Google-guru. And seriously, you wanna argue with VVTi on BMWs. Hell, I dont think even I know 1/20 about BMWs as he does. Yet I know that I don't know a lot of things. You on the other hand THINK you know everything when you know nothing. Hence you are a class A <<what was that again>>... oh yeah, IDIOT!

You think I needed you to send me a wiki link to tell me that 20d or 30d is not an engine? I'm pretty sure mere mortals understood exactly what I meant in my initial thread. You had to go and show off and copy a freaking 'wiki' link. who's the google-guru now you fart? Also tell me where I have stated that 37' 20i is the exact same as a 2011 20i? Also just for the record I did not argue about BMWs with your good friend VVTi. I merely told him to let you fight your own battles. Some of you big bl***y pro members like you and your's truly love to put your two sense into these trivial matters and insult people. I may not know about a 37 BMW engine but I know what I need to know about the BMWs of today'. Like you said maybe I don't posses 1/100th of your great friend VVTi's knowledge on BMWs. Idiot? Right back at ya my wise PRO-MEMEBER!!!!! All hail WATCHMAN!!!!

P.S : You aure it was your face that you were palming? ;-)

You think I needed you to send me a wiki link to tell me that 20d or 30d is not an engine? I'm pretty sure mere mortals understood exactly what I meant in my initial thread. You had to go and show off and copy a freaking 'wiki' link. who's the google-guru now you fart? Also tell me where I have stated that 37' 20i is the exact same as a 2011 20i? Also just for the record I did not argue about BMWs with your good friend VVTi. I merely told him to let you fight your own battles. Some of you big bl***y pro members like you and your's truly love to put your two sense into these trivial matters and insult people. I may not know about a 37 BMW engine but I know what I need to know about the BMWs of today'. Like you said maybe I don't posses 1/100th of your great friend VVTi's knowledge on BMWs. Idiot? Right back at ya my wise PRO-MEMEBER!!!!! All hail WATCHMAN!!!!

If you so strongly want to believe that the 20d and 30d are engines, you're free to. But just dont share it with other who know lesser, cos you'll be lying to them. And by your own consensus you agree that a 1937 engine is not the same as a 2011 engine. So there's no point calling it the same name, is there?

And the link was given with the intention of actually helping you learn too, but clearly you education is not your cup of tea.

As for the rest of your ranting at VVTi (who incidentally I have not even met) and me, all i can say is; You got issues man!... you clearly weren't loved as a child. But let it go, its the past.

If you so strongly want to believe that the 20d and 30d are engines, you're free to. But just dont share it with other who know lesser, cos you'll be lying to them. And by your own consensus you agree that a 1937 engine is not the same as a 2011 engine. So there's no point calling it the same name, is there?

And the link was given with the intention of actually helping you learn too, but clearly you education is not your cup of tea.

As for the rest of your ranting at VVTi (who incidentally I have not even met) and me, all i can say is; You got issues man!... you clearly weren't loved as a child. But let it go, its the past.

Seriously man. This is getting tiresome. I never said that the 20d is the code number for the 2.0.L engine nor have I done the same for the 3.0d. The list I posted clearly shows you that I do not think that the 20d is not an engine code. That was the whole reason for me posting it. I didn't want to show off that I knew everything.

I just made the guy who asked the initial question of which engines are better, understand the general rule of thumb in selecting a 2L or a 3L car. Which is, if it's a 520d or a 320d that it's gonna have 2.0L TD engine and likewise for the other units. What's the point in stating the code number of an engine for a guy looking for a new car? If the need arose I also know where to get the code numbers of the relevelnt engines.

There was nothing that required you educating me about those engines. You have stepped on your own tail and got worked up. Not my problem.

Keeping the above matters well aside and coming to your last insult , what baffles me is (this is purely going by the way you potray yourself in this forum) how a b*****d child like you can afford to talk about LOVE and CHILDHOOD. :) . Maybe from lessons learned and reconciliation? ;)

Seriously man. This is getting tiresome. I never said that the 20d is the code number for the 2.0.L engine nor have I done the same for the 3.0d. The list I posted clearly shows you that I do not think that the 20d is not an engine code. That was the whole reason for me posting it. I didn't want to show off that I knew everything.

I just made the guy who asked the initial question of which engines are better, understand the general rule of thumb in selecting a 2L or a 3L car. Which is, if it's a 520d or a 320d that it's gonna have 2.0L TD engine and likewise for the other units. What's the point in stating the code number of an engine for a guy looking for a new car? If the need arose I also know where to get the code numbers of the relevelnt engines.

There was nothing that required you educating me about those engines. You have stepped on your own tail and got worked up. Not my problem.

Keeping the above matters well aside and coming to your last insult , what baffles me is (this is purely going by the way you potray yourself in this forum) how a b*****d child like you can afford to talk about LOVE and CHILDHOOD. :) . Maybe from lessons learned and reconciliation? ;)

so much words, so little substance.

You answer your own question Just made my life that much easier. Watchman can fend for himself, he is a big boy. You on the pother hands seems like little girl who seems to have lost her Barbie doll.

Now shoo! Go study your BMW engines so you can impress your other girlfriends when they come to play with your Barbie Doll House. .... :)

Edited by VVTi

Ok lets for a moment presume all the technical stuff you types is not total crap, tell me this? Do you know that the e46 which is probably the most popular 3 series in SL (hence the relevance) comes with 2 VERY different "20d" engines? Do you know what that difference is? If you took your arrogant ass of your high horse and actually bothered to read and learn from the many threads on BMWs you would have made yourself a tad less ignorant. I expect your answer to this.

about my portrayal on the forum; I didnt realize i checked the "i'm a bastard" tick box when signing up for autolanka. thanks for pointing that out :rolleyes:

Watchman, when you wrestle with a pig, know that you will end up covered in mud and the pig will find it enjoyable.

Oh dear, now I have done it. I called him (the G Unit, he should have called himself the G Spot) an idiot and a pig!!!

:)

oooohh tag team huh? Hmmm... G Spot, I like the sound of that. Maybe you should spend more time trying to hit your Mrs's spot than think about mine. Fag**t. Hell, we got some proper psychos in these forums.

As for watchman Watchman. You really are a retard, my comrade. Vehicle code and engine code are 2 totally different things. Now you have moved away from engine code issue to something else. I'm pretty sure there are only 2 types of 320d in the country. So god bless anyone looking for a e46 320d go check out an e90. As for 520d and 530d only one model is avail here. The e60 and e39 respectively.

G-unit no one said you are an idiot, what watchmen is trying to say is that you weren't very specific when you mentioned the engines as 20d,23d etc the real code names are M47,N47,M51 etc. What you just said is like saying the 320D is a good car, which one ? the e36 320D ? the e46 320D ? the e90 320D ?

Like i said you were not specific and you just generalized every engine solely based on their displacement, which is quite wrong cause if you are the expert that you claim to be you would know that engines like M57N are probably some of the worst engines to ever come out of Germany where as the N54 which has the same displacement has won the best engine of the ear award 5 times.

Edited by The Stig

Watchman, when you wrestle with a pig, know that you will end up covered in mud and the pig will find it enjoyable.

Oh dear, now I have done it. I called him (the G Unit, he should have called himself the G Spot) an idiot and a pig!!!

:)

yeah, too late, i'm a lost case now.

But its truly amazing how ignorant and yet arrogant some fools are.

I'm pretty sure there are only 2 types of 320d in the country. So god bless anyone looking for a e46 320d go check out an e90.

Oh dear lord so what happened to the e36 320D ? did you burn them all ? :rolleyes:

As for 520d and 530d only one model is avail here. The e60 and e39 respectively.

What the hell are you saying ? you say only 1 model is available here and you name 2 models :action-smiley-060:

Anyways you are wrong again we have e34 and F10 models here :rolleyes:

Edited by The Stig

As for watchman Watchman. You really are a retard, my comrade. Vehicle code and engine code are 2 totally different things. Now you have moved away from engine code issue to something else. I'm pretty sure there are only 2 types of 320d in the country. So god bless anyone looking for a e46 320d go check out an e90. As for 520d and 530d only one model is avail here. The e60 and e39 respectively.

Looks like what you're "pretty sure of" is wrong. And you didnt answer my question boy: What are the 2 20d engines that come in the e46. And clearly you cant count to two. You say there's only one model and you mention two. :rolleyes: Not that the sentence makes any sense anyway.

You clearly dont know when to shut your pie-hole, do you.

Oh dear lord so what happened to the e36 320D ? did you burn them all ? :rolleyes:

What the hell are you saying ? you say only 1 model is available here and you name 2 models :action-smiley-060:

Anyways you are wrong again we have e34 and F10 models here :rolleyes:

Dear Mr.Stig. Show me one e36 320d s over here and prove me wrong. To begin with in those times they were badged as td a few 325td s are around but most def no 320d.

As for your second point only e60 520d s and e39 530d s were brought here to begin with. They never got down the e60 530d and only left hand drive e39 520d s were manufactured and only in manual for select markets. My friend to begin with there's no such car as a e34 520d or 530d. The f10 520d and 530d along with the 730d were offered for the mp permit but don't think any were imported. Pls get your facts straight.

As for the engines you said do not exist. Wrong again brother, they do.

oooohh tag team huh? Hmmm... G Spot, I like the sound of that. Maybe you should spend more time trying to hit your Mrs's spot than think about mine. Fag**t. Hell, we got some proper psychos in these forums.

Hmmm... you have a G Spot? Should have guessed.... you did sound like a woman at that time of the month. YOu should focus more on getting your boyfriend focused on your GSpot.

But please do tell us what these Only 2 types of 320ds in the country.

Looks like what you're "pretty sure of" is wrong. And you didnt answer my question boy: What are the 2 20d engines that come in the e46. And clearly you cant count to two. You say there's only one model and you mention two. :rolleyes: Not that the sentence makes any sense anyway.

You clearly dont know when to shut your pie-hole, do you.

The M47D20 on the pre facelift and N47D20 on the facelift. Any more questions sir.

When i meant 1 model of each it means only e60 520d and e39 530d is available here. If you know different pls enlighten me.

See this is what happens when idiot learn to type. They type with their butt and not their fingers.

The pre facelift E46 had the M47D20 and the post facelift got the M47TUD20. This was due to the issue arising from the swirl flaps issue and to improve on the emission standards.

The N47 was introduced only in 2007.

FYI, moron, the M47TUD20 was used in the E90 318d too.

Get your facts right.

Edited by VVTi

Machan the guy who has listed has listed it wrong. I'm telling you there maybe a 320td but definitely can't be a 320d

Moron, there are a few E36 320ds and a few 325TDSs in Sri Lanka.

When did they let you out of the zoo?

e46 and e90.

Talking about g spots. Do you have anything substantial to hit it with. Want some help vvti? Mine is dual vvti. We all know how much more superior that is. Now just shut the f up and stop wasting my time. D**k head. Maybe you should try using your head to hit the spot.

Goo Boy, for someone who can use it properly single VVTI is adequate. For a moron like you even Dual VVTi might not be adequate... :)

Poor Babi... now run along and play with your Tonka Toy. Broooom Broooom.