• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Egr Connections On 4G12 Engine

GAPAUTO

Question

Hi Guys,

I did bit of a research on the EGR values. My engine has a EGR value which seems to have 2 vacuum inputs and the thermal value is build to gather with the EGR it seems. Because i see a iron rod kind of a thing (seems like a thermostat) is fixed under the EGR value which connect the other end to coolant inlet.And also i think one vacuum input must be a ported vacuum, and the other must be a manifold vacuum. So i guess this has a double diaphragm EGR value.

I have this VCV, a green diaphragm kind of a thing which is fixed right hand side of the carb by a bracket which has 3 inputs. From the things i found out it's operation is when a vacuum applies on the single input side, the other two inputs will be switch to gather. Its seems there are used with the charcoal canister to handle vapor.

Well the problem now is, how are the connection are made on this engine. I know there are lot of people here who has vehicles with this same engine. And i appreciate if one could post some picture so i can figure out how the connection are made. And the above details are what i found by reading articles to emission control in that era. I heard that connecting the EGR will avoid lot of emission, which i have in my engine now, i got failed the emission test once and the next time they did some tweaks and get me passed. And also EGR will decrease the petrol consumption of the engine at cruise modes. For now mine does 10kml with the AC on. But i guess it must be more than that right ? :) But if I'm wrong in any above detail please correct me.

I guess if they are working better i connect them because it will make a saving for me from the fuel perspective and will save the environment as well from polluting Nitrox gases.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet