• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Urgent Help Needed To Find A Mazda Bhalp(1996) Auto Gearbox

samiram

Hi Guys,

My car was suddenly refused move forward while i was driving. Engine was started ok but when shifted to any position including the reverse gear, car wont move. Also the hold light is blinking too. So i had to tow it to a garage called 'Wheel base' at Meegoda because this was happened around 8pm and mazna motors was closed at that time.

Iam expecting the worse and hope to have a place to get a gearbox if needed. If you guys knows a place or a contact where i can buy a good one please let me know. I will try to contact mazna motors tomorrow too.

Thanks in advance.

Samira

Edited by samiram

Hi Guys,

My car was suddenly refused move forward while i was driving. Engine was started ok but when shifted to any position including the reverse gear, car wont move. Also the hold light is blinking too. So i had to tow it to a garage called 'Wheel base' at Meegoda because this was happened around 8pm and mazna motors was closed at that time.

Iam expecting the worse and hope to have a place to get a gearbox if needed. If you guys knows a place or a contact where i can buy a good one please let me know. I will try to contact mazna motors tomorrow too.

Thanks in advance.

Samira

Is it an Auto or Manual? From what you have told, I think it will be more of a clutch related issue as you might have burnt the clutch plate. If its a manual and when you are shifting gears, do you hear any noises? or feel like the gear is jumping. If so it might be a gear box issue. Btw, when was it last since you changed your transmition fluid? I mean how many kms ago? The same happened to me when the car would start and not move and I had to get a new clutch plate etc. My gear box was fine. Clutch plate should be relatively cheaper than a gear box but depends on the clutch plate you wanna get since there is a variety.

Is it an Auto or Manual? From what you have told, I think it will be more of a clutch related issue as you might have burnt the clutch plate. If its a manual and when you are shifting gears, do you hear any noises? or feel like the gear is jumping. If so it might be a gear box issue. Btw, when was it last since you changed your transmition fluid? I mean how many kms ago? The same happened to me when the car would start and not move and I had to get a new clutch plate etc. My gear box was fine. Clutch plate should be relatively cheaper than a gear box but depends on the clutch plate you wanna get since there is a variety.

Thanks for the reply machan but its an auto. I recently change the ATF oil and when draining the oil yesterday, there were some metal particles in it. :(

• 1 year later...

Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance.

Samira

well i know its too late , but i would like to know what happened to your car????

Mazna Motors is the preferred location,

Alternatively there is a place on high-level road (opposite Sujatha/Petrol shed) and they have gear boxes.

Is your side a basic auto or a tiptronic ? If it’s the later – U need some serious luck to get hold of one. A basic auto will set you back 50,000/- or so + fixing up etc. Dropped u a PM

Alternatively there is a place on high-level road (opposite Sujatha/Petrol shed) and they have gear boxes.

Is your side a basic auto or a tiptronic ? If it’s the later – U need some serious luck to get hold of one. A basic auto will set you back 50,000/- or so + fixing up etc. Dropped u a PM

Did not get the PM????

What do you think about repairing the box. I was told to take it to chandana in ambuldeniya. He is an expert????????