• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

325-**** No

defendertdi

hey!!!!!!!!!!!1111

what is the method to get 325 no for crew cab..which has the no 26-*** currently.it is Isuzu we r doing full restoration,replacing engine also.

can some one explain da procedure..thanks..........

Is 26-xxxx diesel or petrol? From what I know you get 325- for Petrol to Diesel Converts. Some auction vehicles got 325 too. Other than that replacing an engine and restoring doesn't qualify you for a new number.

hey!!!!!!!!!!!1111

what is the method to get 325 no for crew cab..which has the no 26-*** currently.it is Isuzu we r doing full restoration,replacing engine also.

defendertdi' timestamp,

Your Number is already registered for Diesel nay be 30 years old Venice. For my knowledge as this going to be fixd with same type of Diesel engine you cannot apply for a new number.

325 Numbers are issued issued after inspection at RMV for Petrol engined vehicles which are converted to Diesel Engines I think you have to produce the Engine imported documents or the receipt to prove that you had the engine was bought from a dealer.

For further clarification you can contact by telephone Commissioner Technical at RMV he will help you.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Is 26-xxxx diesel or petrol? From what I know you get 325- for Petrol to Diesel Converts. Some auction vehicles got 325 too. Other than that replacing an engine and restoring doesn't qualify you for a new number.

i thought replacing the engine and re registering it would give you a new number i.e a 325 number..

hey!!!!!!!!!!!1111

With the English number system, are 325- numbers still issued?

i thought replacing the engine and re registering it would give you a new number i.e a 325 number..

i think they just amend the details of the reg book without giving you a "new" number.

if that was the case...there should be heaps and heaps of 325- numbers

@sifaan

English plates are purely for new regs...at least that's the case so far.

i think they just amend the details of the reg book without giving you a "new" number.

if that was the case...there should be heaps and heaps of 325- numbers

@sifaan

English plates are purely for new regs...at least that's the case so far.

so i get a new book with the new engine number or they amend the current book to say new engine and include the number?..interesting fact though. never knew about it.

so i get a new book with the new engine number or they amend the current book to say new engine and include the number?..interesting fact though. never knew about it.

you get a new book with amendments! reg no stays the same unless it was a petrol to diesel conversion

you get a new book with amendments! reg no stays the same unless it was a petrol to diesel conversion!

also embassy vehicles too get new plates when they come off DPL status...not too sure how the numbers workout though!

defendertdi' timestamp,

Your Number is already registered for Diesel nay be 30 years old Venice. For my knowledge as this going to be fixd with same type of Diesel engine you cannot apply for a new number.

325 Numbers are issued issued after inspection at RMV for Petrol engined vehicles which are converted to Diesel Engines I think you have to produce the Engine imported documents or the receipt to prove that you had the engine was bought from a dealer.

For further clarification you can contact by telephone Commissioner Technical at RMV he will help you.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Just going off the topic. Long time no see Mr. Silvy. Good to see you again!

Since this topic is about reg number, I'd like to ask slightly related question.

I got to see some Carina AT 212, Corolla 121 running around with some G9-XXXX and G10-XXXX plates. They had some quite old look and I'm pretty sure they are running around for quite while. Is it legal to run a vehicle without registering for a long time?

Since this topic is about reg number, I'd like to ask slightly related question.

I got to see some Carina AT 212, Corolla 121 running around with some G9-XXXX and G10-XXXX plates. They had some quite old look and I'm pretty sure they are running around for quite while. Is it legal to run a vehicle without registering for a long time?

these g9- g10- no cars are locally assembled.these cars are not registered as normal imported ones.that why these cars owners have to stay more than 1 year get register their vehicles

DPL to Private use is FZ-xxxx.

I thought (well, few people told me) that people with almost-english numbers (301- etc) could pay the new plate prices to get an english number and that they got FZ numbers?

Intuitively it didn't make sense, but then, the way they managed the switch didn't make sense either (first in not making the reg. class apparent from the number; and also for going for a capacity that's only lasting ~10 years before it will need replacement again)

adding few points to clarify certain misunderstandings.

325 is given for petrol to diesel conversions and registering of non-registered (but locally used by armed forces specifically)auction vehicles. Non used auction vehicles (customs auctions, etc) will be given the running series number. 325 is no longer issued for conversions and fuel type will be printed on the plate with existing reg number. eg:- 18DXXXX.

FZ - is used only for re-registering 98-XXXX and DP-XXXX plates. Now they're issuing plates for diplomat vehicles with DP instead of the province code and with the running number ex:- DPKF-XXXX. In case of a transfer to a civilian it will be changed to the relevant province code and the same number will continue.

if you've been checking out the crew cab market...prices have come down quite noticeably. Even the all time favorite toyotas haven't gotten away with it for a change.

So considering that and also the fact that the reg book will have the YOM shown irrespective of all the mods you do...it will still be an old double cab.

Since it's a diesel already...dropping an engine wont get you a new number and as Harshan said... the 325's have been discontinued and the Marking "D" has been put in now.

so whichever way...i doubt this will workout for you as you have hoped

ya ripper.........

today i heard dat government going extend limitations of year of manu. to 8 years for Vans which falls in dual purpose category.is it true??????

then no doubt crew-cab prices also goes down

If this another rumor just like the one that said taxes would be increased after the budget or is it with any valid source?

If this another rumor just like the one that said taxes would be increased after the budget or is it with any valid source?

most likely rumour spread by ppl trying to inflate the market more...PBJ had made a statement i think a week or two back saying no change will take place.