• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ac Compressor Problem

GAPAUTO

Question

I have Lancer Station Wagon which has a 1.4l engine. The car runs smoothly without the AC, but when the AC is on, idle runs on rough even though the idle speed is increased a bit. But to get of that roughness idle has to be very high which seems like engine is no more idling :). When the AC is on the engine temp goes high a bit which is very significant. Cause if the AC is off the temp goes down. Does my compressor might or can have a problem which will put extra ordinary load on the engine so, it cannot handle that load even in increase idle. This rough idle seems to increased step by step up to now. If i take the car to a Auto AC will they able to confirm it ?

Thanks in advance.

GAP

1 answer to this question

if you feel that the issue has got worse over time and happens only with the AC on...most probably your AC compressor might be shot and not turning as smooth as it should causing the engine to strain..

A good AC guy should be able to checkout the compressor for you!