• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fuel Consumption Of Axio & Export Corolla

mdsjw03

You hit an average of 14 kmpl and you're wondering whether there's something wrong? :huh:

My car wouldn't do 14 even if I left it at home.

:lol:

Even my old starlet reflect did only 9-10 kmpl in the city. That it being a very small car and a Toyota... 14 kmpl for Axio is quite good. Some ppl do sometimes exagerate on fuel figures ;)

Edited by TharakaWi

True. People do exaggerate fuel figure and dont know y? True figure are very much appreciated since it helps us to get a clear idea about various vehicle models...

The true figure changes when different drivers drive the same damn car! I don't mean same model, I mean physically the same car! Now can we please stop with all this blasted consumption nonsense?

nowdays people tend to talk about fuel consumption of their vehicles with future market value of their vehicles in mind. i am sick of it. i don't feel like replying to any of these threads in the future. most people don't seem to be able to give a humble and a honest reply.

The CVT gearbox with an vvti engine for a considerably lite car can give you these figures,,,

I heard the new honda fit does about 18kmpl outstation,,,

But u hav to keep the gearbox in top condition. Change oil every 15-20k becomes a pain cause only the agents can do it

If you are getting unreasonably low mileage check the gearbox

The CVT gearbox with an vvti engine for a considerably lite car can give you these figures,,,

I heard the new honda fit does about 18kmpl outstation,,,

But u hav to keep the gearbox in top condition. Change oil every 15-20k becomes a pain cause only the agents can do it

If you are getting unreasonably low mileage check the gearbox

of course axio would do 18kmpl in outstation. our former 10 year old honda city did 16kmpl+.

but axio wouldn't do in excess of 11-12kmpl in colombo rush hour traffic. no way!

of course axio would do 18kmpl in outstation. our former 10 year old honda city did 16kmpl+.

but axio wouldn't do in excess of 11-12kmpl in colombo rush hour traffic. no way!

Finally some truth !!!!!!!!!!

Some say that a mazda 3 does only 9kmpl in city, which is less 3kmpl less than toyota corolla.

But the price difference between toyota corolla and mazda is about 0.5 million. ( in the second hand market)

if you travel 12000 km / year running cost (fuel) of

corolla = 120(Rs per liter)*(12000 km/12 kmpl) = Rs. 120,000

mazda 3 = 120 * (12000/9)= Rs. 160,000

To recover your cost of additional 0.5M it would take 500,000/40,000 = 12 years

even if we assume spare parts costs Rs. 250,000 more it would take roughly 6 years to recover.

I have only considered mazda. One could bring a similar argument for honda as well.

All these vehicles are good.

Our driving habits play a major part in KMPL figures.

There used to be a time in mid 1990s where Dr. Sunny was regarded as the best vehicle. But the it changed after their next model was released. Same could happen to TOYOTA, who knows ????????

So what i would suggest after my own research :rolleyes: , is that the vehicle we buy should not be dependent upon the trend. It should be based on our liking.

Some say that a mazda 3 does only 9kmpl in city, which is less 3kmpl less than toyota corolla.

But the price difference between toyota corolla and mazda is about 0.5 million. ( in the second hand market)

even if we assume spare parts costs Rs. 250,000 more it would take roughly 6 years to recover.

I have only considered mazda. One could bring a similar argument for honda as well.

There used to be a time in mid 1990s where Dr. Sunny was regarded as the best vehicle. But the it changed after their next model was released. Same could happen to TOYOTA, who knows ????????

So what i would suggest after my own research :rolleyes: , is that the vehicle we buy should not be dependent upon the trend. It should be based on our liking.

Man, I'd hate to see you buy a house.

• Like 1

Your calculations are correct. But it is valid only if the selling price of both vehicles are same after some years. But practically it is not like that. Sale price also has the price different like buying price.

as an eg: after 1 year we can assume that the sale price has the same price gap.

Based on that your calculations may end up with different story.

:D

Your calculations are correct. But it is valid only if the selling price of both vehicles are same after some years. But practically it is not like that. Sale price also has the price different like buying price.

as an eg: after 1 year we can assume that the sale price has the same price gap.

Based on that your calculations may end up with different story.

:D

Good point.

That is exactly my point. It is all about perception. Toyota prices continued to increase only because of the high taxes.

Now with the taxes slashed it should not be a problem.

Case in point

last year 2006 corlla 121 G went for 3.6 Mil, but you can get a axio x for 3.7M if you import. why should any one go for 2006-121 3.6M ?

Edited by mdsjw03

How abt these figures for my cars..??

** Corolla DX Wagon

(Carb Model, Rear wheel drive, 90 oct petrol)

- Best Recorded 11 kmpl(Outstation), Average Heavy Traffic 9 kmpl, Average Outstation 10 kmpl

** Perodua Viva

(DVVT EFI DOHC, 95 oct petrol)

- Best Recorded 18.5 kmpl (city), Average Heavy Traffic 16-17 kmpl

:) :) :)

How abt these figures for my cars..??

** Corolla DX Wagon

(Carb Model, Rear wheel drive, 90 oct petrol)

- Best Recorded 11 kmpl(Outstation), Average Heavy Traffic 9 kmpl, Average Outstation 10 kmpl

** Perodua Viva

(DVVT EFI DOHC, 95 oct petrol)

- Best Recorded 18.5 kmpl (city), Average Heavy Traffic 16-17 kmpl

:) :) :)

there you go

I heard Toyota owners park their cars at home and take bus and still complain their cars only do 20klms per liter....

I think they wank off looking at the petrol guages in their cars........

Heh.. Heee.. May be true.. Even i'm shock to see some MPG.. With my exp Yaris 1.3L manual did 16.5kmpl best at a trip to polonnaruwa but some ppl claim mpg numbers way over that.. :)