• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car Clock,dome Light And Car Alarm Malfunctioning

riddle

Question

guys,

last week i got a new stereo and i wanted to go to sun lanka to get it installed.since yesterday was a sunday.I washed my car,cleaned the interior and then i just got a thought "WHAT IF I INSTALL THE STEREO????"

and that's how the problem started!

I connected all the wires as in my previous stereo's.ex-Red for RED, black for black

and after its done i started it but the stereo dint work.I just thought of going to sunlanka today and get it done.

but that wasnt all.i noteced that

the cars clock and Dome light isn't working and the cars alarm acts like a bitch.when ever i press the lock key i get a loud noise for about 40secs and then it gets locked.and after about 5-10 mins its starts shouting again.

what can be the solution friends?are there any specific places where they do all of these problems?im sure this all happened after i poke my hands into the stereo.so must be some short or something.

your kind help and support would be much appreciated!

thanks

6 answers to this question

sounds like a short somewherein the system. Never install a stereo simply by matching colors as some stereo manufacturers do not stick with the usual color charts. Look in your manual for the new stereo and look for an installation manual online that would explain the scecifics of the colored wires in your original harness. Make sure you match the wires by function rather than color.

thanks alot.but both of the stereos happen to be the same make(pioneer).and i dint get the manual along with the stereo.but i dis refer to a pdf file on stereo installations.

since you doubt its a short,what can be the solution?where can i get it done?

dude,can we start from level zero?because ,im sorry i don't know anything about fuse .

and what can be wrong with the car security system?

can you please recommend me a good place for all of these issues??

hehe you dnt kno about fuses, yet you mess with electric wiring.

any car electronics place would do, i guess..