• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Atf Change Screwed Up Engine!!

sharky

Question

My dad recently changed the ATF on our ce110 on the insistence of the mechanic and apparently he used the wrong kind of ATF. It worked ok for a day or two until the car stopped pulling on D(rive), the engine just revs up and the car crawls forward. Going up an incline was an impossibility.

Took it to another mechanic, who said the tranny was gone, and we'd have to plonk in a new one costing around 50K.

Just today when we took the car out again, presto! It was pulling like normal again!

Has this sort of thing ever happened to anyone else here? I mean I don't want to waste 50K.... Could there be something else wrong here? I live in Kandy so coming down to Colombo to get it checked out by a pro would be a little tough. I mean if the tranny is really gone so be it, but it started working like brand new again!

Anyone with similar experiences?

8 answers to this question

My dad recently changed the ATF on our ce110 on the insistence of the mechanic and apparently he used the wrong kind of ATF. It worked ok for a day or two until the car stopped pulling on D(rive), the engine just revs up and the car crawls forward. Going up an incline was an impossibility.

Took it to another mechanic, who said the tranny was gone, and we'd have to plonk in a new one costing around 50K.

Just today when we took the car out again, presto! It was pulling like normal again!

Has this sort of thing ever happened to anyone else here? I mean I don't want to waste 50K.... Could there be something else wrong here? I live in Kandy so coming down to Colombo to get it checked out by a pro would be a little tough. I mean if the tranny is really gone so be it, but it started working like brand new again!

Get the ATF changed again at a reputed place... ATF should be Dexron 3 for that particlar car. But double check again and do it properly without taking to every maka baas with a spanner.

No similar exp but what is the wrong ATF used? And is it changed now or you still running with it?

Thanks for the advice, well I'm not running the car at all since I was getting ready to change the tranny. Didn't change the ATF just took it out of the driveway this morning and lo and behold it was working A-OK. I guess I'll change the ATF again to the recommended one. I just hope I won't mess up something else while I'm at it. Bloody makabasas indeed, unfortunately I wasn't there, my dad gets sweet-talked into deals like this all the time!

Thanks again!

Thanks for the advice, well I'm not running the car at all since I was getting ready to change the tranny. Didn't change the ATF just took it out of the driveway this morning and lo and behold it was working A-OK. I guess I'll change the ATF again to the recommended one. I just hope I won't mess up something else while I'm at it. Bloody makabasas indeed, unfortunately I wasn't there, my dad gets sweet-talked into deals like this all the time!

Thanks again!

hey sharky

what is the name of the makabasas garage bro

I have no idea actually, it wasn't our regular place, someone told my dad to go there when I wasn't around. It's not some big joint from what I heard.

thanks for the reply bro :D