• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Basic Car For Me

rameez

I do love VW 1300 kane mail and it never get old. You may find spares as well but only thing is 2 doors.

yes that is also a good option , there is enough spares for this in panchikawatte.But can 4 ppl go in it ? any VW owners here , about the distance they travelled and also their adventures

Hi Rameez

if the Body condition is in good condition that price is ok , try it for 250 ,

that above car is not exactly mine, i got different JDM version GX Sport which you

may not be able to find here i guess,

there is a major issue in AL things are getting duplicated bla bla

i got the same dash with steering wheel batch on the middle says GX,

everything else is same :)

thanks

regards

sumith

Sumiya,

normal this model does not have the 3 dials you have at the left hand corner of the dash board right.....is this custom made for you and what do they indicate, i also noted that there is an RPM meter , nice thing for a car this old :D

where can you fix a stereo neatly without any brackets.I mean i would not like to spoil the original look of the car machang, have you fixed one now, i don't see any place where you can fix a stereo in the car unless you remove the original radio,but i think your car looks great man.

Sumiya,

normal this model does not have the 3 dials you have at the left hand corner of the dash board right.....is this custom made for you and what do they indicate, i also noted that there is an RPM meter , nice thing for a car this old :D

where can you fix a stereo neatly without any brackets.I mean i would not like to spoil the original look of the car machang, have you fixed one now, i don't see any place where you can fix a stereo in the car unless you remove the original radio,but i think your car looks great man.

Hi rameez

That is what i told you that you will not be able to find this model here, this dash is not custom made

this is factory specs i have not changed anything,

usually you get GL ,DX trims here , But this IS GX which it self a sport version of B210's which got more powerful engine than usual,

i will explain you Dash gauges Here with

from Left side

RED:- Clock

Yellow:- Ammeter(AMP)

Pink :- Oil Pressure

Green :- RPM

BLUE :- Speed meter with Trip Meter and mileage

Orange: - with Coolant Temp,Fuel Gauge,CHG,High Beam

Dark Green :- Signal Indicator

Ash Color Arrow is where your Radio + Player goes :) :)

thanks

regards

sumith

post-44195-015113900 1290748212_thumb.jp

Hi rameez

That is what i told you that you will not be able to find this model here, this dash is not custom made

this is factory specs i have not changed anything,

usually you get GL ,DX trims here , But this IS GX which it self a sport version of B210's which got more powerful engine than usual,

i will explain you Dash gauges Here with

from Left side

RED:- Clock

Yellow:- Ammeter(AMP)

Pink :- Oil Pressure

Green :- RPM

BLUE :- Speed meter with Trip Meter and mileage

Orange: - with Coolant Temp,Fuel Gauge,CHG,High Beam

Dark Green :- Signal Indicator

Ash Color Arrow is where your Radio + Player goes :) :)

thanks

regards

sumith

the car is nice machang....i am also going to see if i can a get B210.Apart from that contact do you get spares from anyplace in colombo.What are the major issues you will come across in this car as you go ahead ?

Am i mistaken or did that steering have a "Z" logo on it??? :o

Yes Indeed, if you go through my posts on this thread i clearly say instead of Z i Get GX on my Steering Emblem that is the only difference :) since i don't have closer photo taken from my dash .

thanks

regards

sumith

the car is nice machang....i am also going to see if i can a get B210.Apart from that contact do you get spares from anyplace in colombo.What are the major issues you will come across in this car as you go ahead ?

Hi rameez

Most of the things needed for engine overhaul are available at panchika...

No major issues to be worried, since these are carburetor you have to keep your fueling system clean changing Fuel Filter regularly,unclean fuel tend to block carburetor main jet and idle jet most of the time , that also you can minimize by having half the fuel tank full :)

@ Watchman

here is exactly mine,it was re sized since the capacity was too big to upload

thanks

regards

sumith

post-44195-036886000 1290762134_thumb.jp

Edited by Sumiya

Hi rameez

Most of the things needed for engine overhaul are available at panchika...

No major issues to be worried, since these are carburetor you have to keep your fueling system clean changing Fuel Filter regularly,unclean fuel tend to block carburetor main jet and idle jet most of the time , that also you can minimize by having half the fuel tank full :)

@ Watchman

here is exactly mine,it was re sized since the capacity was too big to upload

thanks

regards

sumith

sumiya,

if i am going to buy one what are the areas that i need to be careful of any places that corrosion needs to be taken care of.I think this car has got a spare tire in the boot...right.My friend told me that it is the most place where rust starts to come.Any ideas of yours,

If i am going to fix an AC i might as well check the blowers if they are working... :D

Hi Rameez

if the Body condition is in good condition that price is ok , try it for 250 ,

that above car is not exactly mine, i got different JDM version GX Sport which you

may not be able to find here i guess,

there is a major issue in AL things are getting duplicated bla bla

i got the same dash with steering wheel batch on the middle says GX,

everything else is same :)

thanks

regards

sumith

Just saw the pics of your car.. Maaaaxaaaa eke honda eka... :) This is awesome machan. I've never seen this version machan... The dash looks like an American Muscle Car.. :) Wish i had one of these machaa... :) Will let you know when i'm hunting for this type of car... :)

Cheers,

K

Edited by kmeeg

sumiya,

if i am going to buy one what are the areas that i need to be careful of any places that corrosion needs to be taken care of.I think this car has got a spare tire in the boot...right.My friend told me that it is the most place where rust starts to come.Any ideas of yours,

If i am going to fix an AC i might as well check the blowers if they are working... :D

Hi Rameez

Yepe The behind trunk and also the floor board and the area under the the places where

front vent holes are the places that you will have to be carefull on.most of the cars

blower is working fine, but there are few that doesn't contain blower too..

@kmeeg

thanks for appreciation

i hope this is one and only, :) so many people wanted to buy this few guys came behind

too. i didn't want to give this since its uniqueness :)

thanks

regards

sumith

Guys i have just seen a Lancer A72 station wagon in immaculate condition. the price is around 2, is the car worth it . I am satisfied with the interior and body condition well kept by a doctor and it is all orignal.The only hitch is that it has got an 8Sri number plate, registered in 1975. Any idea what to know if it has got the orient engine and how do i spot it? , because as far as i know this engine is quite popular here and parts are available.Is this the satturn engine with the timing chain and not the timing belt.

isn't this model called the "batu sunny".?

Guys i have just seen a Lancer A72 station wagon in immaculate condition. the price is around 2, is the car worth it . I am satisfied with the interior and body condition well kept by a doctor and it is all orignal.The only hitch is that it has got an 8Sri number plate, registered in 1975. Any idea what to know if it has got the orient engine and how do i spot it? , because as far as i know this engine is quite popular here and parts are available.Is this the satturn engine with the timing chain and not the timing belt.

Dear Rameez,

I used a Lancer wagon in 1992 orion engine. Those days It had a good market perception than the Saturn engine. Since these are very old I don't know whether you could find spares easily (Specially body parts). Also check the engine condition. Even when I sold my one (YOM 1983) had under compression. Generally it was a good basic car. Acutually my first and second cars were lancer station wagons.

Any one else with any ideas pls.........my time is running out :unsure: The car has got a saturn engine and other things are ok.Advice at this time is much appreciated.

Dear Rameez,

I used a Lancer wagon in 1992 orion engine. Those days It had a good market perception than the Saturn engine. Since these are very old I don't know whether you could find spares easily (Specially body parts). Also check the engine condition. Even when I sold my one (YOM 1983) had under compression. Generally it was a good basic car. Acutually my first and second cars were lancer station wagons.

Any one else with any ideas pls.........my time is running out :unsure: The car has got a saturn engine and other things are ok.Advice at this time is much appreciated.

A friend of mine bought a Mazda Famila '89 model for around half a mil quite recently. It's in good condition and delivers quite good fuel efficiency. It drive pretty well too, considering it's age... :) A rather good deal, if you ask me.

Mr Cat thanks for the info I already visited that,,, i just wanted to get first hand info from some owner over here it self.Looks like the saturn came a tad before the orion and hence it is popular here :rolleyes:

A friend of mine bought a Mazda Famila '89 model for around half a mil quite recently. It's in good condition and delivers quite good fuel efficiency. It drive pretty well too, considering it's age... :) A rather good deal, if you ask me.

my only concern is the 8Sri issue and i think the other things are OK for the asking price, i am not into looks and speed extremely since this will be a just daily runner for us.

machan i am not that concerned about the looks and besides i think these car was very popular among the young executives during the 80s ;)

Machan dont go for KE 72... Cause I dont think itz a smart vehicle for guyz... Itz good to buy a ford laser or Mazda 323 or even Nissan B11...