• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Lanka Ioc Xtramile Diesel?

SeanD

Question

8 answers to this question

I think this must be yet another marketing BS :P

I pump whatever diesel that's there in the shed...once pumped this extra mile and didn't feel anything different expect for the slight difference in scent...not even placebo effect :P

Dunno if it makes a difference in Di diesels though...mines old school mechanical injection

This one's for a Kia Sorento CRDI engine (the new one)...the agents say to pump that but I was also thinking it's probably marketing as all Diesel here is probably equal...(Xtramile is supposed to have some additive, but according to online reviews from India nobody has gained the extra mile, in fact some claim to have lost it, but all of them claim the engine now feels "smoother"...) The pump guy at IOC said its 79.50 which is not a lot more than the normal though. Is super diesel the Ceypetco version of "premium Diesel?" Found a thread on the subject from some years back where the same has been recommended:

http://forum.autolanka.com/index.php?showtopic=3357

Edited by SeanD

Super Diesel - 88.90Rs/1L

Cetane Number - Min 53

Sulphur Content % (w/w)- Max 0.05

Auto Diesel - 73Rps/1L

Cetane Number - Min 48

Sulphur Content % (w/w)- Max 0.3

http://www.ceypetco.gov.lk/Products_and_Services.htm

Lanka IOC's "XtraMile Diesel"(79.50Rps/1L) is not super diesel.

Indian Oil in India sells "XtraMile Super Diesel" which has a specification similar to ceypetco super diesel

http://www.iocl.com/Products/DieselSpecifications.pdf

Once I pumped ioc xtramile and didn't notice any difference. Since my hilux's user manual recommends a Cetane number 50 or higher (for D-4D common rail engine), I always use Cepetco super diesel.

BTW Can you tell the price of 2010 Sorento crdi diesel?

Super Diesel - 88.90Rs/1L

Cetane Number - Min 53

Sulphur Content % (w/w)- Max 0.05

Auto Diesel - 73Rps/1L

Cetane Number - Min 48

Sulphur Content % (w/w)- Max 0.3

http://www.ceypetco....nd_Services.htm

Lanka IOC's "XtraMile Diesel"(79.50Rps/1L) is not super diesel.

Indian Oil in India sells "XtraMile Super Diesel" which has a specification similar to ceypetco super diesel

http://www.iocl.com/...cifications.pdf

Once I pumped ioc xtramile and didn't notice any difference. Since my hilux's user manual recommends a Cetane number 50 or higher (for D-4D common rail engine), I always use Cepetco super diesel.

BTW Can you tell the price of 2010 Sorento crdi diesel?

Are you sure Super Diesel is 88.90?

...i recall pumping "Super Diesel" at the IOC shed just passing Majestic City

The pump is near the Air pump on the side...

i wasn't paying enough attention, but i thought i spent something like Rs. 83 a litre :unsure:

As for the 2010 Sorento CRDI's - recall seeing some on the AL classifieds themselves early on at 10-11 Mn

Xtramile diesel is not 'super diesel'. Super diesel is low sulfur diesel and is highly recommended for common rail diesel engines. Xtramile diesel is regular diesel with an additive (like Soltron). It is best used in lder diesel engines (trucks and buses)

If someone recommended Xtramile for the CRDI engines - they are mistaken. There is no indication Xtramile has low sulfur content compare to regular diesel.

Are you sure Super Diesel is 88.90?

...i recall pumping "Super Diesel" at the IOC shed just passing Majestic City

The pump is near the Air pump on the side...

i wasn't paying enough attention, but i thought i spent something like Rs. 83 a litre :unsure:

As for the 2010 Sorento CRDI's - recall seeing some on the AL classifieds themselves early on at 10-11 Mn

So Super diesel goes in the County and 95 octane in the Z? Shah!

Anywayz 10-11 Mils for a Sorento is DEEEP! Doesn't the Diesel Sportage 2010 range in 7's?

Probably the sorento 2010 has a cat-converter some aditives are not recomended for it - as i remember in my 2008 santafe's lit

Yet Xtra Premium(93oct) is recomended for the vvti cars which dosen't face the tax of (95 oct)

Xtra miile must be having aditives so it is not good for the cat..

Well my cat has lost a lot of fur Will extramile help it grow some "mile" back :lol: