• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vote & Help To Choose The Best Alloy For My Car

Hola

Hi Everyone,

Got a budget to replace my controversial and common 3spoke alloy wheel and go for either of below. I got these from a dealer and i like these 3 from the other 22 pics. The number of bolts int the alloys is not a problem as i can get in 4 holes. A dealer said he will get down to me price ranges from 25-30k. Please vote and let me know the best, hope the prices are ok as i dont have a clue in it

Option - 1

option15ef.jpg

Option - 2

option24js.jpg

Option - 3

option35xy.jpg

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah 1st one look kool bt i dnt think u can find that alloy in sri lanka

Can find it...

But tell me guys, my car is all white. Is it ok? I thought white cars needs silver or chrome alloys

Hey hola …. You didn’t reply 2 my question bro… it’s ok I think specially for a white car silver or chrome alloys are kind of doggy… so don’t go for pimping styles … according 2 my knowledge these are the best colors for a white car… white rims, back rims, gun metal rims or copper mix gold, like wrx… so now it’s up 2 u. bro…all the best …n’ I like the first one among all the rims you listed… looks similar to the new Honda rims? :D

Hey hola …. You didn’t reply 2 my question bro… it’s ok I think specially for a white car silver or chrome alloys are kind of doggy… so don’t go for pimping styles … according 2 my knowledge these are the best colors for a white car… white rims, back rims, gun metal rims or copper mix gold, like wrx… so now it’s up 2 u. bro…all the best …n’ I like the first one among all the rims you listed… looks similar to the new Honda rims? :D

Sorry bro...

A tyre house in our town said he would bring it down for me (any how i dont find him reliable though, the prices like you said is a bit high). So if you know a joint, please let me know...Brand new is the better...

Ok, I will go for the gun metal color, also machang i am looking at 14"..Will a 15" give that metal+tar feeling when we are driving?

And yes, the 2nd 3rd options looks a bit similier to the new Honda Rims...

hey,

i was checking alloys past week for the carina, well i found many places but it was very hard to find gud ones with 5 boltz which fits to carina model, check amila as gihan said, he had kwel models with him.

do u know the duplication road shop? they directed me to their stores and gave me a person from ther shop to find out a gud alloy, (since i went to colombo, duplication, piliyandala all 3 places - they were kind enough to send me to stores) i found a alloy set which was FINE. well ther was SOO nice 4 boltz sets (many).

prices - amila sells 14inch @ 23/- brand new. above mentioend ppl want 26/- amila had nice sets unfortunately not for my car. check @ his place so.

i will be putting the alloys and 195,65,14 Dunlop - Japan 4 tyres, costing me 54/- discounted.. next saturday probably, 'cos yesterday they had only 2 tyres -->

Guys, are you sure I should go ahead with the 1st option? Ok, then, I will order the set in 14" size. I am doing this end may, so if you guys have more ideas or places please tell me.....

the least u can do is take a side view photo of ur car and using photoshop or similar photo editing software, superimpose each wheel and see which best suits ur car...u'd b a lot more sure b4 u make a purchase

Thanks man, good idea. Since its a tight budget its good to have a preview...

Hey Hola gud choice on number 1 bro ....

well my pal ramesh has a honda civic virs with those type of racing (type-r) rims he got them down from germany ... for arnd 27k with all the stuff.

WCC, will you have the pics of it? Also 27k with all the stuff-what do you mean?

Hi Everyone,

I went to Amila yesterday. There was a JRD for 31.5 which was gun metal 15" not this shape. It was a bit spider web but larger spacing between the spokes. He told me he would give 17 for my set...my set has already gone 30k kms on the tyres and the rims were bought last year. He told me to give 44k from hand as diffrence. What do you guys think? Opinion? is it worth?

• 2 weeks later...