• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Open Track Session 19Th December

tharindra

I believe some of you are still not aware that Pannala circuit has been refurbished earlier this year. Here are some pics.....

Also we will be starting the Pannala Lap Board to officially record the lap times...i.e to find out the fastest drivers/street legal cars in Sri Lanka....

Pannala Pics

Edited by tharindra

Guys, there's a open track session happening at the Pannala circuit this Sunday [19th] afternoon, basic track driving training and then you get to let loose ur inner Lewis Hamilton :) Bring your own car + helmet, PM me for ticket/reservation info

Why not post the ticket/reservation info so everybody gets to see.

Why not post the ticket/reservation info so everybody gets to see.

tumblr_ldehqpVP4p1qejy8uo1_500.jpg

What's a open track session? The Pannala Circuit is opening doors to your inner Lewis Hamilton for an afternoon session this Sunday [19th Dec, 12-4]. Bring along your car and a helmet, and let's put those whose faster than whom arguments to rest, at least temporarily. This set up is perfect for a corporate/friends day out.

I don't have a helmet - We'll sort you out, let us know in advance please.

What do I get for Rs 1000? You get a track briefing and a basic driving 'training' delivered by professional racing drivers [essential!]. After that the fun begins with few laps under a pace car to familiarise yourself, then it will be all about how fast can you take down a lap at Pannala. You have time to put down approximately 30 laps in during the session. Lunch for the driver is also included.

Can I bring any non-driving friends/family? Of course, there are AC viewing booths in the track to view the proceedings in comfort, and if you let us know in advance, we can sort out lunch for them as well.

Can I bring any car? Sure, as long as its in good mechanical condition!

But I don't want some Vettel wanna-be crashing into my car - We'll be sending out vehicles on the track with an adequate time gap in between, rally style, so that any chance of contact is reduced. So don't expect to be doing any tire bashing and late braking manoeuvres!

How far away is Pannala? It's an approximately a 90 minute journey from central Colombo [30 minutes from Negombo].

Sounds good, how do I go about getting tickets? Please call 0771712240 [Tharindra]

Only 20 slots available, book soon!

LOCATION OF THE CIRCUIT

The driving time from Colombo to the Pannala Circuit is roughly around 1 hour 30 minutes. It is 20 minutes away from Negombo, and 5 minutes away from the Pannala town itself. The road there is wide and in good condition, and travel directions [car, public] will available soon on this page.

Driving: Drive past the Negombo Junction on the Main road and turn right to go to Dankotuwa. Passing Dankotuwa you will come upon a clock tower, with a green digital clock, turn right and continue straight till Pannala. The track is 5 minutes past the Pannala Town, the entrance will be visible to the main road.

<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=pannala+sri+lanka&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=48.956293,74.794922&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Pannala,+Kurunegala,+North+Western+Province,+Sri+Lanka&daddr=Pannala,+Sri+Lanka&ll=7.325835,80.027382&spn=0.47264,0.583649&z=10&output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=embed&hl=en&geocode=&q=pannala+sri+lanka&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=48.956293,74.794922&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Pannala,+Kurunegala,+North+Western+Province,+Sri+Lanka&daddr=Pannala,+Sri+Lanka&ll=7.325835,80.027382&spn=0.47264,0.583649&z=10" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>

At the session, there will be a GoPro Hero HD video camera that can be mounted inside or outside your car to record your laps, in HD video. The GoPro is a great piece of kit, it has a wide angle lens that is ideal for motor-sport.

Only for this track session, for the first group of 5 vehicles who reserves by Thursday, we will be hiring it out FREE of charge. We'll copy the video to a DVD as well for all of you to 'dissect' your laps, free of charge.

We'll be uploading a video soon that we recorded at a very wet day at Pannala!

Guys I think this is a good opportunity for you all to go and try out the Pannala Track since we all have been waiting till it gets open for the public. I had a quick chat with the organizers and managed to get a 10% discount out of the ticket price for Autolanka Members so please call 0771712240 and reserve your tickets now!

You will also get an opportunity to see a Formula Mclarens race as well as Formula Fords.

At the session, there will be a GoPro Hero HD video camera that can be mounted inside or outside your car to record your laps, in HD video. The GoPro is a great piece of kit, it has a wide angle lens that is ideal for motor-sport.

Only for this track session, for the first group of 5 vehicles who reserves by Thursday, we will be hiring it out FREE of charge. We'll copy the video to a DVD as well for all of you to 'dissect' your laps, free of charge.

We'll be uploading a video soon that we recorded at a very wet day at Pannala!

• 2 weeks later...

A nicely organized event it was, but sad that none of the PS2 speed freaks turned up... :P

I recall some names that actually bragged about their speedy toys... :lol:

Devinda: I hope your tyres took you home.. ;)

I assume you were the one in the Bmw? :) if it was you, would like to know if they gave you the vids from the camera :)