• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Advertisement Post Date

sampath_fer

As a suggestion: I guess AL should include advertisement post date against each advertisement so that the reader knows how new/old is the ad.

Rgds

Sampath

I dont know if thats really important since if the Advertisement is still up that means its still up for sale regardless how old it is.

If there is a particular car that impress you would you not call them up just because its a few weeks or months old?

The AL classified section is pretty up to date. Meaning they take the Adds off in a jiffy when the owners call in when there specimens are sold or when there advertising contracts have ended.

Well I've come across many ads in AL where the vehicle was sold and the ad was still up. Guess some sellers don't bother removing the ad after selling, so maybe the date could help?

I still dont see the correlation between date and availability. Some cars move fast so it might be sold as soon as its put up, while some models dont sell as fast.

Frankly I think its more a case of some of our typical sri lankan car buyer who looks at how long the car has been advertised for and try to devalue the car and knock off as much off the price of the car irrespective of its condition.

Like Devaka said, if you see a car you like just call and inquire about it. If the car's sold too bad. If its good, and if you can agree upon a price, just buy it. And if sellers like getting phone calls asking about a car they sold months ago they'll keep the advert there. You or I cant help it.

Well I meant more like a car not sold for several months but if of a usually easy to sell model, then there's possibly something wrong with it? They look ok in pics, but when going and checking out only we see many other problems, which some sellers try to hide.. And that's not really nice if travelling to Col from another place, cuz that's where most ads are from.

Edit - I know IDs do help but it only gives a vague idea and not sure how many per day etc.

Edited by BLu3HaZe

Well I meant more like a car not sold for several months but if of a usually easy to sell model, then there's possibly something wrong with it? They look ok in pics, but when going and checking out only we see many other problems, which some sellers try to hide.. And that's not really nice if travelling to Col from another place, cuz that's where most ads are from.

Edit - I know IDs do help but it only gives a vague idea and not sure how many per day etc.

So you are talking about buyers perspective, not sellers perspective.

In this case, yes.

Even in the case of sellers, if they do not overinflate prices and be reasonable when describing the vehicle to a buyer, I'm sure it'd not stagnate for months without getting sold. As I read somewhere on the forum, a person had even bought a failed STi conversion?

So you want autolanka to do a 100 point inspection before putting an ad up?

So you want autolanka to do a 100 point inspection before putting an ad up?

No blink.gif Only put up the date which it was advertised, so buyers can be informed how much time it was up. Not something necessary for performance cars but is when it comes to the most sought after boring cars like Corolla, Sunny etc.

And it's not a personal problem anyway.

Another small suggestion, it'd be nice if the search feature in the buy page can be expanded a bit more to include options like manual transmission, petrol etc.

Edited by BLu3HaZe

I think the main buy and sell site is perfect the way it is. There's less confusion and searching is pretty easy. I've sold cars oin it with no issues at all and I've also found and checked out some cars too. They don't need to fix what works. The only problem I have is with sellers who are too lazy to call the office and cancell the ad. It's not autolanka's fault though.

Not saying anything wrong with the site and working well even on a mobile is a very good point. But just saying that something like an 'Advanced Search' feature in a link to be used if necessary would help too.

And I do agree nothing to do about sellers who don't notify AL, but just now saw we can in any case report them as sold out if we do make a call. Like http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=11314

You say you're in UAE and need fuel figures? rolleyes.gif Even asking for that is just plain crazy cuz you're obviously not buying a performance car so it should be within the average of most people, a quick search through the forum could get you all the info you want...

Btw, guys I was referring ads such as these cuz the buy.asp didn't show the date.

• 1 month later...

Hey Madz, seems dates have been added for even the buy.asp, great work! :)

yeah...great job.

when i sold my car here...the ad was on like the 4th page after a mere 3-4 days but had time wasters calling and asking "ah! is that car on al 'STILL' there?" "why weren't you able to sell it" etc etc...

it was bloody annoying and i pulled out the ad before selling cos it was actually working against the whole selling thing :)

then of course i put it again after a few days and sold it the same day :)