• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Wiring Up A Kenwood Cd Player

GAPAUTO

Question

Hi All,

I'm trying to wire up a kenwood E202 CD player. This was a reconditioned player so i didn't go the original wire harness. But the player has some wires already connected to speaker channels and power lines (by soldering to pins). Well there are two wires which are red and yellow which both need to have +12V as the person in the store told me. But after some searching i found out that yellow is +12V which should come from the battery, and red is +12V which comes through ACC (Accessory) line. So if i don't connect this yellow line directly to battery i found out that the player don't keep memory of the presets and eq settings.

So if i keep this yellow line connected battery will that hurt my car battery a lot?

because i only use the car in weekends and i normally start the engine in middle of the week and run it for around 5min.

Thanks in advance,

GAP

4 answers to this question

Hi All,

I'm trying to wire up a kenwood E202 CD player. This was a reconditioned player so i didn't go the original wire harness. But the player has some wires already connected to speaker channels and power lines (by soldering to pins). Well there are two wires which are red and yellow which both need to have +12V as the person in the store told me. But after some searching i found out that yellow is +12V which should come from the battery, and red is +12V which comes through ACC (Accessory) line. So if i don't connect this yellow line directly to battery i found out that the player don't keep memory of the presets and eq settings.

So if i keep this yellow line connected battery will that hurt my car battery a lot?

because i only use the car in weekends and i normally start the engine in middle of the week and run it for around 5min.

Thanks in advance,

GAP

It wont drain your battery. :rolleyes:

that wire is for the memory clock IC.it will only draw a tiny ammount of mili Amaps.

It wont drain your battery. :rolleyes:

that wire is for the memory clock IC.it will only draw a tiny ammount of mili Amaps.

Thanks for the reply frnd, Just check the the amount of amp as well, and as you said its around 4 mAmps. But for the first time when i connect, i can hear a initialization sound of the cd reading head i guess, which takes a bit more current. but once its done the current drops to the 4 mAmps. I guess that normal :).

Thanks for the reply frnd, Just check the the amount of amp as well, and as you said its around 4 mAmps. But for the first time when i connect, i can hear a initialization sound of the cd reading head i guess, which takes a bit more current. but once its done the current drops to the 4 mAmps. I guess that normal :).

Maybe your unit is checking if there is a cd in the bay B)

OH well, hope you did the wiring properly.