• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Sunroof Control Box Issue.

Simplelife

Question

Hi Guys,

This is my 1st post here. I own a 96’ Mitsubishi Lancer (CK2 model) & a week ago my sunroof opened on its own :blink: as soon as I started the car, and I had to hold the close button for a while (about 5 minutes) to close it. Then on the next day same thing happened, but it never closed. So I took it to my usual garage and they checked all the fuses/relays and wiring which seems to be ok and then removed the hoodlining/rooflining and took a part call sunroof control unit. The garage guy told me that I have to replace this part since that cannot be repaired (basically circuit was burst). So I went to the agents, and to every shop in Panchikawatte and “watta” (next to the p’watta bridge), & finally to Delkanda, but no one has even heard of this part. So if anyone of you knows a place or a person whom I can contact to get this part kindly let me know – big help guys. :(

Cheers.

14 answers to this question

I think all Mitsubishi's of that generation use the same control box. The most likely vehicle to have the same part is the Pajero/ Montero of the same generation, as I've not seen many Lancers with sun roofs. So when you go to Delkanda ask to check bits of a Pajero/ Montero as well.

Worst case scenario you can try one of two things.

1. Get one of these guys who repair ECU's to try to repair the unit.

2. Get a bright electronics guru to make you a control box (I mean its a pretty straight forward operation isn't it, open and close the sun roof )

My power mirror control box failed and I replaced it with one from a Pajero which was exactly the same unit.

did the agents say they cant order it or have they never seen it?

Thanks for the reply mates, Sales guy at UM told me they have never seen this part before and when I asked whether is it possible to order it down, he said its not possible either since the particular part no does not exists in their DB. :blink:

I think all Mitsubishi's of that generation use the same control box. The most likely vehicle to have the same part is the Pajero/ Montero of the same generation, as I've not seen many Lancers with sun roofs. So when you go to Delkanda ask to check bits of a Pajero/ Montero as well.

Worst case scenario you can try one of two things.

1. Get one of these guys who repair ECU's to try to repair the unit.

2. Get a bright electronics guru to make you a control box (I mean its a pretty straight forward operation isn't it, open and close the sun roof )

My power mirror control box failed and I replaced it with one from a Pajero which was exactly the same unit.

I should check the Pajero/Montero support unit and try my luck. One guy at Delkanda even suggested me to remove the complete sunroof unit off (with the glass) and fix a universal sunroof as these kind of parts are very rare to find. Guess as you have suggested repairing the unit would be the option I should try… I shall look for an ECU repair guy. Thanks for the advice mate, appreciate

I should check the Pajero/Montero support unit and try my luck. One guy at Delkanda even suggested me to remove the complete sunroof unit off (with the glass) and fix a universal sunroof as these kind of parts are very rare to find. Guess as you have suggested repairing the unit would be the option I should try… I shall look for an ECU repair guy. Thanks for the advice mate, appreciate

those aftermarket sunroofs tend to leak pretty soon... If your only problem is the controller, it's a pretty stupid idea to get rid of your sunroof. If you can't find the unit locally why not try getting one down?

those aftermarket sunroofs tend to leak pretty soon... If your only problem is the controller, it's a pretty stupid idea to get rid of your sunroof. If you can't find the unit locally why not try getting one down?

I know, i told the same thing to the guy who gave me the idea....1st I will try my best to get it done locally coz couple of days ago i spoke to one of my friend who is in Singapore and he said they have this part there but it would cost me somewhere around Rs.65k to bring it down :o

why dont you take the car to ruwan, the guy who owns rexton motors near fire brigade in darley road..

chances are...he might be able to jerry rig another unit to work with your car if existing unit is bust...

repairing the busted unit if possible should be your first course of action imho

these units have simple electronics

why dont you take the car to ruwan, the guy who owns rexton motors near fire brigade in darley road..

chances are...he might be able to jerry rig another unit to work with your car if existing unit is bust...

repairing the busted unit if possible should be your first course of action imho

+1

Found a place to fix it :jumping-smiley-013: , down in Piliyandala Rd in Maharagama..... guy asked me to bring the car with the unit in a weekday morning, and he said he'll fix the circuit. Thanks for all the suggestions mates... Cheers! :)

Edited by Simplelife