• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

White Smoke

kmcsb

when i start the engine in morniing i've seen wite smoke coming out 4m silencer some brown oil...??? i park my car outside beacuse of no garage and use to start it everyday @ 7-8 a.m...when im weekly inspectoion i put some engine oil...actully i thnik it got more excess... someone say that it the problem....but im still worried...im not an expert guy...

what 's that problem might be???? help guyz

when i start the engine in morniing i've seen wite smoke coming out 4m silencer some brown oil...??? i park my car outside beacuse of no garage and use to start it everyday @ 7-8 a.m...when im weekly inspectoion i put some engine oil...actully i thnik it got more excess... someone say that it the problem....but im still worried...im not an expert guy...

Did you meant to say blue colour smoke? and you are topping up oil weekly?

Did you meant to say blue colour smoke? and you are topping up oil weekly?

Apparently this situation can occur when the valve seats are bad... This will burn oil as well as will ommit a whitish smoke.

Learnt this from The Don in another thread. Couldn't request him to explain this a bit more. Hopefully he may see this thread and enlighten us a bit more :)

When valve seats are worn, the seal of the valves that keeps the oil that lubricates the cam shafts seeps in to the piston. When this burns it causes the white smoke. Given enough time this works its way in to the exhausts and it starts dripping from there.

Depending on the age of the car valve seats can wear off. Also leaks in the air filter can suck in fine dust particles and damage the seats.

Best thing for you to do will be to take it to a good mechanic and get him to check.

Kmcsb, Your post is not really clear. you talk about a white smoke and whats that brown oil thing? Where is it visible? always?

Are you sure its white smoke coming out of exhaust or just a steam like thing? Hold your palm against it and see. You dont need to uplift oil on weekly basis if your level is alright. The dip stick clearly indicate the top and bottom level of lubricant and stick to that.

MINIACE

Hi VVTi,

Thanks for clarifying this. Typically, Oil burn smoke it considered blue. Does any other factors contribute to make the smoke emmitted in the above scenario appear whitish?

white smoke is generally steam. can be a case where the head gasket is worn and water is seeping into the combustion chamber from the water jacket.

• Like 1

white smoke is generally steam. can be a case where the head gasket is worn and water is seeping into the combustion chamber from the water jacket.

Then the blue smoke may be masked by the steam and go unnoticed... Thanks Ripper.

Ok the key here is this. Does the white smoke disappear in the day time? If the white smoke is always there as Ripper & VVTI have already pointed out it could be a oil burning issue or head gasket.

Usually if the valve seats are worn you see bluish white smoke when the engine is raced, but if the situation is quite bad you might see that when the engine is idling too. It could also be worn piston rings.

But if its whitish smoke and you only see it in the mornings, it could be something harmless like a rusty silencer (brown non oily liquid) and water vapour (white smoke). Get it checked out either way.....