• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Is The Lancer Cedia A Good Option ?

timmy

Hi all,

Im interested in buying a Lancer CEDIA (yes the Japanes domestic version of the Lancer CS2). The car looks good and is supposed to be having a rated output of 160 BHP.

WHat Im skeptical bout is the GDI system used, cos I've heard the 95 octane that we have here in this LAND LIKE NO OTHER, does not do justice to the engine.

I jus want to know what you guys think. Could this be a ripoff for me ?

Im not worried about the price tag cos I dint get to that yet.

thanx,

timmy.

don't worry about the petrol. you can always pump 90 octane and increase the octance level to your liking with tuloene. you may do a search in this forum to find out more info on this.

on another serious note i do not think there is any 160bhp cedia. i am curious to know what the engine code of this peculiar cedia is.

well dont know much about the model must be good...there was one on sale here right?

but i know dude working in Mitsu Motors according to him GDI engines are not all good maintenance wise as well...IQ n Galant are some cars hvin these engines.

guess someone here can give a detailed info on this

well dont know much about the model must be good...there was one on sale here right?

Yea that's the one I was talking bout. Engine Code is 4G15 same as a CK2. I dont think this really has 160bhp cos a CK2 output is rated at 97 bhp. Only difference is this has GDI.

Even if u leave out the GDI problem, the car's spec looks good on paper (6 speed gear box, tiptronics, original sports version etc.). But I read more about the GDI problems here in this forum. And I feel I wont be able to sell it if I buy it, cos that is the market sentiment. So I decided not to risk my money with it. Thanx for all your help though.

Yea that's the one I was talking bout. Engine Code is 4G15 same as a CK2. I dont think this really has 160bhp cos a CK2 output is rated at 97 bhp. Only difference is this has GDI.

Even if u leave out the GDI problem, the car's spec looks good on paper (6 speed gear box, tiptronics, original sports version etc.). But I read more about the GDI problems here in this forum. And I feel I wont be able to sell it if I buy it, cos that is the market sentiment. So I decided not to risk my money with it. Thanx for all your help though.

Unlike EFI engines Gasoline Direct Injections (GDI) engines requires frequent maintenance. Coz the fuel injector is placed inside the combustion chamber. Therefore, it undergoes intence pressure and temperature variations. Even though the injector is designed in such a way that to withstand in this condition, it has lower lifetime compared to EFI injectors. So you will have to change injectors very frequently.

Unlike EFI engines Gasoline Direct Injections (GDI) engines requires frequent maintenance. Coz the fuel injector is placed inside the combustion chamber. Therefore, it undergoes intence pressure and temperature variations. Even though the injector is designed in such a way that to withstand in this condition, it has lower lifetime compared to EFI injectors. So you will have to change injectors very frequently.

In internal combustion engines, gasoline direct injection (GDI) is a variant of fuel injection employed in modern two- and four- stroke petrol engines. The petrol/gasoline is highly pressurised, and injected via a common rail fuel line directly into the combustion chamber of each cylinder, as opposed to conventional multi-point fuel injection that happens in the intake tract, or cylinder port.

In some applications, gasoline direct injection enables a stratified fuel charge (ultra lean burn) combustion for improved fuel efficiency, and reduced emission levels at low load.

From Wiki.

http://image.automotive.com/f/techarticles...ngine+guide.jpg

Edited by VVTi

I would love to know what exactly is the issue the GDIs have in Sri Lanka.

The way cars are categorized in SL is a joke.

Looking for a car for a friend of mine last few weeks made me realize what a bunch of idiots the car sellers and most car buyers are in SL.

Centre Antenna model (Swift)

Ithin Eeta passe Model. (Wingroad) WTF???????????

Etc etc...

:angry-smiley-024::angry-smiley-048::violent-smiley-099:

cedia is rated at approximately 100bhp (click here for the source of my claim). if someone is trying to market a cedia saying it is rated at 160bhp then i'd be very cautious about the seller's honesty.

GDI is a great technology, all german car makers have now perfected the technology in production models and gain so mcuh in terms of power, torque and fuel economy. sadly for mitsubishi, they introduced it without enough stress testing and refining due to their apparent lack of financial muscle.

well there are few special model lancers that came up with greater performance and extra options such as sun roof, climate control a/c, tiptrnic gearbox, etc. cuz few years back we had a lancer CK4 which had a 125bhp mivec 1600cc engine. this had sunroof, climate control a/c, 4speed tiptronic transmission and stuff but that car is not at all fuel efficient, rather than that it was a beauty machine. it had the looks, greater performance and luxury.

so i guess this cedia must be having a 160bhp engine since it has a 6speed tiptronic transmission. but dont think you could save fuel on this car :action-smiley-060: