• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Some Advice From You Experts On Pajero Io

Dishan Francis

hello guys,

i'm looking to buy pajero io. i dont know much about vehicles still so thought to get some advice on you experts. i saw some mechanical threads on pajero io but i have few basic questions.

1) fuel - i believe its around 10 at least?

2) lot of people saying GDI engines casue issues. since im not expert i dont catch it any advice appreciated.

3) before buy it whats best place to take full check?

thanks

hello guys,

i'm looking to buy pajero io. i dont know much about vehicles still so thought to get some advice on you experts. i saw some mechanical threads on pajero io but i have few basic questions.

1) fuel - i believe its around 10 at least?

2) lot of people saying GDI engines casue issues. since im not expert i dont catch it any advice appreciated.

3) before buy it whats best place to take full check?

thanks

Hi,

Welcome to the Pajero IO owners club

I also got hold to a IO recently.Its an extremely good machine and worth for the value.

Up to now there were no engine troubles identified(72000Km)

Got problems with my 4WD system-stacked

Needed to replace tie rods,ball joints

Fuel around 10Km/l max

All the best.

For more details,contact "JDNET" the expert

Hi,

Welcome to the Pajero IO owners club

I also got hold to a IO recently.Its an extremely good machine and worth for the value.

Up to now there were no engine troubles identified(72000Km)

Got problems with my 4WD system-stacked

Needed to replace tie rods,ball joints

Fuel around 10Km/l max

All the best.

For more details,contact "JDNET" the expert

thanks mate for the reply. i already send jdnet a pm

Hey sorry I didn't get back to you. Been all over the place the last couple of days. Here's what I have to say to you and I will post it here instead of a PM for future reference. Anyway, like every other car out there, the IO too has one main problem that unique to this car. The problem is with the high pressure fuel pump that runds the direct injection system. There are a few things that would cause it's faliure, such as water, bad fuel etc. and the replacement will cost you around 60,000 for a used unit. If taken care of well and filled up with 95 octane gas it is a fasntastic ride and well worth the price. Other than the fuel pump there are no major issues in the vehicle. If you are looking for a turbo version, which is a bit harder to find, get the car checked by a mechanic. Turbo chargers on any car tend to be abused from what i've seen. As for fuel consumption, I don't drive the IO around too much so I'm not really sure. It does however do a whole lot better than my v6 tribute. Lol. Oh yeah and make sure you check the spark plugs and make sure you have the correct NGK part number. This would give you the best fuel savings. From what I remember I think the non-mitsu packaged NGKs cost like 1200 a plus at dsl.

Turboman,

did you get your 4wd shifter problem fixed?

Hey sorry I didn't get back to you. Been all over the place the last couple of days. Here's what I have to say to you and I will post it here instead of a PM for future reference. Anyway, like every other car out there, the IO too has one main problem that unique to this car. The problem is with the high pressure fuel pump that runds the direct injection system. There are a few things that would cause it's faliure, such as water, bad fuel etc. and the replacement will cost you around 60,000 for a used unit. If taken care of well and filled up with 95 octane gas it is a fasntastic ride and well worth the price. Other than the fuel pump there are no major issues in the vehicle. If you are looking for a turbo version, which is a bit harder to find, get the car checked by a mechanic. Turbo chargers on any car tend to be abused from what i've seen. As for fuel consumption, I don't drive the IO around too much so I'm not really sure. It does however do a whole lot better than my v6 tribute. Lol. Oh yeah and make sure you check the spark plugs and make sure you have the correct NGK part number. This would give you the best fuel savings. From what I remember I think the non-mitsu packaged NGKs cost like 1200 a plus at dsl.

Turboman,

did you get your 4wd shifter problem fixed?

Not yet mate

Its in the garage and i didnt have enough time.Hope to get it repaired in this weekend

Can you tell us what are the signs and symptoms of fuel pump failure?Better to identify it early ha ha ha

Bye

Not yet mate

Its in the garage and i didnt have enough time.Hope to get it repaired in this weekend

Can you tell us what are the signs and symptoms of fuel pump failure?Better to identify it early ha ha ha

Bye

I wouldn't say that there is a way to identify it early because there really isn't a fix to the problem other than replacing the unit. /the most common signs are; bad pickup, check engine light randomly switches on or stays lit, stalling, rough start. Besides making sure you pump good gas and keep your engine oil clean (it's lubricated with using the engine oil- if your engine oil was that bad you would have bigger things to worry about anyway), there really isn't much you can prevent a bad pump from getting worse.The best way to check the car is to take it in to the dealers and have them scan it and check the fuel pressure. Either way it's just a problem you will just have to forget about until it turns up.

Not yet mate

Bye

I wouldn't say that there is a way to identify it early because there really isn't a fix to the problem other than replacing the unit. /the most common signs are; bad pickup, check engine light randomly switches on or stays lit, stalling, rough start. Besides making sure you pump good gas and keep your engine oil clean (it's lubricated with using the engine oil- if your engine oil was that bad you would have bigger things to worry about anyway), there really isn't much you can prevent a bad pump from getting worse.The best way to check the car is to take it in to the dealers and have them scan it and check the fuel pressure. Either way it's just a problem you will just have to forget about until it turns up.

Before going for a used petrol jeep (suv) check it's real fuel eco

I don't think it does 10kmpl max can be about 8kmpl

Whell i had (and sold) it's nissan rival - x-trail

Varies problums in starter and electrics rest was fine yet only did about 7kmpl max well the mitsubishi vehicle will more reliable than the nissan though a little less in size

By the way most io's are yom about 2000 that means they are 10 yrs old

So check it well otherwise u'd have to say I bought a pajero IO (ayyo) :D

Varies problums in starter and electrics rest was fine yet only did about 7kmpl max well the mitsubishi vehicle will more reliable than the nissan though a little less in size

Oh my god you are so retarded.

1. The IO is not the x-trail's rival. The x-trail is a compact crossover whereas the IO is a mini suv. I hope whatever brain cells you have left will be able to comprehend that fact.

2. How is an x-trails problems related to that of the IO? It's two different companies and two completely different machines.

3. Have you driven or owned an IO or even sat inside one to offer your views on its problems?

4. If the guy had 6 million or so he would be out buying a brand new suv. The fact of the matter is that in this price range this would be one of the few suv's available.

Don't worry I don't think people would take your posts seriously anyway. You seem to have gained the status of Autolanka's resident retard.

Oh my god you are so retarded.

1. The IO is not the x-trail's rival. The x-trail is a compact crossover whereas the IO is a mini suv. I hope whatever brain cells you have left will be able to comprehend that fact.

2. How is an x-trails problems related to that of the IO? It's two different companies and two completely different machines.

3. Have you driven or owned an IO or even sat inside one to offer your views on its problems?

4. If the guy had 6 million or so he would be out buying a brand new suv. The fact of the matter is that in this price range this would be one of the few suv's available.

Don't worry I don't think people would take your posts seriously anyway. You seem to have gained the status of Autolanka's resident retard.

yeah my ideas are same as yours.

pajero io is a nice attracting lil suv,since i've bought mine about 4 months earlier & since there is no major issues.try to buy a sat nav,4wd version becase its more "market" (ha ha i think thats the word) than others.

*using it for 4 months the only "con" what i found is it cant fit bigger tyres than 235/70 /16r because of its suspension system.

founded when i replaced my tyres for high profile mud tyres.so if you want to put bigger tyres than oem you have to modify your suspention.

the summery-io is good lil suv....

Yeah...Toyota definitely sucks! B) i like the prof name :D

yeah my ideas are same as yours.

pajero io is a nice attracting lil suv,since i've bought mine about 4 months earlier & since there is no major issues.try to buy a sat nav,4wd version becase its more "market" (ha ha i think thats the word) than others.

*using it for 4 months the only "con" what i found is it cant fit bigger tyres than 235/70 /16r because of its suspension system.

founded when i replaced my tyres for high profile mud tyres.so if you want to put bigger tyres than oem you have to modify your suspention.

the summery-io is good lil suv....

Hi, I'm new to this forum and interested in a second hand suv, thinking about IO, vitara and rav 4. So about the IO, do any come in manual? Also, doesn't the 95 octane issue pretty much restrict its usefulness on long trips where you won't be able to get 95?