• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

what is the best European Vehicle For 18 million?

I have a budget of 18 million and i want to buy a European vehicle.

I had an axio hybrid for 5 years and i really want to drive a fancy European car because im tired of Japanese. Id go for a premio or an outlander if i were to chose a japanese vehicle and on a side note can you guys tell me if outlander is a good option? I mean i dont like to spend 18 million and then again spend more money on hefty repairs. I just want to buy and then ride free of repairs for atleast 1 year

So coming back to the topic, If the fuel economy is 10-12 thats not an issue for me. If the service cost is 100K that is also not an issue for me (these are what everyone says about European vehicles😂)

but my only problem is if i get a huge cost to do a repair of around 1 million😂 after purchasing.

If its like 100-200K thats alright.

My Europe vehicles choices are Benz Cla 180/200 - 2014/105 or BMW 3 series 2014/15/16 or Audi A4 2016/17 or BMW 5 series.

Please recommend me the best things to do. Thank you

Posted (edited)

Are you sure youcan be very diligent about maintenance and preventive service work ? and be very very diligent about attending to any issues ? Not to sound harsh and rude but you don't seem like the type who would want to be bothered by it as you want a car simply for the prestige.

The sad reality is old European cars will require a bit more attention and care as they get old. If the car had not been taken care of that well in the past, the service/repair needs could grow exponentially (most of these were bought by owners who wanted the prestige).  Besides the agents (who will charge a lot), good independent mechanics and parts sources are limited. So, it is not like you can drop it off at a roadside garage and expect the guys there to pop down to the local parts shop and get the car fixed.

Perhaps you should go for a Premio/Outlander. It won't be too much of a departure in terms of maintenance and care from an Axio. Granted there are some really good C and E classes around ordered and changed hands between car lovers and caring owners. Still keeping these really clean C and E classes will require you to invest a lot of time, money and effort.

Personally, I feel this is a bit of a huge departure from something like an Axio, and you are going to be miserable and hate the brand/s. Go for a larger Japanese car.  Then when you reach a point where you can afford a Euro car with warranty...go for it.

Edited by iRage
  • Thanks 1

For an F10 520D from 2012/2013, you need to reserve a minimum of 100k per month to keep it running. This includes insurance, annual service, tires, suspension, brakes, engine parts (oil seal, crank pulley, water connector, etc.), and small plastic parts. These numbers are based on a car with 100k mileage and 10k annual mileage, excluding fuel costs.

I have no information about other vehicles.

I would say CLA 180/200 has considerable repair maintenance cost considering vintage you are looking at. My CLA 200 YOM 2019 issues and maintenance cost is relatively very high compared to Audi A5 2018 i have. mind you Audi AC compressor had to be replaced recently and agents quoted Rs.0.9Mn and i had to bring it down from UK through a friend, the gas and labor only cost me 150K. so if you are buying a Euro need to ensure it is properly maintained preferably at the agents who do preventive maintenance in a timely manner (Though its bit costly). Also you need to have excess cash flows in an eventuality.

I wouldn't know about BMW's, how about a 2015/6 Mazda 06 or the 2018/19 Mazda 3. within your budget and with plenty of personality and relatively easy to maintain, agents give satisfactory service. Also the Honda Accord, i saw some going up for sale.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, iRage said:

Are you sure youcan be very diligent about maintenance and preventive service work ? and be very very diligent about attending to any issues ? Not to sound harsh and rude but you don't seem like the type who would want to be bothered by it as you want a car simply for the prestige.

The sad reality is old European cars will require a bit more attention and care as they get old. If the car had not been taken care of that well in the past, the service/repair needs can grow exponentially (most of these were bought by owners who wanted the prestige).  Besides the agents (who will charge a lot) good independent mechanics and parts sources are limited.

Perhaps you should go for a Premio/Outlander. It won't be too much of a departure in terms of maintenance and care from an Axio. Granted there are some really good C and E classes around ordered and changed hands between car lovers and caring owners.

Personally I feel this is a bit of a huge departure from something like an Axio and you are going to be miserable and hate the brand/s. Go for a larger Japanese car.  Then when you reach a point where you can afford a Euro car with warranty...go for it.

Spot on, there was a time where I was about to import a CLA200 2019 along with a colleague, and  but I backed off in the last moment. I ended up keeping my older fleet of Japanese Suvs and added a 2019 Vitara to mine whereas my colleague went through with the CLA.

Both vehicles have done approx. 20-30k km now. Both were brand new

So far I have not repaired anything on the Vitara, but nearing brake pad replacement. Whereas the CLA has undergone numerous sensor replacements, recalibrations, switches not working.

Various warning lights, dash panel not working, so on.

Besides all that they had to go in for updates at M**c S**p.

All in all, you may consider Japs to be a drab in our country, but given the realistic conditions we live in, consider a disposable sum of 2mil to 3mil annually at the worst to maintain a 2019 era Euro. These worsen with mileage. To utilize the services of a Euro which is after all a Vanilla Sedan in Europe, our esteemed dealers charge an abysmal sum.

Don't even run on the faintest idea of a 100K service, if you go ninja even a Vitz service can come to those figures. Most of the Euro sedans are rated for Castrol Edge or Equivalent, these run to about 12500/- per liter. Let alone to filter and labor charges.

Edited by tiv
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, tiv said:

added a 2019 Vitara to mine whereas my colleague went through with the CLA.

sorry for the OT - enjoyed your Vitara blog post when you bought the car - will you be updating it like a 'X-years later' post on how it's holding up, the niggles that came etc.? 

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Oreo Stripe said:

Guys Im thinking of buying a cla180/200 of 2014/15 and then keep around 1 million in hand if any repairs occur.

What do you think!

@iRage. @tiv  @Quiet @SamN

Or should just go for a cla 200 2017? And keep no extra cash in hand?

Looking at what actual owners of od Euros have said, I still think you should go for a premium Japanese car.

I also think you need to plan on keeping a large budget for repairs and maintenance/preemptive services on an annual basis. Don't forget that your Euro is probably going to depreciate a lot more once it comes under your ownership.

Once again, coming from something like an Axio, true, you will enjoy the premium features and the nicer drive. However, unless you are the kind of car lover who enjoys taking care of a car like a baby as much or more than driving it, you are going to be miserable. I really don't want anyone to hate these brands unfairly. 

I would say look into something like a Mazda 6 (like someone has mentioned), a Mark X or even a Crown or Lexus if one turns up within your budget (for your budget you might only find an older Crown or something like a Lexus CT).

Alternatively, here is a crazy idea: If you are hell-bent on a Euro, why not KEEP the Axio for boring daily drives and get an older BMW or Merc as a second car? We are talking about an E36 or E46 and W203s and W204s and others of that vintage. There are some old BMWs and Mercs that have been pampered and restored by car enthusiasts. These can be had for a much lower price, and you can keep a large portion of your 18 mil to keep the car maintained and repaired. Heck...get a W124...those things are built quite well and there are a few that have been really well restored. Good ones hold a high classic value as well. (I will let you know...this is a trick question :D)

Edited by iRage

17 hours ago, Oreo Stripe said:

Guys Im thinking of buying a cla180/200 of 2014/15 and then keep around 1 million in hand if any repairs occur.

What do you think!

I would advice to stay away from CLA's the build quality is not as good and not good at all on fuel consumption

20 hours ago, Oreo Stripe said:

What do you think!

Always go for the newest model when it comes to European cars. Newer ones have fewer issues, while older ones require more money for maintenance. I don't have personal experience with Mercedes-Benz, but a friend of mine had a 2017/18 CLA or C200, and the gearbox replacement cost around 2.5 million at a repair shop in Pamankada (not D*MO). Additionally, you can always see 20-30 Mercedes cars parked inside that shop. However, I’m not sure whether those cars are there for regular oil changes or mechanical repairs.