• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Corolla 121 - Different Grades

L board

Dear Friends

I am quite sure this is not the first time this topic came up. However I was unable to find a tread although I did a search. Therefore please be kind enough to shred some liht here.

Corolla 121 has many grades. G, X, LX, LX Limited, Lxi etc. Could someone please tell the difference (please add if I have missed any grandes)?

Also can you please tell which has the best demand? (Assmue we are talking aboutthe 2004 model)

Dear Friends

I am quite sure this is not the first time this topic came up. However I was unable to find a tread although I did a search. Therefore please be kind enough to shred some liht here.

Corolla 121 has many grades. G, X, LX, LX Limited, Lxi etc. Could someone please tell the difference (please add if I have missed any grandes)?

Also can you please tell which has the best demand? (Assmue we are talking aboutthe 2004 model)

Well to start with G, X and Luxel grades are JDMs and others are export market cars. Generally JDM's have a high demand. These grades in assending order would be X, G and Luxel. Luxel is the highest version with a 1.8L engine and with added options. However, i have seen only a few in SL. Within X and G also you get different grades like X assista, X Ltd and G Ltd. So leaving out Luxel, G Ltd is the highest grade. It comes with all extras in G plus Xenon lamps. There can be many differences to point out between these grades. G Ltd has as mentioned hight adjustable Xenon lamps, climate control air con, EBD, ABS, teak inserts everywhere and little things like the radio antena intergrated in the rear windshield so that there is no antena visible from outside.

Export versions found in SL are either bought brand new in SL or imported from Singapore. I'm not sure though, but i think XLi, GLi are ones from Sri Lanka while LXi and the like are from Singapore. However, these cars are clearly with lesser options than the JDMs and i even saw at one time that what was being sold in SL didnt even have ABS.

Also they are priced in the market accordingly. JDMs costs more than the export versions even though they have been adjusted to suit export country's conditions. Cars bought brand new here in SL has hard suspension and high ground clearance while X and G's have soft suspension and low ground clearance.

There are lot of grades when it comes to corolla's. I hope this has given you some idea.

Edited by Lalinda

Well to start with G, X and Luxel grades are JDMs and others are export market cars. Generally JDM's have a high demand. These grades in assending order would be X, G and Luxel. Luxel is the highest version with a 1.8L engine and with added options. However, i have seen only a few in SL. Within X and G also you get different grades like X assista, X Ltd and G Ltd. So leaving out Luxel, G Ltd is the highest grade. It comes with all extras in G plus Xenon lamps. There can be many differences to point out between these grades. G Ltd has as mentioned hight adjustable Xenon lamps, climate control air con, EBD, ABS, teak inserts everywhere and little things like the radio antena intergrated in the rear windshield so that there is no antena visible from outside.

Export versions found in SL are either bought brand new in SL or imported from Singapore. I'm not sure though, but i think XLi, GLi are ones from Sri Lanka while LXi and the like are from Singapore. However, these cars are clearly with lesser options than the JDMs and i even saw at one time that what was being sold in SL didnt even have ABS.

Also they are priced in the market accordingly. JDMs costs more than the export versions even though they have been adjusted to suit export country's conditions. Cars bought brand new here in SL has hard suspension and high ground clearance while X and G's have soft suspension and low ground clearance.

There are lot of grades when it comes to corolla's. I hope this has given you some idea.

Thanks a lot Lalinda. Your description in fact is very informative. By budget is 3M. There are corollas for that range easily. I saw few brand new imported ones with genuinely low mileage (agent maintained with history).2004-2006 YOM range and within my budget. They in fact did look good. I saw few JDM ones as well and still within budget. My only worry is their mileage. I don't think the mileages are genuine at all! Some had just 20k on clock but when you look at the state of the engine and interior, for sure they have passed 80k. What are your thoughts on buying the highest grade brand new one which has done about 20k?

Thanks a lot Lalinda. Your description in fact is very informative. By budget is 3M. There are corollas for that range easily. I saw few brand new imported ones with genuinely low mileage (agent maintained with history).2004-2006 YOM range and within my budget. They in fact did look good. I saw few JDM ones as well and still within budget. My only worry is their mileage. I don't think the mileages are genuine at all! Some had just 20k on clock but when you look at the state of the engine and interior, for sure they have passed 80k. What are your thoughts on buying the highest grade brand new one which has done about 20k?

Well, i äm surprised to hear that you could find a 2006 export corolla for 3 mil. If you could find one, then thats probably a 1300cc manual version. If its the 2004 late and above, the face lift model with the reverse lights on the diki lid, 1500 auto, those are generally in the 3.3 and above range. Yes, if you dont mind the manual which i think is a great idea, it should be a good buy considering the current options in that price range. If its a brand new bought from agents, check about ABS, chances are that its missing. Dont expect the same build quality, and comfort of a JDM.