• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Corolla Axio

fdk

Don't take it serious mate. a lot youngsters are driving AXIO s and some old people also drive Subarus and Hondas who are young at heart :D;)

Thanks mate..anyway i'm not a youngster anymore..so..it can be applicable to me partly.... :P

Agree on Rolla having better head space and rear leg space.. Didnt measure anything, but my previous Rolla felt more spacious on those aspects over the current Civic. :)

Maybe Toyotas are not just for the Older fellows mate, probably more towards people who expect just a "car", nothing else. Hilux and the Land Cruiser does have some character and are exceptions to this i believe. Swear to god i wont make the same mistake of getting a Rolla again. :lol:

Mate..i'm curious to know..If i want a Car ..can i expect more than a car?... :huh:

Well yes, if you want a car, you can be very happy with a Toyota. But if you wanted a good and fun car which is a pleasure to drive, now that's a different matter and not many Toyota's can do that except a Supra, AE86, Starlet GT etc :)

Did your Axio come with Alloy wheels and rear disc brakes? I hope you at least got these included for a 4+ Million car

Mate..front V disk break...but :( rear drum break.... :unsure: and alloys are not included...either...

Edited by AbeysinghE

pretty sad the cost more than 4 mil and no alloy wheels and rear disc brakes

Anyway man as long as you happy with the car enjoy it..

actually it cost me 3.8 million..but anyway i feel what you say is right..thanks for that man..i didn't care about that before..thats something to think about... :rolleyes:

If I had that sort of money, I really would have tried finding a BMW E46 320i+ :) They're just lovely cars, I always liked them more than Mercs even

i'm sorry mate my knowledge about European cars is very poor...How about the price of E46 ?...I really haven't drove a BMW before...I have had Honda, Mazda and now Toyota....

i'm sorry mate my knowledge about European cars is very poor...How about the price of E46 ?...I really haven't drove a BMW before...I have had Honda, Mazda and now Toyota....

IMHO....owning euro cars...especially used ones and slightly older ones...require one to know their cars a bit.

If you're the type who wants to pump juice and drive around, get it fixed anywhere without an issue etc... euros might not be your best bet.

If you notice...most folks here who own euros do know their cars and are the type mechanics have nightmares about :)

• Like 1

make up some wacky names machan. Say it has the ukusu doors, the devatha light and the thoran dashboard. one sure way of selling a car to an idiot :)

ROFLOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks mate..maybe i'll be remembering you all when i start to get problems..let me try toyota also... :D

Thanks mate..anyway i'm not a youngster anymore..so..it can be applicable to me partly.... :P

Mate..i'm curious to know..If i want a Car ..can i expect more than a car?... :huh:

Mate..front V disk break...but :( rear drum break.... :unsure: and alloys are not included...either...

Be cool dude. Its just 2 weeks here in A/L forum is not sufficient to understand how things going around.

Specialy, if you got brand new Maruti/Alto, looking for Corolla/Axio or may be opt for Prado rather than going for used Land Rover. And Allion in perticular. :sarcastic_hand:

Not a problem you choose to stick with Toyota's and other Jap cars, but we had a E39 in UK and that was like heaven sleep.gif So was aunts' C class and she got another after engine ceased, they're not too expensive there. It's a different matter in SL and as Ripper said, you got to know about cars to some extent if you're hoping to look after a Euro car. I'd be happy to get one and take care of it like a newborn baby, only funds object :(

Edited by BLu3HaZe

All you boys and girls who laugh at the term 'winker mirror' (not saying I don't myself :lol: ), have a squiz here:

http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com/catalog-detail.php?ID=7224

http://www.tradecarview.com/used_car/parts/2882260/

Here I was like the rest of you marvelling at the kooky descriptive names we Lankans come up with when in fact 'winker mirror' turns out to be the correct 'JDM' term :D

If I had 4 mill as a budget for a car... I would buy about 3.... A BMW E30 as a daily runner, a Volvo V70 T5 as a family mover and a mint condition BMW 5 series (E39 or 34) for those special occasions... :)

Still will have enough cash on standby for any... eventualities.

Interesting topic for a new thread

Niether I am an Axio fan nor owner of a sports car, just an average guy observing these comments. It really funny (and pathetic in a way) to see some comments on Axio reaching 130kmph, while hail on I reached 200, I redlined, my X,Y,Z car on various public roads. Just put my 2 cents in. :rolleyes:

Ha ha ha good one. Aiyo machang you are missing the main point this is an 'automotive enthusiast' community.....

taking the bus would be a even lesser headache. No parking fees, no insurance, no 4+mil upfront cost and no servicing problems. And if ur still iffy about spending Rs.10-20 a day on bus fair, and still cant find a way to spend your 4million buy a bus and put it on the route you take to work. That way the bus fair comes back into your pocket :P

On a serious note, yes we know some people buy toyotas simply cos they dont know a lot about cars and hence want to have as little interaction with mechanics as possible. Its not them we're laughing at. Those people are

1- people who buy a NZT260 cos the neighbor has a NZT240 or thinks

2- people who cry over loosing 1kmpl in fuel efficiency but go ahead and spend a hefty premium on buying a toyota to brak about their new 13kmpl car.

3- people who pose a hazard to everyone on the road yet think thy're cool simply cos they pushed a car beyond the limits its meant to reach (aka our new 130kmph buddy). Someone should show him those photos of the last guy who tried that in a black allion.

4- people who think saving 50k on a already overpriced car is a great achievement.

So, if you're not any of the above, you shouldnt feel offended nor bother explaining your purchase decision.

:)

Nice observation Dili. This is my take on your conclusion.

2- people who cry over loosing 1kmpl in fuel efficiency but go ahead and spend a hefty premium on buying a toyota to brak about their new 13kmpl car.

I think the main reason behind people inquiring about fuel consumption is to make sure that there car is in good order. For example say average fuel consumption for car X is 10km/l but your car X only give 7 or 8 even though you drive sensibly doesn't that mean there's a possibility something may not be right in your car?

3- people who pose a hazard to everyone on the road yet think thy're cool simply cos they pushed a car beyond the limits its meant to reach (aka our new 130kmph buddy). Someone should show him those photos of the last guy who tried that in a black allion.

Doesn't driving well beyond accepted speed limits pose a threat to everyone regardless of what you drive? Haven't we discussed here the fate of some of the most exotic cars in SL due to over enthusiastic driving.

4- people who think saving 50k on a already overpriced car is a great achievement.

An average buyer has no control over the selling price. So if something is over overpriced there's nothing much anyone can do. Look at the local commodity prices for example. So managing to save money on such circumstances is quite an achievement in my book.

As long as you are not getting into excessive debt and the point number 1 Dili has made axio owners, buyer, wanabe buyer have nothing to be ashamed of me think.

Doesn't driving well beyond accepted speed limits pose a threat to everyone regardless of what you drive? Haven't we discussed here the fate of some of the most exotic cars in SL due to over enthusiastic driving.

Not that I disagree with you, but don't most performance vehicles come with bigger brakes and generally handle quite a lot better than your average econobox, which really isn't built to be driven fast?

Sorry I do not agree with you.Different people have different preferences and different level of satisfactions.

and about

for some people 50k mean nothing but for some people it is there life time saving.So I really do not agree with this point.

I just mentioned what I felt.

Edited by vidu

So, if you're not any of the above, you shouldnt feel offended nor bother explaining your purchase decision.

:)

Sorry I do not agree with you.Different people have different preferences and different level of satisfactions.

and about

for some people 50k mean nothing but for some people it is there life time saving.So I really do not agree with this point.

and about

Yes we have established that different people have different preferences. Thats old news.

I doubt there's anyone here to whom 50k is NOT a lot of money. My point is, if u want to save 50k why are you buying a car thats overpriced to begin with. You can probably get a car of around the same range from another brand for much much less. Maybe even 100-200k less.

City limit 60 Kmph

Outter No limit neda ?

No, city limits are 50 and outer limits are 70.

Your wrong about that too. if 50k is their life saving they wouldn't be spending 4+ mill or however much ridiculous amount of money on an Axio, would they? Not applicable! Not in context!

No, city limits are 50 and outer limits are 70.

upz

Your wrong about that too. if 50k is their life saving they wouldn't be spending 4+ mill or however much ridiculous amount of money on an Axio, would they? Not applicable! Not in context!

NO offend

I said what I felt.I do not want to trow away money for nothing.

Yes we have established that different people have different preferences. Thats old news.

I doubt there's anyone here to whom 50k is NOT a lot of money. My point is, if u want to save 50k why are you buying a car thats overpriced to begin with. You can probably get a car of around the same range from another brand for much much less. Maybe even 100-200k less.

Yeh true But still it is not satisfying them neda ?

Yeh true But still it is not satisfying them neda ?

True, if a person just wants to get a freaking Axio whatever the case, he'd not be happy in getting any better vehicle at a lower price... Cuz he's blinded by myths people have spread in the society. IMO they know very little about cars if that is the case.