• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

2011 Mitsubishi Montero Sport Diesel Launched By Uml

Pericles

See the autoLanka.com FB for pictures from the media launch of the 2011 Mitsubishi Montero Sport, Diesel on the 18th Jan 2011.

http://www.facebook.com/autolanka

IMO the new model shape looks weak and dated against the competition- Mitsubishi needs to update their line-up...And by model I mean the four wheeled kind :) Nice pictures overall Pericles!

Edited by Kavvz

IMO the new model shape looks weak and dated against the competition- Mitsubishi needs to update their line-up...And by model I mean the four wheeled kind :) Nice pictures overall Pericles!

1+

I prefer the Kia looks over this.

great pics Peri!

especially of the car babes ;)

1+

I prefer the Kia looks over this.

great pics Peri!

especially of the car babes ;)

Well, you have to keep in mind -

3 rows of seat, with multi-zone AC

Its Diesel! 2.5 common rail IC turbo

And price (which a quick call to the agents will sort out since I can't advertise :) )

Mind, I'm not a huge fan of the face either, but, it is diesel, and it is a good move to bring it down. And the 2.8L unit is available on request too, apparently.

They did try to sell on HP rather than torque, which would have been more relevant on the diesel. Kinda made me laugh when the guy doing the presentation said its very powerful with 130hp or somewhere there. Tempted to point out thats not impressive for a 2.5l turbo, and to look up the numbers from their own Evo lineup :D

Well, you have to keep in mind -

3 rows of seat, with multi-zone AC

Its Diesel! 2.5 common rail IC turbo

And price (which a quick call to the agents will sort out since I can't advertise :) )

Mind, I'm not a huge fan of the face either, but, it is diesel, and it is a good move to bring it down. And the 2.8L unit is available on request too, apparently.

They did try to sell on HP rather than torque, which would have been more relevant on the diesel. Kinda made me laugh when the guy doing the presentation said its very powerful with 130hp or somewhere there. Tempted to point out thats not impressive for a 2.5l turbo, and to look up the numbers from their own Evo lineup :D

Kind of shows how much the chap doing the presentation know about Cars.

Tempted to point out thats not impressive for a 2.5l turbo, and to look up the numbers from their own Evo lineup :D

Well the Evo is gas (sorry I mean petrol) Best benchmark is the Euro diesels - BMW 2ltr diesels crank out close to 170bhp.

Well the Evo is gas (sorry I mean petrol) Best benchmark is the Euro diesels - BMW 2ltr diesels crank out close to 170bhp.

I didn't point out for a reason. I'm guessing the thing is tuned for torque, even if the marketing dept don't know it!

I do believe its a proper ladder frame chassis off road basher, even if the body panels might not survive :)

• 9 months later...

Guys,

Now that we have a few new Motero sport out there, was thinking if anyone has some feed back on this vehicle.

from What I heard everything is good in this except for the comfort factor. Is there any truth in that ? And how will it compare to the Fortuner ? I know the Sorento is much better in comfort.

Also it looks like most of the permit guys are buying this over the Kia. Maybe as its a newer model and Mitsubish. Which means the second hand market will be flooded in 3 years time. There are quite a lot of the older models advertised and the prices are very reasonable ( Around Rs 6 Mn) , but all of them are manual, which is the biggest drawback.

Montero Sport is a derivative of Mitsubishi Pickup (L200). Former version has 1980’s technology (4D56T engine) at least the new one has a bit more modern common rail setup.

As for comfort and handling one cant hide the origin, even with the multi link setup in the back ride and handling is mediocre.

Thai built quality is not as same as Japan, you will see this when you compare cars in the show room.

However on the positive side this has a ladder frame chassis which would make it better off road compared to Koreans on offer.