• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Vitz

raaajit

Just throw your ideas guys.

I bought a vitz in Dec, 2010. It’s a 1000cc, cost me 2.3M (directly imported from Japan)...ODO say 28K. 2007/9 (new shell) winker mirrors, 8 airbags, TV, JAAI, and Auction grade 4…

Pick up:

Not so bad, but with some weight it's bit low...

Fuel:

12Km/l (in city limits)

Maintenance:

(Considering the full service)

Air filter cost VIC: Rs.2100+ / Denso: 3200+

Oil filter cost VIC: Rs.2000+

Engine oil cost Toyota (4L): Rs.3300

Everything is bit costly I guess… :huh:

Interior:

Most of the things are “in acceptable level”.

Exterior:

Neat design. 10/10 :)

Yes. But during rush hour, where economy suffers most.

Agree every car's fuel economy suffers in rush hour :)

but think what will happen if this person go on a trip in the hilly area with the family and baggage ??

A users claims that the pickup is low with a load.Then wont the economy suffer when it have to climb hills???

Agree every car's fuel economy suffers in rush hour :)

but think what will happen if this person go on a trip in the hilly area with the family and baggage ??

A users claims that the pickup is low with a load.Then wont the economy suffer when it have to climb hills???

Imo, if you're someone who drives outstation or lives in a hilly area, or simply drives around with the family a lot, a 1000cc or even 1300cc car for that matter, is not gonna be enough. Vitz's are just small cars ideal for city use.

Imo, if you're someone who drives outstation or lives in a hilly area, or simply drives around with the family a lot, a 1000cc or even 1300cc car for that matter, is not gonna be enough. Vitz's are just small cars ideal for city use.

Buddy,

Now a person living in colombo can go on a trip to Kandy isnt it

So the what I mean is 1000cc is good for city use and if someones gonna buy a Vitz for family use go for 1300cc

:)

Buddy,

Now a person living in colombo can go on a trip to Kandy isnt it

So the what I mean is 1000cc is good for city use and if someones gonna buy a Vitz for family use go for 1300cc

:)

What I'm saying is that the 1.0l is probably as good as the 1.3l when it comes to fuel economy. In that context, why spend an extra 300 to 400k on a car that is no better at fuel consumption but accelerates quicker? That was my initial argument.

It doesn't matter whether the owner goes to Kandy or Katharagama once in a while, cause chances are he didn't buy it for it's long distance capabilities. But if he drives outstation a lot, or lives in a area with hills or whatever, then both cars might not be sufficient as they lack in power.

What I'm saying is that the 1.0l is probably as good as the 1.3l when it comes to fuel economy. In that context, why spend an extra 300 to 400k on a car that is no better at fuel consumption but accelerates quicker? That was my initial argument.

Machang, this is a very hard concept to grasp for pigeon brains I guess ...

It doesn't matter whether the owner goes to Kandy or Katharagama once in a while, cause chances are he didn't buy it for it's long distance capabilities. But if he drives outstation a lot, or lives in a area with hills or whatever, then both cars might not be sufficient as they lack in power.

Firstly its not 300k or 400k more.Its about 100k to 200k

for that extra price the owner gets a less nosier and more powerful engine :)

And of course a trip with a loaded boot and 4 people will reduce its economy :)

and Yes if he drives outstation a lot or lives in a hilly area both might not be sufficient as they lack in power (Agree)

Edited by kelum_wj

Actually I can understand your opinion that a person who buys a Vitz thinks only about the fuel economy and I respect your opinion too as you are a Pro member. But my Opinion is that spending 100k

more and getting a less nosier and more powerful engine is better. And bro less revving means less fuel consumed isnt it???

Actually I can understand your opinion that a person who buys a Vitz thinks only about the fuel economy and I respect your opinion too as you are a Pro member. But my Opinion is that spending 100k

more and getting a less nosier and more powerful engine is better. And bro less revving means less fuel consumed isnt it???

Kelum, First it is not 100K. The 1000CC sells at closer to 2.2 Million while the 1.3 nearly the 2.6 million mark.

Secondly this is a city car and should be viewed in that respect

Third what helps a car go up hilly slopes is not a simple matter of BHP or displacement. One of the reasons why the BHP figures of the new engines have gone down is because they develop a little more torque (I'm speaking generally, on this occasion I could be wrong), and you can always compensate for it through gear ratios.

The extra weight is probably thanks to the extra air bags !

Any way I think what we're trying to establish is if the Vitz 1000C is value for money and suitable for daily use, and whether it is worthwhile spending another 400K on a little more power.

While our discussion is probably not conclusive, I hope the OP can make up his own mind as to what is a worthwhile investment for him.

Incidentally the IKR-FE engine has been given the international engine of the year award in the sub 1L category :)

• Like 1

Kelum, First it is not 100K. The 1000CC sells at closer to 2.2 Million while the 1.3 nearly the 2.6 million mark.

Secondly this is a city car and should be viewed in that respect

Third what helps a car go up hilly slopes is not a simple matter of BHP or displacement. One of the reasons why the BHP figures of the new engines have gone down is because they develop a little more torque (I'm speaking generally, on this occasion I could be wrong), and you can always compensate for it through gear ratios.

The extra weight is probably thanks to the extra air bags !

Any way I think what we're trying to establish is if the Vitz 1000C is value for money and suitable for daily use, and whether it is worthwhile spending another 400K on a little more power.

While our discussion is probably not conclusive, I hope the OP can make up his own mind as to what is a worthwhile investment for him.

Incidentally the IKR-FE engine has been given the international engine of the year award in the sub 1L category :)

Bro,

If its 400k. Its absurd and agree its not worthwhile if its got that kind of difference :)

And yes the weight is because of extra air bags :)

Edited by kelum_wj

Bro,

If its 400k. Its a absurd and agree its not worthwhile if its got that kind of difference :)

And yes the weight is because of extra air bags :)

The sad thing is the actual price difference is probably only about 200K. It's because the 1.3 goes to a higher tax bracket (120% vs 90%) that there is such a price difference, plus I'm sure the dealer market also contributes.

Incidentally the Vitz also comes with the 1.5L engine though it doesn't look like anybody has bothered to import that one.

I also noticed that the 1000CC engine delivers its maximum torque at much higher RPMs than the 1.3L (6000 vs 4800 rpm) hence the noise and the revving necessary to get good acceleration.

Did somebody also notice the 2007 brand new Swift (Indian version) on AL classifieds for 1.67 million. I thought that was quite reasonable !

Just to compare the new Vitz to a more known car and which most people tell not to get the 1.0L, the March K11

http://specs.cars-directory.net/~compare?ids=MzYzNDQsMTg5NDksMTg5OTksMzYzNTA=

If you check the K11, assuming the fuel and passenger weight to be same, the K11 has a better power/weight ratio than the Vitz in both 1.0 and 1.3 engines. The fuel consumption is excessive for the K11, yes, but power wise, for a family, shows the 1.3L to be better as it's too much load on the engine when 1500kg+, especially for the 3 cylinder 1KR-FE. If you travel alone on flat land, the 1L Vitz should be the most economical, even stats show that.

Machan, I'm no pro member or whatever, I just hang around here cause I love cars.

Not sure about the less revs part. It does make sense though.

The sad thing is the actual price difference is probably only about 200K. It's because the 1.3 goes to a higher tax bracket (120% vs 90%) that there is such a price difference, plus I'm sure the dealer market also contributes.

I also noticed that the 1000CC engine delivers its maximum torque at much higher RPMs than the 1.3L (6000 vs 4800 rpm) hence the noise and the revving necessary to get good acceleration.

More revving means more fuel used isnt it?

Anyway not worth paying 400k more :)

Thanxzz Guuyzz for sharing ur valuable ideas......

I had decided and recently brought a 2008 KSP90 a 1000 cc 1 for 23m priz tag...Which having 32k as milage...

Deal been closed. :alc:

hey good luck and all the best raaajit :)

Talking about the 1L vitz

there is a 1L belta which has an additional boot too it really should have a 1.5L

When all 5 seats are occupied with adults and the additional boot full u should be Fred Flinsone to make it move. :angry-smiley-048:

What would toyota do next fit a motorcycle engine to their crown

Talking about the 1L vitz

there is a 1L belta which has an additional boot too it really should have a 1.5L

When all 5 seats are occupied with adults and the additional boot full u should be Fred Flinsone to make it move. :angry-smiley-048:

What would toyota do next fit a motorcycle engine to their crown

Dude, we get it... You hate toyota, its right there in your screen name. No need to keep going on like a broken record. Enough already!