• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Allion And Premio

rockerz

I've seen a few old Opels running around, but true, nothing new.

Yea, love the way it goes sideways biggrin.gif You must have had fun around the track with it! tongue.gif Do we have any here though? Not that expensive either second hand in other countries after all.

My cousin in UK has one, couldn't drive it on the roads cause i dont have an international drivers license.Had to take it to a farm yard :D

Boy it just loves to go side ways :lol:

No it doesn't but there was a pdf I got which showed it's very similar

Guess they were designed for fun driving, from the drivers point of view :) But the 3 series was BMWs entry level those days, so better to compare the 5 series

do you have to make bmw bring-out 5 series to compete with allion? stop shaming bmw please. 5-series is a wonderful car million times better than allion but it is in a totally different market price segment. bdw how much does a YOM 2007 5-series with about 15,000km on the clock cost?

My cousin in UK has one, couldn't drive it on the roads cause i dont have an international drivers license.Had to take it to a farm yard :D

you don't need an international driving license to drive in uk. if you are a visitor then up some time you can use your local license provided that your photo is there and name is written in english. however if you have to drive through for example infamous "handy-cross" (in bucks) then you might expose your self to an unnecessary risk, without getting a UK license proper.

Lucky you!! Would love to get such a chance man_in_love.gif

do you have to make bmw bring-out 5 series to compete with allion? stop shaming bmw please. 5-series is a wonderful car million times better than allion but it is in a totally different market price segment. bdw how much does a YOM 2007 5-series with about 15,000km on the clock cost?

No I was speaking of the E39, VVTi should be able to tell the estimated price, but think price segment is similar. And yes it's a great lot better than an Allion though older. No new Toyota's stand a chance pitted against a new beemer!

An old ad so prices would differ now but not too much http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=4834

Isn't that a much better car, even as you say, for a similar price to a "brand new"(but used in Japan) unregistered 260 with 'winker mirrors' etc.? :)

Edited by BLu3HaZe

E39 BMW pre face-lift 96-2000 would be around the 2.5 to 3.0 million mark, depending on the condition.... the last 3 year models up to 2003 can go up to as much as 5 million for Diesels.

But then, thats Allion territory... why waste a good 5 million on what is now considered one of the greatest cars ever when one can get an Allion for that much... :) With Winker Mirrors, Sccop lights and Push Start, mind you... :)

And it is Brand new with 'O' mileage!!!! :action-smiley-060: and you get a funky watch also. All for 5 million!

Premio seems to be a better car than the allion. There is a 2.0 premio G superior which is the highest grade and in that the interior is slightly different compared to a normal 1.5 F package. DBA-ZRT261 is the chasis number of the highest edition. But personally on lankan roads a 1800cc engine is a good one to drive and does not drink petrol as many plp think.

Becoz i am still using the toyota corolla JDM model luxel ZZE- 122(1.8l) and it does superb on fuel in city and outstation. And the new engines above 1.5 CC in toyotas come with a dual vvti engine which even do superb on fuel.

My advice do not go for a 1.5 go for slightly higher engine!!

you don't need an international driving license to drive in uk. if you are a visitor then up some time you can use your local license provided that your photo is there and name is written in english. however if you have to drive through for example infamous "handy-cross" (in bucks) then you might expose your self to an unnecessary risk, without getting a UK license proper.

Dude i was 17, didnt have license back then :)

LOL biggrin.gif Nope, just wondering about this fake wood mania like the wanker mirror mania in SL

It looks like wood but feels like plastic... :D who knows what????? :lol: yes mate you are right..actually whats the use of wanker or winker mirrors ?... :P

Lucky you!! Would love to get such a chance man_in_love.gif

No I was speaking of the E39, VVTi should be able to tell the estimated price, but think price segment is similar. And yes it's a great lot better than an Allion though older. No new Toyota's stand a chance pitted against a new beemer!

An old ad so prices would differ now but not too much http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=4834

Isn't that a much better car, even as you say, for a similar price to a "brand new"(but used in Japan) unregistered 260 with 'winker mirrors' etc.? :)

i just don't think that a car that is now 3 generations old can deliver attributes like reliability in much the same way as a new car. for some people those attributes that come with a new car are of more importance.

to me personally axio vs. e39, e39 wins coz it's more spacious, faster, lot more comfortable and price paid in terms of having to attend to repairs and social perception among "common folks" coz of the number plate is worth it.

however if you compare e39 vs. allion then all of a suddden you realise that allion is less comfortable but not too much less. allion delivers just enough comfort and smoothness. allion might deliver less speed but too little with 1.8L version. then the price paid on the bmw becomes unacceptable for some people.

few years ago i'd have chosen e39 over even allion anyday. now that wife and kids are there then allion just seems like the supposed "all-in-one" package for an average family man.

oh i am sure when this "so called" winker mirror is found on an euro car then your kind of people call it "Bells and Whistles" , so cut the crap please.

Edited by isurujosh

...Isn't that a much better car, even as you say, for a similar price to a "brand new"(but used in Japan) unregistered 260 with 'winker mirrors' etc.? :)

i too think these so called zero mileage allions that cost in excess of 6 million are worth it. spend under a mllion more and you can get your self a wonderful w204. but i think a 2007 allion 1.8L with very good aution level that can now be pre-ordered for about 4.3 or so million is a very good value contender against the competion.

i just don't think that a car that is now 3 generations old can deliver attributes like reliability in much the same way as a new car. for some people those attributes that come with a new car are of more importance.

to me personally axio vs. e39, e39 wins coz it's more spacious, faster, lot more comfortable and price paid in terms of having to attend to repairs and social perception among "common folks" coz of the number plate is worth it.

however if you compare e39 vs. allion then all of a suddden you realise that allion is less comfortable but not too much less. allion delivers just enough comfort and smoothness. allion might deliver less speed but too little with 1.8L version. then the price paid on the bmw becomes unacceptable for some people.

few years ago i'd have chosen e39 over even allion anyday. now that wife and kids are there then allion just seems like the supposed "all-in-one" package for an average family man.

oh i am sure when this "so called" winker mirror is found on an euro car then your kind of people call it "Bells and Whistles" , so cut the crap please.

Ok, take a deep breath and say all that again, but this in time ins English please... ;)

ko balanna. enna ukkug putha unlce gaawata engrisyen kiyala denna.

Is that how you Pick up little boys ? Is that why that 'butter' reference came to you very quickly? Does your wife know that you prefer little boys to her? :D

I don't get how the wife and kids change preference of an E39 to an Allion unsure.gif BMWs are very reliable when they're taken good care of after all, even older ones. And even a Toyota would give trouble if neglected due to lack of time cuz of the family...

As for the 'winker mirrors', it's obviously not used as a main marketing point for a Euro car, because there are many more important things to say about those cars :)

Edited by BLu3HaZe

I don't get how the wife and kids change preference of an E39 to an Allion unsure.gif BMWs are very reliable when they're taken good care of after all, even older ones. And even a Toyota would give trouble if neglected due to lack of time cuz of the family...

As for the 'winker mirrors', it's obviously not used as a main marketing point for a Euro car, because there are many more important things to say about those cars :)

if you think that a 15 year old bmw will be as trouble-free as a 3 year old toyota then i think we can politlely agree to disagree and stop going on and on about this. frankly these are the various advantages of allion that i see over e39 as far as a family man is concerned.

1) considerably less trouble-some to maintain. (a family man should have time for regular services, that's enough to keep a 3 year old car with about 15,000km on the clock up and running, reliably)

2) considerably more fuel efficient.

3) less depreciation over a typical 5 years usage time.

4) when something goes wrong like an accident then it is easier to find parts, especially those small bits and pieces that are very hard to find of rarer cars.

4) better perception among "common folks".

5) last but not least how easy is it to find a 15 year old car like an e39 in pristine condition, with almost zero rattles and noices, interior with almost zero wear and tear, exterior with zero damages and paint in pristine condition and perfect maintainenance history?

Edited by isurujosh

if you think that a 15 year old bmw will be as trouble-free as a 3 year old toyota then i think we can politlely agree to disagree and stop going on and on about this. frankly these are the various advantages of allion that i see over e39 as far as a family man is concerned.

1) considerably less trouble-some to maintain. (a family man should have time for regular services, that's enough to keep a 3 year old car with about 15,000km on the clock up and running, reliably)

4) when something goes wrong like an accident then it is easier to find parts, especially those small bits and pieces that are very hard to find of rarer cars.

5) last but not least how easy is it to find a 15 year old car like an e39 in pristine condition, with almost zero rattles and noices, interior with almost zero wear and tear, exterior with zero damages and paint in pristine condition and perfect maintainenance history?

+1 Agree to everything except number 4.

I can give you two examples.. mine is 15 years old too.. with NO rattles, still the original paint, 62k miles on the clock, and the only flaw on the interior is a broken clip on the A pillar. You'd be dreaming if you're looking for any brand of car with Zero damages specially on the exterior, unless the car was kept parked in the garage sine the day it was bought. Service is not as frequent as my Jap car, and most parts were cheaper too.

Some of the items I replaced all brand new except for the head light switch:

Original BMW spark plug (bought in UK) - 750/-

Brand new crystal fog lamps (Glass) - 10,500/-

Front grill - 3,700/-

Head lamp switch with AC vent - 1,900/-

Center arm rest leather cover - 2,200/-

With complete service history, the most costly so was replacing the transmission repair kit - 35,000/-. And mind you, this kit had all the moving parts besides the bell housing. Transmission oil is changed every 40k miles, unlike the Toyota's CVT oil, which is changed I believe every 20k KM, and costs about Rs. 14k (pls. correct me)

1) I'd think its being a bit over-ambitious hoping that a 3 year old car has done only 15000km. That works down to only about 13km per day.

3) i disagree, the 15 year old car has already gone through its largest depreciation phase by now... So in another 15 years, the 30 year old BMW would have depreciated less than the 15 year old Alion.

4) if you want to buy a car to impress your neighbors or the "common-folks" then you dont necessarily need to buy a 4.0mil car for it. A nice set of shiny gates with stainless steel n brass would cost a lot less.

5) for all you know the Recon Alion you might have also had a lot of dents and scratches fixed locally before it hit the car-sale floor.