• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What Is The Best Economical Car??

dhejasvini

me too i have tested my sister's car more than a dozen times and yes driving habits also plays a major role in fuel efficiency agree on dat point and can you give me some solid statistics on ur claim

Look dude, we have done over 17 without trying. And while we were going on a trip with 3 people and luggage (and my camera gear!), crossing a few mountains, not the coast road to Galle in the middle of the night. We aren't penny pinchers trying to squeeze every last kmpl out of the car. That's as solid as your getting. And that car is somewhat older than your 1KR.

Now if you want to drive it and see, if you look under "Forum admin and moderators" you'll notice the admin is a dude called Madz. Its his car. Ask him for a drive.

Look dude, we have done over 17 without trying. And while we were going on a trip with 3 people and luggage (and my camera gear!), crossing a few mountains, not the coast road to Galle in the middle of the night. We aren't penny pinchers trying to squeeze every last kmpl out of the car. That's as solid as your getting. And that car is somewhat older than your 1KR.

Now if you want to drive it and see, if you look under "Forum admin and moderators" you'll notice the admin is a dude called Madz. Its his car. Ask him for a drive.

freind once again can you give me sume solid "scientific info" just dnt talk out of the point

freind once again can you give me sume solid "scientific info" just dnt talk out of the point

well, if you really want to live with numbers on a rolling road in a lab, the luxel got 6.6l/100km (just over 15km/l) on 10-15 mode. So I don't think it's unreasonable that it got 17+ on a long run in the real world.

Dude, your Japanese websites are what is out of point. This isn't a scientific experiment. Real world numbers are what is being discussed, and real world users don't run around with measuring equipment in controlled conditions. Its been done. End of story. User experience trumps your websites every time.

Edited by Pericles

well, if you really want to live with numbers on a rolling road in a lab, the luxel got 6.6l/100km (just over 15km/l) on 10-15 mode. So I don't think it's unreasonable that it got 17+ on a long run in the real world.

If it says 15kmpl in test conditions it should be lesser than it in actual conditions with breaking and accelerating isn't it

• Like 1

If it says 15kmpl in test conditions it should be lesser than it in actual conditions with breaking and accelerating isn't it

yes, in city driving (the 10-15 is kind of simulating that, but without some realities like wind resistance; but it does have certain amount of acceleration and braking) it will be (much) less. but outstation would be a different story.

lab numbers don't mean much in the real world, but we had some joker who is repairing beltas that run on a rolling road in a lab somewhere outstation...

17+ is never unreasonable and to remind you the belta gets 22km/l on 10-15 mode, i quoted 17+ taking into consideration sri lankan driving conditions and if we take into consdieration sri lankan driving conditions in the case of the luxul then you can get a maximum of 13km/l

Dude, your Japanese websites are what is out of point. This isn't a scientific experiment. Real world numbers are what is being discussed, and real world users don't run around with measuring equipment in controlled conditions. Its been done. End of story. User experience trumps your websites every time.

My god pericels you say that the world renowned toyota's website is out of point!!!!!?????? you must be kidding right???

dats true "toyota sucks" these guys are desperate to save their a$%#@

yes, in city driving (the 10-15 is kind of simulating that, but without some realities like wind resistance; but it does have certain amount of acceleration and braking) it will be (much) less. but outstation would be a different story.

lab numbers don't mean much in the real world, but we had some joker who is repairing beltas that run on a rolling road in a lab somewhere outstation...

yes and we are having a big fat lair who has zero knowledge on cars so desperate to save his a%^$^ + he wont stop personal insults too and that reveals his character

My god pericels you say that the world renowned toyota's website is out of point!!!!!?????? you must be kidding right???

You need to start learning that what we pay attention to are things that happen in the real world in Sri Lanka, not online or in Japanese labs.

Also don't say daft things like "world renowned" websites. You clearly have no idea what that means. Not to mention that companies websites are a MARKETING TOOL.

Also, the Luxel can do better than 17, so don't LIE.

And BTW, toyota sucks was not agreeing with you. If you thought THAT, it clearly shows you have major comprehension problems. So everyone can just ignore all the drivel that you produce, coz its based on your fantasies.

yes and we are having a big fat lair who has zero knowledge on cars so desperate to save his a%^$^ + he wont stop personal insults too and that reveals his character

Yup, these people who use personal insults sure show there character. Like this cap quoted below.

again again a wrong conclusion plz do wash ur hands after u ####### pericles that shud solve the prblm definelty

n also u must be concerned abt ur hygien more than this

:rolleyes:

BTW, there is bullet point at the bottom of your "world renowned" site, which says in fine print -

Fuel consumption is given the value of the test conditions. Your use of the environment (weather, traffic, etc.) and method of operation (sudden acceleration, air conditioner use, etc.) varies depending on the fuel consumption rate.

At this point I would like to point out that our 17+kmpl was achieved WITH A/C and three people + luggage in the car. And Madz and I don't qualify in the featherweight category :lol:

You need to start learning that what we pay attention to are things that happen in the real world in Sri Lanka, not online or in Japanese labs.

Also don't say daft things like "world renowned" websites. You clearly have no idea what that means. Not to mention that companies websites are a MARKETING TOOL.

Also, the Luxel can do better than 17, so don't LIE.

And BTW, toyota sucks was not agreeing with you. If you thought THAT, it clearly shows you have major comprehension problems. So everyone can just ignore all the drivel that you produce, coz its based on your fantasies.

luxel can do better than 17 hikzzzzz :P

Yup, these people who use personal insults sure show there character. Like this cap quoted below.

:rolleyes:

BTW, there is bullet point at the bottom of your "world renowned" site, which says in fine print -

At this point I would like to point out that our 17+kmpl was achieved WITH A/C and three people + luggage in the car. And Madz and I don't qualify in the featherweight category :lol:

YOU ar the one who started personal insults and if im to quote then i will hv to quote everything you wrote

seems like the "big shots" hv backed offff ;)

senior members(in your words big shots) have better and useful things to do in this site than arguing with you about your useless facts and theories.

seems like the "big shots" hv backed offff ;)

Mate, the number of posts will not show how senior they are..If somebody is uselessly arguing and keep on doing the same thing on and on then he'll become a fool himself irrespective of whether he's senior or junior..(big shots or small shots :lol: )..I think rightly so the big shots have understood that it's pointless to carry on this discussion..There is a well know saying in sinhala called "Gahanna gahanna wadina ekath modaya, wadinna wadinna gahana ekath modaya" If somebody doesn't keep quiet first both will become fools.. :D

Edited by AbeysinghE

Mate, the number of posts will not show how senior they are

you are right about that mate i think the senior member status is count by how many years the member is with the site and in these years how active he is in the site correct me if im wrong. :unsure:

you are right about that mate i think the senior member status is count by how many years the member is with the site and in these years how active he is in the site correct me if im wrong. :unsure:

Yeah I guess thats the only possible way,even the repping sysytem wont work when there are some retartds.

guys please help me to find a good economical manual car..i dont care about resale value much coz im gonna run that for at least 3-4 yrs \...

my pics are

lancer ck2

civic eg8

nissan presea

nissan pulsar

pls help...need ur valuable comments

try Maruti 800 that is the best economical car in SL roads

yes you are correct..I just wanted make him understand that by looking at the number of posts he cannot decide whether he's a big shot or not..I think he did like that... :rolleyes: The number of years also cannot be a good deciding factor on this..I saw very recently a person who joined the forum on 2007 has posted his first post in this forum...so number of years factor we can omit. Then how active he is also a question..there are some people who were trying to over acting to increase the number of posts finally became forum trolls...I think the best factor to decide how senior is that the quality and the usefullness of the things he post here..correct me If I'm wrong nexus :rolleyes:

Edited by AbeysinghE