• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ck2 Or Marino??

dhejasvini

guys please help me to choose a car between ck2 and sprinter marino....this is going to be my first car...and i have zero knowledge in cars also...both acrs are going at same price..but ck2 is a brand new 96 model with sunroof...marino is sexy always and its a TOYOTA so no worries in reselling...but im not too concerning about resale value i need a good car which worth for money...and should be economical ....what should i go for ??

both are done same amount of miles pls help me................

i would go for sprinter marino having said that mitsubishi lancer ck2 isn't bad car either

to me both car are good just my personal opinion.

btw afaik reconditioned car has more option than brand new car. :)

i have xpirince on both and currently i own a CK2.. both are nice cars,

in your case Marino should litle older than CK2, if you are not considering the age i think Marino is a gud choice if both are same price.., i should say CK2 has much space than marino, consider that also...

if you dont mind what is the price?

@ CK2...both are 1.1mn...and 19- ones...pls help which car is worth for that price??....

I cant comment anything about the Marino but CK2 of cause I can :) .. I’m using a CK2 (’96 B/N) for last 3 years and pretty satisfied with the ride.. All I did upto now was changing its timing belt and rear suspensions + shocks..

HI dhejasvini well… im a proud owner of a Sprinter Marino since 2006. well I donno much about CK2 so im not going to comment on it that much but I love Mitsubishi cars too..

I would like to give you a little description about Sprinter Marino’s… but before that I have to tell you that im so lucky to buy my Marino over autolanka, it was a home delivered from JPN and the seller was a TRUE GENTLEMAN so the car was in genuine condition when I bought it :D.

Its the 1997 model with 1587 cc Twin Cam 16 Valve DOHC 2nd Gen 4AFE naturally aspirated engine. With a Manual transmission, Remember, unlike the GE,. The FE engine is built for economical purpose and not a sports breed.. but it has a damn good acceleration and it emits a sweet unique low guttural sound (specially when the exhaust manifold gets cracked after aging :D it’s a common phenomenon for these engines). 116 BHP @ 5800rpm and 13.9 Kgf*m of torque @ 4300rpm(tested in JPN by the previous owner) red line at 6000rpm and rev limiter triggers at 6200rpm (lol tested by me). These 4AFE engines are rock solid, you have to dynamite them sabotage those.. it has an aluminum head and an iron block, so don’t need to worry about oil sludge problems (that you’ll find in engines with aluminum blocks like 1NZFE). These engines are built to last a VER LONG time and BUILD QUALITY IS SUPERIOR the design shows no sign of cost cutting attempts. Remember now the engine has done over 145000 kms, i frequently shifts gears at the red line since I bought it and engine is still smooth as a baby even though she is 13 years old now. To be honest the sound of the engine beyond 3000 rpm, the acceleration and everything makes you feel so good… I haven’t even touched the engine or gear box or anything yet.. just have change the engine oil and usual general maintenance stuff (at the correct time). If you wanna more aggression you can always swap a 4AGE turbo charged black top or a red top engine which churns more than 220 Bhp with out any problem at any time. 4AGE comes with a 6 forward gear box.

The Marino comes with INDEPENDENT, factory fitted stiff suspension system. So its very easy to handle at high speeds, very agile and as it has a lower profile, the car is very stable all in all. But compromises the ride comfort ability a bit hehehe. . + Marino has less space inbetween the roof and heads of passengers, coz it’s a low profile hard top. But It has lot of room inside the boot.. errr kinda enough for 2 fully grown adults lol…

Ground clearance is low… and it becomes considerably lower at the engine compartment area. Therefore, game yanakote eeka prushnayak wenawa LOL!

Although, seats are deigned for 5 passengers. God has not yet created a creature which fits in to the rear middle seat.. it is not suitable for pregnant women at all, the delivery might happen with in few kms despite the number of moths.

Its equipped with an ABS system which is so awesome that even if you touch the break paddle while running over a small dich you can hear the ABS booster is being kicked on. Coz its sensitive to that small speed differences of wheels. I love that booster sound.

Car is equipped with dual air bags and passenger side crash bars. Im sure you will feel the doors are bit heaver than any model of other japanese car in this range even though the doors are frameless.

It has a small onboard multi functional display where it reports everything from clock, calendar to warnings like low oil pressure, individual door opening recognition, windshield wiper fluid and low fuel level etc etc... (but everything is in Japanese).

It comes with Projector lights for normal beam and then you have the head lights and fog lights all are located in their own chambers (you can upgrade the normal beam to HID easily)

Interior is very unique in design and its sexy. Like in supra’s everything in the dashboard/instrument panel has a slight orientation towards the driver. All the plastics and other fabrics in the interior are manufactured with very high quality materials, no deformation or color shading would occur unless the owner is careless and do something stupid.. in order to check if my words are true,.. park a Marino side by side with any latest corolla and compare it.

Everything in a nutshell :

A ROCK SOLID Vehicle,….. Highly Reliable, Durable and Sentimental and Sexy.

Marino is a “drivers car”.. its for ppl who loves to drive in the old fashioned way.. no much fancy electronics to take over your control.. its just you, the engine and laws of physics.

1.6 Ltr, Independent Short stiffer SUS, ABS, Dual Air Bags, Side crash bars, Auto A/C, power windows, power mirrors, power steering(hydraulic) 5 passenger capacity, baby door locks, Frameless doors, individual reading lights for passengers, Multifunctional Display, Projector lights, rear windshield wiper. (car stereo is not my concern coz engine provides me the music).

This car is built with QUALITY.. engine, body and interior are manufactured to last long with high quality materials….. (as it was manufactured back in good old 90’s,coz those days Japanese were still concerned about the quality rather than cheap production..)

Fuel economy is some what okay (EFI).. city limits 10-12kms/Ltr and outer city limits 13-14km/Ltr (Manual).

High availability of engine spare parts…body parts are available too (I have seen in delkanda) but bit harder to find but you can order those from Toyota Lanka which may take 1-2 months for them to get down from Japan. (The company have spares for these models still).

Hope you find my info useful.. if you need more info pls feel free to ask :D

Cheers, :alc:

Archon

Quite good analysis Archon :D

I don't think there is a lot between the two cars. A lot will depend on the condition the actual cars are in. Why don't you take a good mechanic, inspect both vehicles, take a test drive and decide for yourself rather than fretting on the forum :) In the end it is your money, you're a grown up and you can make your own decisions (and live with the consequences) :)

Edited by The Don

Quite good analysis Archon :D

I don't think there is a lot between the two cars. A lot will depend on the condition the actual cars are in. Why don't you take a good mechanic, inspect both vehicles, take a test drive and decide for yourself rather than fretting on the forum :) In the end it is your money, you're a grown up and you can make your own decisions (and live with the consequences) :)

well yea i agree with you Don ...actually it depends on the condition of the vehicle...i didn’t mention that routine checking procedure of a 2nd hand vehicle before buying, be-coz those procedures have been discussed many times over and over on this forum before.. hope our buddy would be lucky to find a good car in good condition. :D

Cheers! :alc:

Archon

nicely said The Don :appl:

:appl: :appl:

if both in same condition, same Age and same price i would like to choose Marino..

thanx very much archon.....very good analysis....from my inspection i found that the marino was well maintained by the previous owners but not by the SELLERS....its looks gud but....sellers are seems like dontcare persons...they only used the vehicle for 8 or nine months....so im in a idea to drop that particular vehicle...but not marino...

and Archon...do u sell ur one..LOL....jus kidding...

thanx to all for ur valuable comments and need more masters pls....

finally guys....i bought the marino at a gud price..i would say very gud price...its smoothly moving but having some probs in cv joint and shock mount...how much will it be cost to repair/replace those..pls help...

Edited by dhejasvini

Not trying to be difficult or unhelpful, but the first thing you need when you get a car is a good mechanic. If you search the forum you will find details of a few and you can chose one depending on where you live. I always believe the closer the better so why don't you go to the neighbourhood garage, get to know the people and have a chat about the repairs needed in your car.

My personal suggestion is if you have problems of the nature you mention, there is obviously going to be a few other things worthwhile doing.

1. Check the CV joints and the boots.

2. Check the shock absorbers and the boots.

3. Check the steering and the boots.

4. Check suspension system and bushes.

5. Check the brakes.

6. Change the timing belt and the adjuster, unless the previous owner can give your proof it was changed recently.

7. Do a full service and change ALL the filters.

The costs are very much dependent on how many problems your mechanic finds, and the labour costs of the mechanic. Part prices you can inquire by either dropping by the local spare parts store or calling a company like MM Organisation.

PS. If you don't mind, kindly PM me and let me know how much you got the Marino for. I don't live in the country, have no idea what things cost, and am thinking about getting a family member a car, so just wanted something to compare against, but only if you don't mind.

Edited by The Don

finally guys....i bought the marino at a gud price..i would say very gud price...its smoothly moving but having some probs in cv joint and shock mount...how much will it be cost to repair/replace those..pls help...

hey good luck with you'r purchasing dhejasvini enjoy your car :)

thanx very much archon.....very good analysis....from my inspection i found that the marino was well maintained by the previous owners but not by the SELLERS....its looks gud but....sellers are seems like dontcare persons...they only used the vehicle for 8 or nine months....so im in a idea to drop that particular vehicle...but not marino...

and Archon...do u sell ur one..LOL....jus kidding...

thanx to all for ur valuable comments and need more masters pls....

hehehe no dhejasvini im not selling her in near future.. :D well about the CV joints and things tell me what made you think that they need to be replaed ? do you hear that distinctive sound when you take a sharp turn? Hummm…. Im afraid buddy I have no idea of how much they will cost you but im sure you can find reconditioned stuff at delkanna and wijerama area if you do not find them in pachhicka wattha.. remember, when you service the car always make sure to go under the hoist and check all boots (CV/PS/shock ) and lower arm bushes and break pads buy your self…. If you have bad CV joints that means it was being running with torn or ruptured CV boots…dust and sand gets in to the lubricant and makes a potent abrasive past… that’s how they get worn out so quickly..

and to all you guys out there.. remember this also happens if your drive your car in flood water for couple of mins.. coz muddy /flood water contains tiny sand particles which sweeps through the boot ends and get embedded in grease, so keep that in mind too.

Cheers :alc:

Archon

@ Archon....yeah..i can hear some clicking sounds when im taking a u turn...

well dhejasvini i would suggest that you would do other immediate repairs before you consider the cv joint problem, coz its not a critical issue. Im sure you know that too B) . Anyway buddy enjoy your new ride I’ :alc: ll share you spare parts details and other useful information in the future so do keep in touch. :)

Cheers :alc:

Archon