• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Frequent Tearing Of Alternator Belt Pajero Io 1998

TURBOMAN

Kulunu',

Do you have separate belt to drive A/C or single belt only to drive engine power for other accessories.

When this Chiri Chiri belt slip noise started I first used belt dressing a spray recommended for belt slip it is available with only few dealers and the cost was Rupees 1400.00 for a 500ML can that solved the noise problem for another 200 kilometers till I finished the spray can I used that later started changing more than 4 new belts of low and high quality but after 2500 to 3000 kilometers of running it reappeared.

It takes a special kind of person to spend 1400 rupees to get rid of the belt noise for only 200 km. Can't say I'm the least bit surprised though, since you are that "special." Maybe you should have taken your vehicle to a mechanic whose name isn't sylvi?

It takes a special kind of person to spend 1400 rupees to get rid of the belt noise for only 200 km. Can't say I'm the least bit surprised though, since you are that "special." Maybe you should have taken your vehicle to a mechanic whose name isn't sylvi

Well.....Well.....Well.......

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..............

It takes a special kind of person to spend 1400 rupees to get rid of the belt noise for only 200 km. Can't say I'm the least bit surprised though, since you are that "special." Maybe you should have taken your vehicle to a mechanic whose name isn't sylvi?

[/quote

Janet,

First of all thanks for your comment I have made a error by not mentioning how many times I used the belt spray can.

I wrote about the Belt dressing spray can was Rs.1400.00. One round spray inside the belt and around pulleys will stop for 200 Km and reaper again until the complete can was over I spared the belt and the pulleys.If I remember I used that500 ML can for about 10 to 15 times.

What I wrote was my experience in poly V belt slipping and the remedy what I did for same. In early days industrial flat belts I have use belt paste where ever I have served in my technical carrier.I am a old school man I first repair if unable replace a new part. Today no technician is prepared to repair or has the knowledge to rebuild a part want to change to a new part.WE are in plug and play era Vehicle parts are not made to rebuild and reuse like good old days.

I very rarely take my Vehicles to some other person for repairs as I have all facility's and started life as school boy after school Blue collar worker in my furthers work shop in mid 1950. Only if i want to use a Engine Analyzer or on A/C Wheel alignment I get out side help. If not all repairs are done by me.

I apologize for incomplete information in my early post regarding the subject.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

1. Not sure why you're changing my username to janet each time you qoute me. I guess at your age you tend to do childish things.

2. I have no idea what your reply is about.

Hey....." BE COOOOOOOOOOOL" GUYS

Says THE TURBOMAN......The Most Wanted(Warning State 50%)

post-45786-026565600 1298277945_thumb.jp

1. Not sure why you're changing my username to janet each time you qoute me. I guess at your age you tend to do childish things.

2. I have no idea what your reply is about.

jdnet,

I apologize for same it was a typing error.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.