• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Restriction Of Vehicle Parking

SHANNON

Hi ppl,

There was a recent news about re-enforcing the laws on vehicle parking. Does this mean that we cant park on the side of a road? or only on restricted to parking on pavements?

anyone has an idea about the road rules regarding parking? :unsure:

Last night I saw a Nissan March beign towed heartlessly to the police station cuz the driver had parked it on the pavement :o .

Members,

If I remember this was announced on TV last night Today i saw police men issuing charge sheets for the offenders. Bambalapitiya to Kolluitiya junction it s not practiced due to new construction.

Police with municipality has to find and build some parking bays to park vehicles. in the city.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Earlier on, one side of duplication road was available for parking. You mean that it's no longer there?

There are a very few parking bays (if any) on the Dup.

'vishkid',

To my knowledge there are no large parking lots on Duplication road only opposite few parking lots are there Mahanama college during college closing time police allowed parking vehicles on the both sides of the road. Few business establishments have their private parking lots. All wide by roads are used for parking. There are Police men on every 50 yards during heavy traffic hours. Thy do not allow parking. I am not sure they allowed in last few days as I live on Galle road will check up and inform.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

In Duplication road they did not allowed to parking in both side except Mahanama college(only one side) or on payments.But it is legal to stop and take passengers where that yellow line is not there.

But without providing proper parking lots enforcing these kind of laws are not useful.Where people can park if they want to go place which they do not have their own parking space or current parking space full.If it is an Emergency ?

Also..i think they are gonna fine Jaywalkers too :D :D :D

finally!!!!!!!!

I think they are already fining jaywalkers in kandy.

A bit of OT but with the increasing number of vehicles and arrogant drivers its so hard to cross the roads safely even from a zebra crossing. Some drivers hit the accelerator as soon as they see some one trying to cross from a zebra crossing. They must establish some over passes for pedestrians on some of the main roads such as the duplication, highlevel and the galle road.

I think they are already fining jaywalkers in kandy.

A bit of OT but with the increasing number of vehicles and arrogant drivers its so hard to cross the roads safely even from a zebra crossing. Some drivers hit the accelerator as soon as they see some one trying to cross from a zebra crossing. They must establish some over passes for pedestrians on some of the main roads such as the duplication, highlevel and the galle road.

Technically, Pedestrians are supposed to have right of way, and its an offense if you don't stop at a crossing when people are crossing/waiting to cross. Cops can ticket drivers for that.

Well, I guess we'll learn to live with it.

Parking in the new Galle road will not be an issue because they are building parking bays everywhere - in the space we initially believed would be used to add another lane.

There are cops every 50 yards on all main roads of Colombo today :)