• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mazda Bongo Vs Cr27 Vs Delica L300

Reckless

Hi guys Im looking for a manual diesel van. My budget is around 1.3 million. The vehicle must be manufactured 1990 or later with registration numbers 56 to 250, must be comfortable and reliable. Im not much interested in the resale value because Im going to use this for 3-4 years. I have learned that my options are limited to Mazda Bongo, town ace CR27 (dolphin face) :D and Delica L300 PO5. I have not considered the vannete because many people say that its not comfortable etc. please correct me if im wrong. Although I have a little knowledge about the CR27 I have no idea about the delica or the bongo.

I would like to know you experts experience and knowledge about these 3 models. What is the best van for my budget?

Thanks

Hi guys Im looking for a manual diesel van. My budget is around 1.3 million. The vehicle must be manufactured 1990 or later with registration numbers 56 to 250, must be comfortable and reliable. Im not much interested in the resale value because Im going to use this for 3-4 years. I have learned that my options are limited to Mazda Bongo, town ace CR27 (dolphin face) :D and Delica L300 PO5. I have not considered the vannete because many people say that its not comfortable etc. please correct me if im wrong. Although I have a little knowledge about the CR27 I have no idea about the delica or the bongo.

I would like to know you experts experience and knowledge about these 3 models. What is the best van for my budget?

Thanks

i think cr27 town ace is best suits your requirement we have used cr27 Vanette and Bongo by those three cr27 it's more comfortable and reliable spare parts are more cheaper and widely available than Vanette and Bongo cr27 has good resale value. and you looking for comfortable it's best you go for flat roof one

Bongo and Vanette fuel consumption is bit higher than cr27 when you ride in Mazda bongo it's like riding in a cart same thing can say to Delica L300 because i ride in one. B)

good luck Reckless and hope this help.

Edited by nexus

Thanks mate thanks for your valuable info. Yes I also have experience in riding a cr27 (Newer 93 lotto model) Its both comfortable for the driver and the passengers. But didn't know much about the older (89-92 dolphin face) model. Too bad my budget is not enough for the newer model.

I really thought the L300 is more comfortable than the other two. Machan since you ride a L300 what can you say about spare parts availability and reliability?

Im looking for a high roof because im going to fix s a rear AC unit for the passengers (dual AC) if it doesn't come with one.

Edited by Reckless

Thanks mate thanks for your valuable info. Yes I also have experience in riding a cr27 (Newer 93 lotto model) Its both comfortable for the driver and the passengers. But didn't know much about the older (89-92 dolphin face) model. Too bad my budget is not enough for the newer model.

I really thought the L300 is more comfortable than the other two. Machan since you ride a L300 what can you say about spare parts availability and reliability?

Im looking for a high roof because im going to fix s a rear AC unit for the passengers (dual AC) if it doesn't come with one.

lotto model mean facelift model of cr27 afaik both models have same suspension system so both vans comfort is the same

i dont know much about it because we never had a L300 delica i dont know abut the reliability but spare parts are bit harder to find than town ace cr27

flat roof one can to fitted with a dual ac unit. we had both flat roof and high roof cr27 flat roof one more comfortable than the high roof one but if you are not driving on ac all the time at some times inside a flat roof one getting hot(specially in long journeys)

because of the low roof but high roof one dont get hot inside like flat roof one. :)

flat roof one can to fitted with a dual ac unit. we had both flat roof and high roof cr27 flat roof one more comfortable than the high roof one but if you are not driving on ac all the time at some times inside a flat roof one getting hot(specially in long journeys)

because of the low roof but high roof one don't get hot inside like flat roof one. :)

Yes I've also heard that the flat roofs tend to get hotter than the high roof ones. The only problem with cr27 is that I cannot find a properly maintained one under 1.3m, and the good ones I found are all auto transmission. :( I have not considered autos because they say diesel autos have low pulling power and high fuel consumption. (Please correct me if Im wrong)

On the other hand L300 and Bongos are cheaper, bongo being the cheapest.

Yes I've also heard that the flat roofs tend to get hotter than the high roof ones. The only problem with cr27 is that I cannot find a properly maintained one under 1.3m, and the good ones I found are all auto transmission. :( I have not considered autos because they say diesel autos have low pulling power and high fuel consumption. (Please correct me if Im wrong)

On the other hand L300 and Bongos are cheaper, bongo being the cheapest.

it's hard to find a good condition vehicle these days when you going to buy a van look for less owners one's.

yes you are correct diesel autos are sucks low acceleration and high fuel consumption when you driving a diesel auto it get bored real quickly so dont go for diesel auto go for manual gearbox.

Bongos are lot cheaper than the town ace but i dont think L300 po5 are cheaper these days

and L300 have a bigger engine than both Bongo and town ace and lots of L300 po5 are 4wd one's than 2wd one's. :)

Edited by nexus

yes some vehicles had 4 or 5 owners. :blink:

I have laid my eyes on a 54- L300 in kandy. The engine has been replaced and seems fine. Body condition and interior is ok. Its 2wd high roof, no full seats and no dual AC. Price is 1 million. what do u think?

yes some vehicles had 4 or 5 owners. :blink:

I have laid my eyes on a 54- L300 in kandy. The engine has been replaced and seems fine. Body condition and interior is ok. Its 2wd high roof, no full seats and no dual AC. Price is 1 million. what do u think?

i dont know much about the price of delica L300 po5 afaik they has low second hand market the easy way to find correct market price is read some news paper ads past weeks and try the

classifieds in this site then you can get a clear idea of the price of L300 po5.

p.s in kandy all ways vehicle sellers ask a higher market valve than lots of other places because of lot's of car sales around kandy. B)

i dont know much about the price of delica L300 po5 afaik they has low second hand market the easy way to find correct market price is read some news paper ads past weeks and try the

classifieds in this site then you can get a clear idea of the price of L300 po5.

p.s in kandy all ways vehicle sellers ask a higher market valve than lots of other places because of lot's of car sales around kandy. B)

Yeah I agree with you machan most vehicles in kandy are a little bit over priced. Yes I checked the classifieds and some were quoting 1.2m for the exact spec vehicles, but I will keep searching. Thanks for your valuable info machan.

Yeah I agree with you machan most vehicles in kandy are a little bit over priced. Yes I checked the classifieds and some were quoting 1.2m for the exact spec vehicles, but I will keep searching. Thanks for your valuable info machan.

Good luck with your search Reckless. :)

We had both P25V (4 wheel version of po5), and a TOWNACE CR27 (LOTTO)

Townace is good too. Very comfortable. But after all I like the po25. it came with 4d56 turbo intercooler engine with loads of power and many more options like dual air condition, sun roof...etc. we sold it for 1 million about one year back.

Fuel consumption wise townace is lot better.

I also has driven a 2wd po5. I recommend not to go for that coz its bit bouncing. Generally PO5’s are good work horses, but parts are expensive.

Both the models have ups and downs. If for family use, I think u better off going to a CR27.

Thanx machan for your valuable info. Yeah I also heard that the po5 2wd is a bit bouncy and not comfortable for the passengers, to make matters worse the one I looked was the longer model. So after considering all the points you and nexus has given me I have made up my mind to go for a CR27.

Well I just looked at a 1990 townace, well its actually listed as cr36 (please explain what this model no is). Its the older townace model (dolphin face) but full lights on the front and the rear. Highroof, manual, 4wd, dual AC, 4 doors and adjustable seats. The reg no is 56-xxxx Engine is the older 2C engine and not the so called 2C "Molli" :D engine (I would also like to know what are the deference between these two engines) Engine, interior and body is in good condition. But the damn thing has 10 previous owners on the book!! :blink: The asking price is 1.19m. What do you guys think? is this thing worth it??

Thanx machan for your valuable info. Yeah I also heard that the po5 2wd is a bit bouncy and not comfortable for the passengers, to make matters worse the one I looked was the longer model. So after considering all the points you and nexus has given me I have made up my mind to go for a CR27.

Well I just looked at a 1990 townace, well its actually listed as cr36 (please explain what this model no is). Its the older townace model (dolphin face) but full lights on the front and the rear. Highroof, manual, 4wd, dual AC, 4 doors and adjustable seats. The reg no is 56-xxxx Engine is the older 2C engine and not the so called 2C "Molli" :D engine (I would also like to know what are the deference between these two engines) Engine, interior and body is in good condition. But the damn thing has 10 previous owners on the book!! :blink: The asking price is 1.19m. What do you guys think? is this thing worth it??

cr36 meaning is a 4Wd version of town ace i think full lights on the front and the rear are recently add ons unless it is a sky roof model(full option one)

the difference between 2c engine and 2c molli engine is the brake clutch comes on top of the engine in 2c molli engine some claims it is good on braking other than that both engine are same usually cr 27 come with normal 2c engine the reason it fitted with 2c molli engine is it is hard to find a 2c engine these days. so dont worry it is a plus point it fitted with 2c molli engine. :)

considering the crazy price they are asking for town ace it is a reasonable price because of option it has.

p.s we used to own a old 57 vanette. it has a 13 previous owners on it book

cr36 meaning is a 4Wd version of town ace i think full lights on the front and the rear are recently add ons unless it is a sky roof model(full option one)

the difference between 2c engine and 2c molli engine is the brake clutch comes on top of the engine in 2c molli engine some claims it is good on braking other than that both engine are same usually cr 27 come with normal 2c engine the reason it fitted with 2c molli engine is it is hard to find a 2c engine these days. so dont worry it is a plus point it fitted with 2c molli engine. :)

considering the crazy price they are asking for town ace it is a reasonable price because of option it has.

p.s we used to own a old 57 vanette. it has a 13 previous owners on it book

Thanks machan for your explanations. No this isnt a full option one, no power windows and no sky roof. I also think that the full lights are recently fitted. But anyway it enhances the appearance little bit. This doesn't have the Molli engine machan it has the normal 2c engine which has been repaired. We did a test run and it puffed out some black smoke from the rear when climbing a small hill from the middle. other than that pulling power is ok.

You are right machan its hard to find a 2-3 owners for a 20 year old vehicle. Even if there are 20 owners if the vehicle has been looked after well I think its ok.

Edited by Reckless

Thanks machan for your explanations. No this isnt a full option one, no power windows and no sky roof. I also think that the full lights are recently fitted. But anyway it enhances the appearance little bit. This doesn't have the Molli engine machan it has the normal 2c engine which has been repaired. We did a test run and it puffed out some black smoke from the rear when climbing a small hill from the middle. other than that pulling power is ok.

You are right machan its hard to find a 2-3 owners for a 20 year old vehicle. Even if there are 20 owners if the vehicle has been looked after well I think its ok.

sorry about it mate i miss read it :D afaik it's normal to be black smoke in diesel engine they say better safe than sorry so check oil level and condition.

you are right if vehicle has maintained well it's ok

Dear mate, I also looking for a similler kind of vehicle like reckless, like to suggest serena, think it is low price and options (correct me if i wrong)

yes it is low price afaik serena has low second hand market and it famous for being unstable i heard stories about serena has more accidents rate than other vehicles.

Edited by nexus

Dear mate, I also looking for a similler kind of vehicle like reckless, like to suggest serena, think it is low price and options (correct me if i wrong)

For some info about the serena take a look at this Autolanka thread. Although it has the looks and the price is low I wont ever go for one of those.

I finally decided to go for the cr36. Will be bringing her to kandy from colombo today afternoon. B) Hope we make it through kadugannawa without any issues.. :)

For some info about the serena take a look at this Autolanka thread. Although it has the looks and the price is low I wont ever go for one of those.

I finally decided to go for the cr36. Will be bringing her to kandy from colombo today afternoon. B) Hope we make it through kadugannawa without any issues.. :)

good luck Reckless on your journey back to kandy. :)

ow that thing didnt work out mates.. we had a slight money issue and the vehicle has been sold. :action-smiley-060: Guess Im back to square one.. :(

and another thing, Why is the resale value low on 5 door vans? is it true that 5 doors body are weaker than 4 doors? is there any truth behind this? I have heard most newer CR42 townaces come with 5 doors? the resale value is low on 4wd vehicles also..

ow that thing didnt work out mates.. we had a slight money issue and the vehicle has been sold. :action-smiley-060: Guess Im back to square one.. :(

and another thing, Why is the resale value low on 5 door vans? is it true that 5 doors body are weaker than 4 doors? is there any truth behind this? I have heard most newer CR42 townaces come with 5 doors? the resale value is low on 4wd vehicles also..

sorry to hear that Reckless. afaik the truth about 5 door vans is stronger than 4door vans it is market manipulation done by car salesman same thing can say to 4wd as well but in 4wd give less fuel mileage than 2wd and van is heavier and parts are expensive than 2wd.

The 5 door van is weaker than a 4 door, but not so much to a sense that it is unsafe. When engineers have to cut out body work for doors, they re enforce the body work to reduce flex, which makes the vehicle a little heavier as well. I personally don't think of it as a big issue.

The 4WD system obviously makes the vehicle heavier but also for reasons I can't explain results in tyre wear and are not as economical to run. (added weight, more moving components to maintain, 4WD unnecessary for city use etc etc)

The 5 door van is weaker than a 4 door, but not so much to a sense that it is unsafe. When engineers have to cut out body work for doors, they re enforce the body work to reduce flex, which makes the vehicle a little heavier as well. I personally don't think of it as a big issue.

The 4WD system obviously makes the vehicle heavier but also for reasons I can't explain results in tyre wear and are not as economical to run. (added weight, more moving components to maintain, 4WD unnecessary for city use etc etc)

with all do respect The Don. lots of mechanics says 5 door van are stronger than 4door vans

afaik they are two more pillars in 5 door van correct me if im wrong. :)