• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ae100 Fb14 Demio

Heshan Manamperi

Comfort, this is very subjective but I think the AE100 is arguably the most comfortable and the Demio being a small hatchback is the least comfortable.

Feature wise the FB14 is model newer than the AE100 so likely to contain more features, particularly Airbags.

Economy, I'm not 100% sure about this but the Demio might be the most economical, being a rather small car and what I've read in this forum suggests the AE100 might be a little bit economical than the FB14.

I suggest you take a test drive in all three and decide for yourself.

Edited by The Don
  • Like 1

Guys,

Pls help me for a best buy when consider about Comfort, features, and economy.

FB14 1997 super saloon

AE 100 1992 Se limited

Mazda Demio 2000/2001 model

comfort and features are lot same in both fb14 super saloon and ae100 se limited mazda demio has best fuel economy out of three and newer car than fb14 and ae100.

Edited by nexus

Mazda spares are generally little scarce when compared to other mainstream brands like toyota, nissan etc.

But in Colombo...almost all parts can be found afaik. Not 100% sure if it's the same for Demio. You can call up the mazda parts joints and check up.

however..finding body parts might be a little tough...

Thankx guys,

What would you think about Mazda demio spare parts & resale value?

it's not have a good resale value comparing to corolla and sunny. in colombo you can find spare parts without to much hustle but in other places it's little herd to find.

Edited by nexus

Guys,

FB14 1997 super saloon

AE 100 1992 Se limited

Drop AE100 from ur target list.

Go for FB14 if u like sedan, else Demio

Demio is the most economical.

Nissan is the most comfortable.

FB14 parts are very easy to find.

Guys,

FB14 1997 super saloon

AE 100 1992 Se limited

The way I see it, your AE100 is 19 years old, the FB14 is 14 years old and the Demio is 10 years old. Everything depends on how the three have been used/abused/battered/tortured/repaired/recycled etc. in the past 19/14/10 years.

When we talk about economy, let's not forget the maintenance costs. Older vehicles may have a higher chance of breaking down (again it depends on how the vehicle has spent its past 19/14/10 years).

If I were you, I wouldn't consider the AE100 at all and compare the two remaining cars with lots of bias towards the newer one. It's just my way of thinking. Hope this helps.

Drop AE100 from ur target list.

Go for FB14 if u like sedan, else Demio

Demio is the most economical.

Nissan is the most comfortable.

FB14 parts are very easy to find.

what a pathetic way to think! first of all have you used all these 3 cars to come up with absurd comments??? in my case i have used both ae 100 and fb 14 but not a demio instead a familia.

how the hell on earth you say fb14 is comfortable than ae 100? and how would you say the demio is economical than ae 100? are you out of your mind???

though demio has a 1.3 litre engine its not very good on fuel. instead 5A-FE engine of 1.5 litre ae 100 does much better on fuel. easily around 11 in town and 15 out station on a manual tranny!

like fb 14. ae 100 spares too can be found on every corner of the island. body parts are a bit scarce due to the age of the vehicle.

but ae 100 is defenetely more comfortable than the fb14 front loose saupension and it doesnt even have rear independent suspension. instead its got a " gon polla" :P

only advantage of the fb14 is its a newer model and got airbags and ample spares in any corner of the island.

demio spares are not that common. and only plus point is its a newer model.

im just giving you the pros and cons of each model. the decion is yours!

what a pathetic way to think! first of all have you used all these 3 cars to come up with absurd comments??? in my case i have used both ae 100 and fb 14 but not a demio instead a familia.

how the hell on earth you say fb14 is comfortable than ae 100? and how would you say the demio is economical than ae 100? are you out of your mind???

though demio has a 1.3 litre engine its not very good on fuel. instead 5A-FE engine of 1.5 litre ae 100 does much better on fuel. easily around 11 in town and 15 out station on a manual tranny!

like fb 14. ae 100 spares too can be found on every corner of the island. body parts are a bit scarce due to the age of the vehicle.

but ae 100 is defenetely more comfortable than the fb14 front loose saupension and it doesnt even have rear independent suspension. instead its got a " gon polla" :P

only advantage of the fb14 is its a newer model and got airbags and ample spares in any corner of the island.

demio spares are not that common. and only plus point is its a newer model.

im just giving you the pros and cons of each model. the decion is yours!

Guys,

Thanks a lot for comments. Any way I have to test drive of those models before buy. Its very difficult to find out good condition AE100 on these days. Again Thanks Guys

Guys,

Thanks a lot for comments. Any way I have to test drive of those models before buy. Its very difficult to find out good condition AE100 on these days. Again Thanks Guys

On the contrary Heshan, The AE100 has aged quite well I feel. I've come across lots of examples in pristine condition. It was a very well built car. If you're struggling to find a good example, look a little away from Colombo and you'll find many.

Also consider the Pulsar CJ2.

On the contrary Heshan, The AE100 has aged quite well I feel. I've come across lots of examples in pristine condition. It was a very well built car. If you're struggling to find a good example, look a little away from Colombo and you'll find many.

Also consider the Pulsar CJ2.

i think it was an all time design of toyota. that was my first car. bult in 1994 and had 94k on the clock when i bought it as the second owner. that was a wonderful car. like you said now its bit diffcult to find well maintained ones! i moved on to civics and mazdas subsequently but i still love that car for some reason.. that 5A-FE is a damn reliable workhorse!