• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Break Pedal Goes Down

mensoft

Question

Hi Everyone ,

My car break Pedal is goes down when i want to break . but the break want get apply . and again and again if i release and pres the pedal 2-3 times . its getting break . but again few while it goes down. when want to break have to press gew times then only pedal is ok .

wt to do ?

Thanks

23 answers to this question

The most likely cause is fluid loss through break liners or issues with the master cylinder. First thing to check is if the break oil level has gone down. If it is there is a fluid leak, probably through the rear break liners. Get it attended to quickly, or you might end up in a ditch somewhere !

When you get a problem like this the first place to go is your local mechanic NOT the Autolanka forum :)

The most likely cause is fluid loss through break liners or issues with the master cylinder. First thing to check is if the break oil level has gone down. If it is there is a fluid leak, probably through the rear break liners. Get it attended to quickly, or you might end up in a ditch somewhere !

When you get a problem like this the first place to go is your local mechanic NOT the Autolanka forum :)

i had the same issue with clutch paddle reulting the change of master cylinder washer 2 times within 3000km..my could this be due to a bad master cylinder? my worry is this could happen again at a crucial time on the road.

actually the same thing your saying said one of my friend also. to check the oil level . there is not going down on it . its on a exactly max level.

i had the same issue with clutch paddle reulting the change of master cylinder washer 2 times within 3000km..my could this be due to a bad master cylinder? my worry is this could happen again at a crucial time on the road.

Yes and there is a repair kit just for that purpose, which usually does the trick. The most important thing is not to waste time procrastinating but rather to get it sorted out. I was once left with no breaks after experiencing symptoms like this.

actually the same thing your saying said one of my friend also. to check the oil level . there is not going down on it . its on a exactly max level.

Thus the reason it would be the booster.

On another note...why the hell are you driving around in a car that you know has bad brakes? If you want to kill yourself that's fine, but, you may end up killing some other guy on the road.

Yes and there is a repair kit just for that purpose, which usually does the trick. The most important thing is not to waste time procrastinating but rather to get it sorted out. I was once left with no breaks after experiencing symptoms like this.

don! when it happened the first time i used the repair kit! then after 2500km the washer went bad again! im afraid i will have to replace the master cylinder. or could it be due to dirt in the oil?

Thus the reason it would be the booster.

On another note...why the hell are you driving around in a car that you know has bad brakes? If you want to kill yourself that's fine, but, you may end up killing some other guy on the road.

NOTE

Who the hell said that Im driving the car on road ? I said the problem that I have.

That's what you implied with this sentence:

"My car break Pedal is goes down when i want to break . but the break want get apply "

Ah! yeah yeah thats true . but i didn't say I'm going on the road that way . i just finger the issue that way . any way your Right SIR . I just want a solution and what to do for this .

don! when it happened the first time i used the repair kit! then after 2500km the washer went bad again! im afraid i will have to replace the master cylinder. or could it be due to dirt in the oil?

It's possible the unit has degraded beyond the point that replacing the washers aren't enough to rectify the problem. It could be the break oil is dirty or simply the cylinder housing has just worn out so needs to be re sleeved ! If the problem is that the clutch isn't disengaging properly it's worthwhile inspecting the pressure plate as well.

It's possible the unit has degraded beyond the point that replacing the washers aren't enough to rectify the problem. It could be the break oil is dirty or simply the cylinder housing has just worn out so needs to be re sleeved ! If the problem is that the clutch isn't disengaging properly it's worthwhile inspecting the pressure plate as well.

no issue with clutch engagement, its just that clutch pedal lost the pressure all of a sudden..feel like trying out with changing the break oil and if happens again then i will have to resleeve the cylinder or to replace the same.

no issue with clutch engagement, its just that clutch pedal lost the pressure all of a sudden..feel like trying out with changing the break oil and if happens again then i will have to resleeve the cylinder or to replace the same.

The oil might contribute if its got moisture in it which will result in a bit of spongyness ..... In your car is the oil reservoir for the clutch shared with the brakes ?

At certain ages its normal to have your Brake Pedal go down. Its nothing to get alarmed about. Main thing is not to worry. Brake Pedal goes down when you really need to brake due to many reasons, psychological and physiological and sometimes weather plays a part too and sometimes background noise or thinking of your grand mother also causes the Brake Pedal to go down. At times like this first you have to check that all brake lines are ok and you are not leaking anywhere, sometimes Brake Fluid leaks out prematurely and this also causes Brake Pedal to go down. Sometimes its not you, its her, I mean, you know, the car. But main thing is not to worry. Next time you take her out and pump your brakes and check to see if brakes gets harder, if it does and you still feel that the Brake PEdal is going down, I seriously think you should stop asking and reading what on the forums and get your Brake Pedals checked by a qualified mechanic, as a Brake Pedal that goes down at a heightened moment of excitement, will cause a Godforsaken crash and there will be a mess on the shee,,, I mean the street.

So there... :)

• Like 1

The oil might contribute if its got moisture in it which will result in a bit of spongyness ..... In your car is the oil reservoir for the clutch shared with the brakes ?

yeah..it shares with break reservoir. how can we identify whether the oil is in good condition or not?

At certain ages its normal to have your Brake Pedal go down. Its nothing to get alarmed about. Main thing is not to worry. Brake Pedal goes down when you really need to brake due to many reasons, psychological and physiological and sometimes weather plays a part too and sometimes background noise or thinking of your grand mother also causes the Brake Pedal to go down. At times like this first you have to check that all brake lines are ok and you are not leaking anywhere, sometimes Brake Fluid leaks out prematurely and this also causes Brake Pedal to go down. Sometimes its not you, its her, I mean, you know, the car. But main thing is not to worry. Next time you take her out and pump your brakes and check to see if brakes gets harder, if it does and you still feel that the Brake PEdal is going down, I seriously think you should stop asking and reading what on the forums and get your Brake Pedals checked by a qualified mechanic, as a Brake Pedal that goes down at a heightened moment of excitement, will cause a Godforsaken crash and there will be a mess on the shee,,, I mean the street.

So there... :)

Yeh,

If his break pedal is going down using autolanka is not a cure.

There will be many sites which will help stop his break pedal going down :D

Yeh,

If his break pedal is going down using autolanka is not a cure.

There will be many sites which will help stop his break pedal going down :D

maybe you can recommend some of your own creations like www.welovemarijuana.com :action-smiley-060:

Hi Everyone ,

My car break Pedal is goes down when i want to break . but the break want get apply . and again and again if i release and pres the pedal 2-3 times . its getting break . but again few while it goes down. when want to break have to press gew times then only pedal is ok .

wt to do ?

Thanks

Same thing happened to my corolla EE102 on Jan last year, no leaks, liners are ok. then try to service the master pump using repair kit, could not able do it due to the wear of cylinder, then replaced with a second hand master pump... up-to-date no issue....

Edited by anjulau78

guys guys guys!! if brake pedal goes down then ur master pump washer is not holding the pressure to push the pistons. so that means-

1. a leak in one of your wheel cylinder washers

2. a leak in the piping that goes from the master pump to the wheels.

3. Master pump washers worn

4. master pump cylinder housing scratched or not smooth enough to withhold pressure.

if 1 and 2 are completed, and if problem persists, then replace master pump washer set.

NOTE: always use genuine or at least 75% good washers like branded ones. i go for seiken. you dont want to have to go through the trouble of removing the master pump and replacing it again coz they wear off easily and dats y they are low priced!!

if replacing the master pump washer set doesnt work, replace the master pump. that should do the trick. it must have been bored or scathed / scratched.

Good luck!

btw if you find murky dark coloured brake oil, its due to the worn washes and pieces of aluminium due to pump wear. flush off the entire system with new oil.

post-47770-013458800 1302000025_thumb.jp