• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mazda Axela Tak Sound When Starting The Car

mazda axela

Question

Last week I pumped the petrol (Octon Extreme) @ IOC – Mabola and when I took out the vehicle there was a slope and suddenly a noise came from the front area (sounded like Tak, Tak vibrating noise .. from inside the bonnet).

I then switched off the vehicle and started it again. The same noise was there and the vehicle also didn't move as well, even if I stepped on the accelerator.

I was on my way to the airport, and so I showed the vehicle to one of the service stations nearby since I couldn't find any alternative. I was informed by them that it might be a problem caused by mixing petrol and asked me to show the vehicle to an expert. After some time later it was ok In the meantime if I slow down the vehicle or put the reverse gear, a vibrating noise comes from the front area of the car.

Later in the day when I took the vehicle to a garage, the noise was not there. Anyway, now when I start the vehicle one ‘Tak’ noise is coming, also while driving I hear the noise once in a while.

However, didn't feel any difference in the driving (I normally drive 50 km to office every day)

Can you someone please advise me on this?

25 answers to this question

Last week I pumped the petrol (Octon Extreme) @ IOC – Mabola and when I took out the vehicle there was a slope and suddenly a noise came from the front area (sounded like Tak, Tak vibrating noise .. from inside the bonnet).

I then switched off the vehicle and started it again. The same noise was there and the vehicle also didn't move as well, even if I stepped on the accelerator.

I was on my way to the airport, and so I showed the vehicle to one of the service stations nearby since I couldn't find any alternative. I was informed by them that it might be a problem caused by mixing petrol and asked me to show the vehicle to an expert. After some time later it was ok In the meantime if I slow down the vehicle or put the reverse gear, a vibrating noise comes from the front area of the car.

Later in the day when I took the vehicle to a garage, the noise was not there. Anyway, now when I start the vehicle one ‘Tak’ noise is coming, also while driving I hear the noise once in a while.

However, didn't feel any difference in the driving (I normally drive 50 km to office every day)

Can you someone please advise me on this?

Did you try emptying the tank and pumping normal fuel after this issue ?

• Like 1

Sounds like 2 problems

the first problem with the clicking noise and car not moving sounds like an axle. however the car started to move and is not showing problems now. The only conclusion I can draw from this is that the car was not fully in gear when you were trying to accelerate. ( I am assuming it is manual)

The second problem with the vibrating in reverse is most likely the #3 engine mount. Very common for these mounts to break in the mazda axela.

It does not sound like a fuel problem at all.

• Like 1

Sounds like 2 problems

the first problem with the clicking noise and car not moving sounds like an axle. however the car started to move and is not showing problems now. The only conclusion I can draw from this is that the car was not fully in gear when you were trying to accelerate. ( I am assuming it is manual)

The second problem with the vibrating in reverse is most likely the #3 engine mount. Very common for these mounts to break in the mazda axela.

It does not sound like a fuel problem at all.

Sorry I forget to mention very first, my one is Auto

Also yesterday I went to putalam and came back in the evening so during the jurney I didn't feel any sound but like I mentioned before once in a while that "tak" sound is comming when I put reverse gear(only one time)

Edited by mazda axela

No. I didn't try like this, Also can you tell me Which octen is prefer 90 / 95

IM not exactly sure on that but i guess 95 would be better

BTW does this sound some when you are turning the car ?

Does it come when you just go in a straight line ?

Also is the sound coming only when the car is moving or is it even coming when the car is not moving ( while the engine is on obviously )

could be a CV joints problem

Sorry I forget to mention very first, my one is Auto

Also yesterday I went to putalam and came back in the evening so during the jurney I didn't feel any sound but like I mentioned before once in a while that "tak" sound is comming when I put reverse gear(only one time)

i am not a expert on this but this look like engine or gear mounts problem.

IM not exactly sure on that but i guess 95 would be better

Also is the sound coming only when the car is moving or is it even coming when the car is not moving ( while the engine is on obviously )

Please reffer the comments for above question. Can you please advice me best place to check this problem (Normaly I am doing the service @ Carmart, meantime by another 200KM I have to do the next service)

not sure I will moniter this.

Once in a while it is comming. But if I put reverse gear sudenlly the "Tak" sound comming (only one time)

When moving

Please reffer the comments for above question. Can you please advice me best place to check this problem (Normaly I am doing the service @ Carmart, meantime by another 200KM I have to do the next service)

not sure I will moniter this.

Once in a while it is comming. But if I put reverse gear sudenlly the "Tak" sound comming (only one time)

When moving

Since you only have 200 more km's to go i suggest you consult with carmart before the scheduled service, the last thing you want to find out is your car breaking down in the middle of the road.

Okay by my observation it isnt anything related to the cv joints cause the sound also come when the car is moving in a straight line. (im relying on your info here )

Sounds to me like a gearbox related issue, especially since you mentioned about the reverse gear

Is your car a manual or an auto ? if its an auto do you regularly change ATF/CVT oil ?

Other than these symptoms have you noticed a loss in power/ bad acceleration/ unexpected gear changes ?

Bro the best thing is to show it to the agents or a good mechanic ASAP.

Also a word of caution, if the agents mention that a part needs to be replaced the best thing is to check out from other places about the price cause usually agents drill a hole in your pocket :alc:

Edited by The Stig

Yesterday I did the service @ carmart meantime they did general checkup and told me problem is in the suspension system.

and the Cost will be around morethan 100 Thousand.

Guys can you please advice me is there any other good place to check the problem again and place where I can buy the spare parts.

Finally I have noticed the sound is comming only when putting the reverse gear

Yesterday I did the service @ carmart meantime they did general checkup and told me problem is in the suspension system.

Guys can you please advice me is there any other good place to check the problem again and place where I can buy the spare parts.

what part of the suspension needs to be replaced? Get a list of stuff that needs to be replaced, take a trip down to Panchikawatte and buy them yourself. Then get it done outside.

Take her to Mazna Motors @ Pepiliyana junction

He's the Mazda expert who is recommended by lotta forum members

what part of the suspension needs to be replaced? Get a list of stuff that needs to be replaced, take a trip down to Panchikawatte and buy them yourself. Then get it done outside.

I forget the list but they told need to replace one shock absorber and some other thing if we need to fix the sound.

Also they told can run the vehicle without problem.

Hi Friends,

Finally I went to Mazna Motors and did the repair.

Problem was Engine Mount broken it cost me around 25 thousand,

But Carmart people told me that the problem is in suspension system and will cost more than 100 thousand :violent-smiley-009:

Thanks for your help

Edited by mazda axela

Hi Friends,

But Carmart people told me that the problem is in suspension system and will cost more than 100 thousand :violent-smiley-009:

Thanks for your help

that's good to hear. Further proof that the agents havn't really upped their game yet. monitor for a few weeks though.

Hi Friends,

Thanks for your help

dont even think of going to agents for any issue major or minor. have you ever heard of an agent that drains out the ATF fluid of an axela and comes to you scratching their heads and say the AFT replacement fluid is out of their stocks! :D this is a true story.

Whatever you do, DO NOT GET THE WORK DONE AT CARMART ! Their usual approach to problem solving is replace anything that doesn't sound right, without actually investigating what the problem is.

If it is actually suspension, they it sounds like it will be a fairly straight forward fix. I assume you have checked all your engine mounts to make sure they are all ok, and the engine is definitely not knocking ...

EDit: Sorry, I only realised AFTER I posted this that it was the mount as I myself suspected and Dilan pointed out some time ago :)

Edited by The Don