• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Common Issues With Ek3

macroxx

Filters get dirty machan. All 4 filters were a bit dirty (grayed) in my case, so I replaced all of em. It will filter fuel before entering into injectors. Petrol filter do the same thing, but who knows about the fuel rail and piping? might have dirt inside. Anyways my car's mileage is now 126,000 and I am pretty sure this is the first time the filters got replaced. Anyways, having a dirty filter will not effect the power like hell :angry-smiley-048: . But better to replace when you replace the fuel filter. Besides it cost only Rs.1500 :rolleyes:

Do these come with the engine/injectors as OEM or? :huh:

what do you mean by Piston slap? is it something that happens mainly when the engine is cold? Not sure what the point is by changing the injector filters.

keep the injector filters aside bro. :rolleyes: This is not related to the tune up. :) And yes the sound comes loud when the engine is cold, smiler ticking sound like tappet noise. Piston slap is something that comes with engine wear. When the gap between the piston and the cylinder wall increases, it gives this annoying sound :( .

Cheers machan.

keep the injector filters aside bro. :rolleyes: This is not related to the tune up. :) And yes the sound comes loud when the engine is cold, smiler ticking sound like tappet noise. Piston slap is something that comes with engine wear. When the gap between the piston and the cylinder wall increases, it gives this annoying sound :( .

Cheers machan.

i have no experince with D15Z4. but i know the d15b is a rok soild engine. whats the milage of the car?

about 126,000Kms mate.

I doubt if this the case exactly. If you get the noice due to cylinder wear and gap between piston and cylinder, I think the car is treated really badly compare to its mileage. And as stated I don't think its commen issue with Exi model, because I knew one car which did around same mileage without any problem.

I doubt if this the case exactly. If you get the noice due to cylinder wear and gap between piston and cylinder, I think the car is treated really badly compare to its mileage. And as stated I don't think its commen issue with Exi model, because I knew one car which did around same mileage without any problem.

Yeah me too... but Im not responsible for that, the previous owner do :violent-smiley-030: . Now I have to suffer :action-smiley-060: , So what should I do? :(

Cheers machan.

Nope this thread in relation to EK3s so the discussion is on.

And its more likely to be caused by a carbon build up than a worn out engine- D15's are known to last well past the 150k mark.

Nope this thread in relation to EK3s so the discussion is on.

And its more likely to be caused by a carbon build up than a worn out engine- D15's are known to last well past the 150k mark.

Carbon build up? U mean in the cylinder? What do I do mate... :(

Well you can ask a good mechanic to open the engine up and clean around the pistons. Or you can try oil or fuel additives- which may sort the problem if its not too severe. Careful though- you dont want the engine oil seals to get spoiled using oil additives

Guys, another problem in ek3 just came to my mind.

Door handles... Rear door handle pops out from the door panel after some time. :blink: And the solution is quite easy B) , borrow your wife's hair dryer and heat the inner side of the handle and bend it. (remember: DO NOT BEND IT TOO HARD & DO NOT OVER HEAT IT) Otherwise it will remove the nice texture on it :)

cheers :alc:

Edited by macroxx

Guys, another problem in ek3 just came to my mind.

Door handles... Rear door handle pops out from the door panel after some time. :blink: And the solution is quite easy B) , borrow your wife's hair dryer and heat the inner side of the handle and bend it. (remember: DO NOT BEND IT TOO HARD & DO NOT OVER HEAT IT) Otherwise it will remove the nice texture on it :)

cheers :alc:

i have never heard or seen! :unsure:

Guys,

After the service, it seems the engine oil level is bit high. It has gone up like 5mm above from the maximum mark. I just checked morning of the day after the service. So will it be an issue? Will it caused to leak oil to injectors or plugs?

Thanks,

Guys,

After the service, it seems the engine oil level is bit high. It has gone up like 5mm above from the maximum mark. I just checked morning of the day after the service. So will it be an issue? Will it caused to leak oil to injectors or plugs?

Thanks,

Best thing is to keep the level to its maximum, not above that. It will make more smoke and pollute the air. My father's car got failed the emission test because of this :action-smiley-060: . He used to add a little more above the level to the engine. And I honestly don't have any idea about leaks :) . Hope you'll get a better answer from the other members :rolleyes:

:alc:

• 9 months later...

can anyone please tell me how to check the oxygen level or the O2 sensor?? also how to identify whether the car is running on open loop??um asking these cuz i heard these make the fuel consumption go high.my car does only 8 kmpl

you can check it with a multimeeter if you happen to have one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdn4Dk5PSwc

• 4 weeks later...

i went to a mechanic to get my O2 sensors checked since i dont have a multi meter but he sent me back saying that if the O2 sensor is faulty,the check bulb will come up :S

its cheap, get one from eBay... far far cheaper them buying them here.

u mean the sensor or the multi meter? do u know of any mechanic who does it??

sensor :)

make sure its the same connector, a DENSO will cost around $30~40 and around $20 for shipping. there maybe used ones for far cheaper price but i don't recommend them. if your getting a used one buy it from SL.

Members,

Multi Meter’s are available on 1st cross street pettah any electrical shops for under Rs: 2000.00 Digital, Moving coil from Rs: 300.00 up.

It is good to have a Multi meter to test the battery charging rate Volts. Then continuity of a electrical circuit.Test bulbs and fuses.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.