• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Upper Arm Bush Ek3

Duminda_CR

and one more thing guys, how long we can use a VIC oil filter? if it did arround 10000 kms will it affects to the vehicle pulling power?

previously i used synthetic oil and i changed them after 8000kms. after that i used mobil multigrade oil. service guy said me not to remove the oil filter coz it can do 2 services. but now after 2000kms i can feel that my car pulling power is low. so i thought that oil filter may be the reason. coz ATF oil is also did only 10000kms.

and one more thing guys, how long we can use a VIC oil filter? if it did arround 10000 kms will it affects to the vehicle pulling power?

previously i used synthetic oil and i changed them after 8000kms. after that i used mobil multigrade oil. service guy said me not to remove the oil filter coz it can do 2 services. but now after 2000kms i can feel that my car pulling power is low. so i thought that oil filter may be the reason. coz ATF oil is also did only 10000kms.

always good to change the oil filter every 5000 km. this is way too much.

The oil filter usually has no effect on pulling power. It just gets more ineffective as it gets older, thus impurities will build up in the oil which will cause damage to internal components. This process is usually quite slow so you shouldn't see an effect as drastic as that. The problem is something else ! (though do change oil filter at EVERY service).

lot of honda expeerts say synthetic oil doesnt go with vtec engines. dont know how true since i have never used synthetic in mine. always used Mobil mutigrade.

Oil filters need to be changed with each oil change regardless of how much you paid for it and what the brand is.

Just look at it this way. the filter is what catches all th stuff thats in the oil, when blocked you would have a reduced flow. If the block is pretty bad the bypass valve swings into action, letting the oil flow through but it will be unfiltered.

I would not under any means take advise from any guy at a service station if I were you. In fact if you were running synthetic oil for extended intervals you would be safer changing the filter every 5000 kms.

my personnal experience is synthetic oil is giving an extra performance. because when the time i went to multigrade from the synthetic it really droped the pulling power. that is my experience. but now im worring for the oil filter. i had to change it. but im wondering why the pulling power drops suddenly. :o :o

my personnal experience is synthetic oil is giving an extra performance. because when the time i went to multigrade from the synthetic it really droped the pulling power. that is my experience. but now im worring for the oil filter. i had to change it. but im wondering why the pulling power drops suddenly. :o :o

Well the pickup doesn't have anything to do with your oil though. When was the last time you changes the plugs and wires?

Well the pickup doesn't have anything to do with your oil though. When was the last time you changes the plugs and wires?

i bought her arround 1 and half year back.. i checked for plugs and technician said all are in a good condition. so i didnt change them. but he asked me to do an engine tuneup. have to do it.

lot of honda expeerts say synthetic oil doesnt go with vtec engines. dont know how true since i have never used synthetic in mine. always used Mobil mutigrade.

:) :) who are these so called 'honda experts'? presume they are local :)

Anyway most enthusiast driven d15 and b16's are over 10 years old now- so anyway running fully synth may not make much sense- since these are old engines. (unless they are rebuilt I guess)

:) :) who are these so called 'honda experts'? presume they are local :)

Anyway most enthusiast driven d15 and b16's are over 10 years old now- so anyway running fully synth may not make much sense- since these are old engines. (unless they are rebuilt I guess)

correction! "so called experts" :D obviously local

i always believe the mineral old would do justice to any engine, new or old.

correction! "so called experts" :D obviously local

i always believe the mineral old would do justice to any engine, new or old.

I guess as long as the oil is fresh- you cant go wrong. That said maybe its just a mental thing- but I love the less strained feeling you get on high revs when running a premium oil like Mobil 1 gold.

Guys I am gonna change all front suspension bushes, any rough estimate of the cost for bushes?

for the upper arm bush its 750 per bush. so approx it will 3000 for upper arm. if you change all bushes it will cost arround 6 or 7 i guess. but all are thaiwan.

for the upper arm bush its 750 per bush. so approx it will 3000 for upper arm. if you change all bushes it will cost arround 6 or 7 i guess. but all are thaiwan.

dont expect much from a thaiwani bush.. that will survive little longer than a year. always better to go for a japanese though not genuine.

dont expect much from a thaiwani bush.. that will survive little longer than a year. always better to go for a japanese though not genuine.

hay theres no japanise spares here arround right? tech motor says that bushes comes from thaiwan. if you need to go for the genuine one have to replace whole arm. one arm costs 10900 in stafford. its too much i think. are there any place to buy japanise bush? i dont think so.

hay theres no japanise spares here arround right? tech motor says that bushes comes from thaiwan. if you need to go for the genuine one have to replace whole arm. one arm costs 10900 in stafford. its too much i think. are there any place to buy japanise bush? i dont think so.

may be they dont have in the stock at the moment. they used to have all the bushes including upper arm, lower arm etc..genuine, original jap and other makes.